Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-06-2017, 08:10 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Leveling Jack's warning light buzzer on when Jack's fully retracted

OK,

I can't find a post Iike this searching the forums, but I suspect others may have seen this.

Only in cold weather - freezing or lower, when I retract the leveling jack's on my 2007 Winnie Journey 39Z the jacks down light stays on, the warning buzzer buzzes and the control panel flashes. After I go down the road a bit, it turns off, then intermittently will go back on and off until the outside temperature warms up. Usually a bump will trigger it turning on or off until it warms up.

Is there a solenoid or sensor that can be cleaned or replaced? The jacks are fully retracted, and I spray them with lubricant regularly.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

Trippin Engles
jengle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 08:25 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

You will get that indication when you are low on hydrolic fluid
MIDMONDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 10:59 AM   #3
Site Team

x2 on getting the fluid topped off.

We used to get an alarm going around corners. Topped off the fluid (and tried sealing the fill hole a bit better) and no alarms since.

Don't second guess that it could be something else before topping off.
Old 10-07-2017, 07:48 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Don't think this is hydraulic fluid since it's been serviced twice since it first happened, but will check and report back.

Thanks
Old 10-07-2017, 10:53 PM   #5
Winnie-Wise

I agree with the above regarding the Hydraulic fluid. When/If you top it off, make sure the jacks are retracted (up) before adding the fluid. I would also check the hoses to make sure they are not bulging.

Good luck!
Rear Trac Bar, Safe-T-Plus, and 480 watt solar system.
Rossi6998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 09:16 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

And in some cases, the slides need to be retracted too, before checking fluid level and topping off. There is another thing that the cold could affect...electrical connections.

Metal contacts contract in the cold and can become open circuits. This is especially common with barrel type connectors. If your system has any connectors, and it's likely it does, you might check all connections starting at the jacks and working up.

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : https://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 09:42 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jengle View Post
OK,

I can't find a post Iike this searching the forums, but I suspect others may have seen this.

Only in cold weather - freezing or lower, when I retract the leveling jack's on my 2007 Winnie Journey 39Z the jacks down light stays on, the warning buzzer buzzes and the control panel flashes. After I go down the road a bit, it turns off, then intermittently will go back on and off until the outside temperature warms up. Usually a bump will trigger it turning on or off until it warms up.

Is there a solenoid or sensor that can be cleaned or replaced? The jacks are fully retracted, and I spray them with lubricant regularly.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

Trippin Engles
Before you check your fluid level refer to the correct procedure in your owners manual. In some cases one room needs to be out.

Another cause of this is with the jack sensors. One could have failed or simply be out of adjustment. HWH has some good info on this. It will take a bit of hunting on their site but troubleshooting tips and solutions are there.

Rick Y
Old 10-12-2017, 08:02 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Jack warning lights blink... hydraulic fluid ok

Anyone know what type of sensors are on the Winnebago Journey 39Z (2008). Only in cold weather the jacks up light and buzzer along with the control panel error sound. Jacks are fully retracted and go up at normal speed.

Hydraulic fluid tank is full. This has been happening over the past 2 years (we don't get into cold weather much). Yesterday morning we had 41 degree weather and the warning light came on a couple of times 5 minutes after leaving the park on the freeway after going over a bump. Then another bump and it went off. This was the first time this happened with Temps above freezing.

Thanks for all the replies so far...
Old 10-13-2017, 07:50 AM   #9
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jengle View Post
Anyone know what type of sensors are on the Winnebago Journey 39Z (2008). Only in cold weather the jacks up light and buzzer along with the control panel error sound. Jacks are fully retracted and go up at normal speed.

Hydraulic fluid tank is full. This has been happening over the past 2 years (we don't get into cold weather much). Yesterday morning we had 41 degree weather and the warning light came on a couple of times 5 minutes after leaving the park on the freeway after going over a bump. Then another bump and it went off. This was the first time this happened with Temps above freezing.

Thanks for all the replies so far...
I suggest that you start here: Welcome to HWH Corporation Get the service manual for your system.

Parts and pricing are more available and a bit cheaper from Stuart's Service (HWH Replacement Parts - Stuart's Services)

Rick Y
Old 10-14-2017, 09:10 AM   #10
Winnebago Camper

Leveling Jacks down warning light on - power gear

OK, I have the Power Gear Jack system with the 140-1226 controller, HWH won't be of much help. Of course I am now in Southern Arizona with the low Temps in the mid 60s. No warning buzzers now!

Sensors seem to vary quite a bit reading the blogs and docs. Can not find pictures that match my rig.

Will call Winnebago Monday.

Thanks
Old 10-14-2017, 08:24 PM   #11
Winnie-Wise

My Voyage has Power Gear jacks like yours. I occasionally have my jacks down warning come on while traveling. I simply turn the control panel on and hit the all up button and it goes off. I think that there may be a sensor out of adjustment, but can't figure out which one. I have pulled over when the warning comes on and checked the jacks and they are visually all up.
Kazoo Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 08:41 AM   #12
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazoo Tom View Post
My Voyage has Power Gear jacks like yours. I occasionally have my jacks down warning come on while traveling. I simply turn the control panel on and hit the all up button and it goes off. I think that there may be a sensor out of adjustment, but can't figure out which one. I have pulled over when the warning comes on and checked the jacks and they are visually all up.
I don't know if this helps but I found it on a Bing searcher: http://www.arizonarvparts.com/powergear/JackIDChart.pdf

Tags
jacks, leveling, leveling jacks, light