Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-09-2023, 07:43 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Dash heat help please 2016 Sunova 33C

2016 Sunova 33c - Can anyone with similar coach trace the heater hose lines that are marked with blue tape in photo and take a picture? I'm trying to see if my hoses are hooked up wrong - thanks.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20230704_065752 (1).jpg
Views:	34
Size:	266.5 KB
ID:	186610
chickenman05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2023, 08:32 AM   #2
Winnie-Wise

This is how ours is plumbed, I suspect yours may be the same. You can find yours in the Winnebago parts web site listed under your year and model. The part can be found in the section called "Auto A/C & Heat Chassis”.
I had two things go wrong with ours, one of the hoses was cut too short and was kinked shut not allowing heat to the dash. The other was the valve leaking from the stem and required replacement.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Heater Valve.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	50.4 KB
ID:	186611  
thompwil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2023, 09:03 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by thompwil View Post
This is how ours is plumbed, I suspect yours may be the same. You can find yours in the Winnebago parts web site listed under your year and model. The part can be found in the section called "Auto A/C & Heat Chassis”.
I had two things go wrong with ours, one of the hoses was cut too short and was kinked shut not allowing heat to the dash. The other was the valve leaking from the stem and required replacement.
Thanks - well that looks like mine is correct. Was the valve leaking visable from outside or internal? Also, where was your kink? Thamks!
Old 07-09-2023, 09:38 AM   #4
Winnie-Wise

The leak was visible, coming out from the stem as circled on the pic.
The hose that was kinked shut was the one connected to the back of the valve and does the "J" curve to the left going to the heater core (on the graphic pic). It was installed way too short for the 180 degree sweep it had to make. I had to replace it with one about a foot and a half longer for it not to kink. Little to no heat before, lots of heat when needed now.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Leaky valve.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	186612  
thompwil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2023, 06:19 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

thank you - you east coasters are the best - this will help me sooo much! Safe travels!
Old 08-31-2023, 07:35 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Update

So everything was hooked up correct with no kinked hoses and heater valve worked fine - just no warm air. Back flushed heater core but it was fine. Disconnected and tried to flush the line going to the motoraid and aux rear heater and no flow then suddenly a burst of water and it flows freely both directions. Could not find whatever it was as I was working in gravel driveway but hooked everything back up and it works great!
Old 09-01-2023, 09:06 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

That makes me suspect you need to drain and flush your cooling system too. Whatever was plugging the heater hose had to be created in the cooling system.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dash, heat