Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-27-2023, 02:59 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Outside Refrigerator Vent Cover missing 1998 Adventurer 35'

I lost my outside refrigerator cover for a 1998 Adventure 35', any help on a part # or an used replacement would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Cr250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2023, 03:27 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Think we may have found it but will send along where to look for checking my work!

Parts catalog here
https://www.winnebago.com/Files/File...8/98wg35wp.pdf

Down in window, vent, and exterior door group and page 77?

Click this snip to get better view!
Click image for larger version

Name:	frig door.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	196.2 KB
ID:	187684

This may get you the correct door but then I also suspect that may not help too much on the older items as they become out of stock for new???
A check for the part may lead to some but I'm guessing a look at the frig for brand and model number and then calling salvage may turn up better results.
Knowing the older frigs, I know they used the same frig for lots of years and lots of RV, so there may be a better chance of finding the right door by using the brand and model rather than a specific part number. The Winnebago part number may look past lots of doors used on lots of different brand RV?

You may have a bear by the tail or it might be right around the corner.
Hope that may help start the search!
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2023, 06:13 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Thank you!
Old 10-27-2023, 07:48 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

Replacement vent covers seem to be readily available online. Search for "RV Refrigerator Vent Cover". There are many different styles and sizes so you might have to take some measurements to know for certain.
Bones2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2023, 08:14 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Thank you, I'm closing in on the right one, just getting hung up on the measurement part, seems like the part # I believe I need is listed as a different size on different sites. I appreciate the help.
Old 11-02-2023, 07:16 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Check Amazon. They have some listed. You might get lucky and find the right one.
BVThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2023, 08:08 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

I have closed in on 1, however I have unable to find the exact one. I may have to open up my opening a slight bit.
Old 11-02-2023, 08:22 AM   #8
Winnebago Master

Yes, this has been my experience with replacing those covers. You can now use the internet and get lots of folks who tell you different things but when you get it in hand it may or may not be correct. We now live in a world where telling the truth is not considered critical and it makes online shopping much more difficult.
Old 11-02-2023, 09:05 AM   #9
Winnebago Camper

True, however I have nothing but respect for the help from this forum. Many go way above and beyond to offer assistance.
Old 11-02-2023, 09:40 AM   #10
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cr250 View Post
True, however I have nothing but respect for the help from this forum. Many go way above and beyond to offer assistance.
I did not mean to be critical of info you get here as most do their best! The folks I was meaning to be critical of are the folks who use shady adverts to confuse us into thinking their product will do wonders for all things!

The difference being that most folks here are just trying to help out and not trying to gouge you for a few bucks.
Old 11-02-2023, 04:01 PM   #11
Winnebago Master

Finding a used one in a MH salvage yard is an easter-egg hunt, each RV refrigerator brand, model, and revision has different size vent panels.
Best of luck!
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2023, 05:44 PM   #12
Winnebago Master

I dropped one of mine while in Denver when it was cold a few weeks ago and it shattered. I was sure I'd never find another as they were Dometic and a size that not many used (not to mention Dometic likes to discontinue parts about 15 minutes after production). I was pleasantly surprised when I called Lichtsinn and they had them!

Tags
refrigerator, vent, adventurer