Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-08-2023, 08:26 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Interior panel removal 2000 Minnie Winnie

Hello everyone. Hope you are all having a great holiday season.

I could use some help with a side panel on the over cab bed area.

As you will see in the picture, I bought this 2000 Minnie Winnie and didn't see the amount of water damage there was in the over can area. I am trying to replace all the wood and clean it all up but I can't figure out how to remove the two (one on each side) vertical panels. They seem to be attached to the side wall only. Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20231208_194301597~2.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	247.7 KB
ID:	188043  
ctrain22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2023, 08:39 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

I would try to work this by first finding where the tan portion is attached to the wall.
If you pry somewhat gently along the edges and top, does it seem to be attached and bow at the places where the buttons are located?
That is one way it is done and might be this method used?
There are screw items which then have decorative caps that snap over the screwheads.
https://www.sailrite.com/Snap-Fasten...xoCnt4QAvD_BwE

They come in all kinds of sizes and a variety of forms but the idea is that we can cover the cap with our material, screw the covered board to the wall and then snap the caps over the screw heads!
Gently probing /prying may let you snap the top covers off without damage and be able to then see the screws?
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2023, 03:06 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Most likely Morich is right. This is part of the trim-out. The screw head covers looks a lot better than screw heads.
Good luck on the repair. I once replaced rotted wood over the cab of a class C. You must be skilled to complete such repair.
Old 12-14-2023, 08:10 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo Walker View Post
Most likely Morich is right. This is part of the trim-out. The screw head covers looks a lot better than screw heads.
Good luck on the repair. I once replaced rotted wood over the cab of a class C. You must be skilled to complete such repair.

The amount of skill versus what is acceptable is part of the deal we get! We were not necessarily that skilled and some of the first rebuilds we did were not all that great as we had to learn lots of tricks!
However? If you are in a group who is gradually moving from tents to hard sides and having moved through a wide variety of "make-do" that fit the times and budget, it's easy to overlook things like exposed screwheads if you are moving up to a "real" RV from a converted beer wagon or tent!
Once you've spent a few years in a hunting cabin or ice fishing rig, most any repair on a class C looks really nice!

One of the things I notice in the current generation is how much they are willing to pass up doing because they are not willing to start at a lower level.
I have a couple across the street who are paying way big rent because they can't afford a house.
The point they are missing is that they are living in a four bedroom house because they refuse to live in a two bedroom house they could afford, so they will always be too broke to buy a house!
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
panel, removal