Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Heating, Cooling and Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-08-2007, 04:50 AM   #1
Winnie-Wise

I got a new door for my 12 CF SS fridge and need to take the stainless steel sheet panel off the old door and put on the new door.

I can get the door off but I don't see any obvious way to remove the panel. Anybody got an idea or know how to do it?

Thanks in advance.

'05 Meridian 36G
CHIPPYSGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 04:50 AM   #2
Winnie-Wise

I got a new door for my 12 CF SS fridge and need to take the stainless steel sheet panel off the old door and put on the new door.

I can get the door off but I don't see any obvious way to remove the panel. Anybody got an idea or know how to do it?

Thanks in advance.

'05 Meridian 36G
Old 08-08-2007, 08:33 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Can't help with how the panel is affixed on your model however when you figure it out make sure that the door (when replaced) passes the dollar bill test. Changed the panel on my previous coach and never could get that door to seal correctly after the replacement. Good Luck

07 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 03:43 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

Most of those doors have trim pieces around the four sides of the door. One or more should be removable. Look around the edges for screws that may allow the trim to come loose. After the trim is removed the panel should slide out. Is you fridge Dometic or Norcold? If you know the model number you can go to Bryant RV, then to the "service documents" section. Scroll down the page and you should find the complete service manual available for download. Hope this helps.
Kazoo Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 02:16 AM   #5
Winnie-Wise

Tom,

Thanks. I finally got a live person at Norcold and he told me the plastic trim piece on the side opposite the hinges pops out. I'll give that a try when I've got time. Then it'll work as he said it will. If I try it when rushed, as usual, it will become a major chore.

'05 Meridian 36G
Old 08-09-2007, 05:44 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

Why was this change necessary on 05 & 06 Meridians. I have an 04 Meridian 36G with the 4-drNorcold, and was wondering if this is something I have to look forward to. Thanks and good luck on your change.
Wagonmaster2
wagonmaster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 01:42 AM   #7
Winnie-Wise

When I bought my m/h new in 2005 I was in CA and drove it back to VA taking 10 weeks to do so. When I got home I finally took the shelves off the door for a good cleaning and there was a tear in plastic door lining right behind one of the shelves that was invisible with the shelf installed.

The local dealer got a replacement door from Norcold and installed it, including transfering the shelves. On the first use the shelves wouldn't stay in the door as the plastic lining had seperated from the guts of the door. It bulged ever so slightly and they didn't fully snap into place although they looked good.

Norcold sent me a new door and I'm going to do it myself since the dealer here will no longer do warranty work and is 50 miles away anyway.

It's really easy to do, I just didn't see how to get the stainless steel panel off.

Man, did I ramble on or what?

No, don't worry about it. A manufacturing flaw according to Norcold on the first replacement door.

'05 Meridian 36G
Old 08-10-2007, 07:49 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

Thanks for the reply, makes me feel better. And I think you did a great job describing your situation, very clear. Hope everything works right with the newest door.
Wagonmaster2
wagonmaster2 is offline   Reply With Quote