Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-27-2022, 01:04 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Need Electrical system diagram for 2000 Minnie Winnie

Hello RV'ers,

New to RV life and need some help fixing my rig. mine is a 24V battery system and is not charging with shore power.
asifmcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 01:57 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

You didn't specify which 2000 Minnie Winnie you have, but you can get the wiring diagrams for your coach by going here Winnebago Wiring Diagrams and selecting the year and then model of you coach.

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 02:00 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Btw, I'm quite sure you have a 12V system, not a 24V one! If you have multiple 12V batteries they would be wired in PARALLEL which will still give you 12V, rather than SERIAL which would give you 24V.

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 12:08 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Many thanks to all you experts.... I fixed my issue it was indeed a 12v system, battery acid was all dried up and showed open circuit volt and isolator was busted, no load voltage was high which was all fake. after fixing the contacts points in solenoid it is charging correctly the new batteries and everything works as designed.

Next project is dashboard modernization ... 12.1 " infotainment system tire presssure monitor dashcam rearcam remote start push button etc.
asifmcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 12:57 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Since you are new to the game and seem to have several projects in mind, I might throw in some info on sites to check when starting new projects as RV tend to be very confusing on the electrical and which parts to look where.

First thought to mention is the batteries as they tend to be one of the most frequent problem areas. The way we tend to use RV, makes the batteries much more a problem area if we don't get in and use the RV frequently.
In our car, we tend to get in and drive them to keep the battery good but when we store an RV, there are "parasitic drains" which do run the batteries down given longer times between drives.

Keep in mind that the battery disconnect switches DO NOT disconnect several safety items like CO and propane detectors, steps, etc. on the coach supply and there are things like radio presets on the start battery!
So when you buy an RV that has been on a lot for a time, there is a good chance the batteries are damaged or totalled!

Second point is that the RV being plugged in may get the coach batteries charged, even boiled dry, while there may not be any charge at all to the start battery, so watch carefully until you find what YOUR RV does. Not all work the same!

Wiring?
https://www.winnebago.com/Files/File...ram/Wiring.htm
Plumbing:
https://www.winnebago.com/Files/File...m/Plumbing.htm

Parts:
https://catalog3d.winnebagoind.com/menu/Parts.htm

Don't skip over the parts too quickly as it can help locate and help spot how to get things apart!

Morich is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electrical