Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-31-2022, 08:34 AM   #1
Winnebago Master

HWH Slideout Leaks

I recently had my local RV Mx shop go over the HWH system looking for leaks at connections and along hoses. A few months go I purchased new o-rings for the HWH check valves and took care of that issue, easy peasy.

My Mx shop reported that they found no leaks and the the system was working well, they even offered that they had cleaned the exposed rams. This was late in December 21.

On Jan 20th I took the Journey to get the front tires replaced and when I backed out I noticed a spot on the storage bldg floor about the size of a pie pan it was obviously Hydraulic fluid as it was red in color. I forgot about it by the time I returned that day with the new tires but noticed another spot very close to the first last week. Climbed under the coach and noticed some fluid had been leaking at the end toward the front of the Motor Home. "Picture attached"

You can see the fluid at the front of what I think is the synchronizer.

I tried an experiment and put a white towel under the spot where it has been leaking and ran the slide out and back in twice, and saw no additional leakage.

I then thought that the fluid could be running along the various lines and ran the leveling jacks down and back up twice and again saw no fluid on the towel.

I left the towel there just in case it leaks down after the fact.

The slide moves out and in perfectly, and always in sync.

Is this something that needs immediate attention?

Can the synchronizer be rebuilt or should it be replaced?

I have a trip to Florida planned for 2/10, should I be concerned?

Any information or advice you can lend would be greatly appreciated.

PS, just spoke with Chuck at Stuarts Service in Elkhart. He said he can't get any cylinders out of HWH, and suggested that they only thing he could suggest is to drive to Iowa and have HWH rebuild it. Grand times we live in!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20220129_123911.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	450.5 KB
ID:	181864  

Tags
hwh, leak, leaks, slide, slideout