Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-12-2022, 05:30 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Blackout

2005 Journey 39K. Boondocking last night. I have the generator running. All of a sudden, it just stops. Go to start it, and the red light on the switch doesn't light up. Book says that means it's not getting power. Now when the generator turned off, it took out all the 12 volt stuff with it. No lights. No anything. My fridge which was running on propane stopped working . I go over to my command center( that's what I call it), and start checking everything. My inverter turned itself off with the message Inverter off. Low battery. Turn on inverter, battery is at 10.4, and it counts down to 10.0 and turns inverter off. I check my battery monitor, engine 13.8. House 13.7. I'm a little lost with the electrical system on these things. I've watched a couple of YouTube videos, and I still am having a hard time grasping all this. What am I missing? Is there another battery somewhere just for my power standby system ? Why is there no power to my generator ? What happened to my 12volt power ? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Just drove out to California yesterday from Indiana. Start a new job Monday and I need to fix this. Thanks
Highliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 06:07 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Sounds like you lost the 12 VDC to the house, which I believe is needed for the generator to run.

Easier to help you if we knew what you were in, trailer, 5th wheel, motor home, year make and model