Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-11-2023, 08:52 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

What sealant? 2012 Winnebago Chalet 31CR

I replaced my shocks, added a steering stabilizer and lubed my slide gears recently. While under the MH I noticed a fair amount of surface rust on the end caps of my storage bays. I've sanded the rust off and getting ready to paint the cleaned surface to prevent rust again.
I noticed that some of the sealant used to seal the joints of these bays is deteriorating and missing in areas. I noticed a small amount of water in one of my bays on our last trip after driving in the rain. I believe this deteriorating sealant is the source.
This sealant appears to have been applied with a brush and has a rubbery texture. Does anyone know what this is? I want to reseal before our next trip.
Thanks in advance or your help.
Chief deputy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2023, 11:05 AM   #2
Site Team

Winnebago puts out a Sealant Guide for all their motorhomes organized by model name and year. The really ODD thing is, I can't find any mention of the 2012 Winnebago Chalet 31CR in any of the guides. I can't find a brochure for that model either in the Brochure Archive.

I can see it's a Class C on a E450 F53 Chassis - but it's like it didn't exist - at least in the "Guides and Diagrams" section of the Owner's Resources. The closest appears to be the Access 31C and there is a Sealant Guide for that model.

I've posted a screenshot below - and a link to the PDF:

https://www.winnebago.com/Files/File...2/178080a3.pdf

The part number for the sealant on the lower compartment is: 072889-10-000. That is Manus Bond 75-AM in black. It's available on Amazon, here's a link:

https://www.amazon.com/Manus-Product.../dp/B079Z2RH4M

Manus Bond is a Urethane non-leveling sealant used on plenty of places on your RV.

Even though the guide is for the Access 31C from the way you describe the sealant on your RV I feel confident it is the correct sealant for your application.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-08-11 at 11.56.30 AM.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	196.2 KB
ID:	186934  
Old 08-11-2023, 11:42 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Creativepart,
Thank you so much! What a great resource.
We bought this last December and I too find limited information on “chalet 31 CR”. I did notice on my insurance policy that they list it as an Access model. On the MH itself it has Chalet so it must be an Access with Chalet being some sort of sub model.

Thanks again for the information!
Chief deputy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winnebago, seal