Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-01-2014, 09:53 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Winnebago customer service/warranty

We have owned our 2013 42 qd for six months we have over 40 warranty items (the coach has been in the dealers shop for over 2months total) only 3 item have been addressed the score being one item fixed the other two attempts to repair faild. Our main issue started on the second day of onership, the front ac will not cool but better yet pours water ( water comes out around ceiling lights) into the ceiling of our coach. Four attempts have been made to fix this (replacing multiple parts of the ac) all atempts have failed. I have called winnebagoseveral times about this they did not seem to think it was a big deal "nothing in the celing water should hurt" is what one cusromer service rep told me. I requested the entire ac unit be replaced winnebago told me they could not authotire that...it is colmans ac (this is unnder the 12 month bumper to bumper warranty period) . I called again thinking they just dont understand how much water has saturated th ceiling , I was told if it caused a problem down the road they would take care of it( sure like they are now) . I told them I could send them a video of the water coming out of the ceiling and I did. Winnebago states on their web site that they will respond to emails within 2 business days , after 10 business days with no response I called back . I was told they received the email but the person I needed to speak with was busy .I was promised he would call me back that afternoon , it has been a week and no call. Winnebago makes a nice looking coach and if you dont have major issues It is not to bad but their customer care has got to be at an all time low. I feel I have no choice but to unload this coach and take a $$ bath.
fla tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 09:58 AM   #2
Living The Dream

Any way you can take it to the factory in Forest City? They do a much better job of handling problems and working with you than ANY dealer shop I've ever dealt with.
SeeTheUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 10:22 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

I was going to take it to the factory but it would be a 40 hr drive there and back as well as time away from work to sit at the factory. It would cost me anywhere from 40 to60k in lost production to take the time off. On top of that the cs people at winnebago say it is no big deal that the ceiling has been saturated ,I would not feel comfortable keeping this coach unless all the celing pannels( that have been soaked) were replaced. Winnebago will not do this and tells me they will take care of it "if it causes a problem in the future" but refuse to give me this in writing . I am not only worried about direct water damage but also mold issues
Old 02-01-2014, 11:25 AM   #4
Winnie-Wise

A week ago you posted this
WE currently have an Itasca 42 qd ( we have an Anthem 44b on order)

Guess this post is just to jab them
rream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 02:53 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by rream View Post
A week ago you posted this
WE currently have an Itasca 42 qd ( we have an Anthem 44b on order)

Guess this post is just to jab them
no the whole reason I am ordering an anthem is because of our problems with Winnebago and camping world not fixxing warranty issues everything I post it is true it seems to me you are taking a jab at me with your post there is no way I would take the hit I am taking if I was not scared to death of this coach how would you feel if your one day old motor home flooded your ceiling because something was wrong with the air conditioners ,water dripping from around the lights and your told by the dealer and winnebago its no big deal and after four attempts to fix the AC by throwing parts at it they cant authorize replacing the ac or putting in new ceiling pannels I'm sure you know how detrimental leaks are to motor home construction so before you take the cheap jabs at people that are having problems acquiring a customer service or warranty work I wish you would put yourself in that person's situation
Old 02-01-2014, 03:42 PM   #6
Living The Dream

In all fairness, Tom, you may have told the truth, but seemingly not the whole truth.

Good luck with your new rig.
Old 02-01-2014, 04:02 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

I dont see how you can insinuate it is not the whole truth if you lookat my past post I was planning to go to the factory because my coach has spent over two months at the dealer with only 3 items adressed in that time two of which they failed to correct . Winnebago will not remove and replace the ceiling so why would I drive 40 hours if this will not be adressed . The fact is winnebago customer service is lacking I planned on keepi g this coach for at least 6 years and I had no intention of trading in less than a year but winnebago will not repair it properly so I really do nt have any good choises(pay an attorney or pay to get out of this lemon) would either of you feel warm and fuzzy about a continued water intrution that winnebago would not repair? The foam under the vinal ceiling is water loged with water seeping out around the ceiling lights, onto the floor the wood up there is also saturated and you would be happy with an answer of it should dry? I think not
Old 02-01-2014, 04:09 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Does the lemon law work for you in your state? There is also the Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act to look into.
Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Most all lawyers that deal with kind of thing do not require money from you....... their wages are paid by and in the settlement from the Manufacture.
http://myfloridalegal.com/pages.nsf/...256CC9005D415E
Old 02-01-2014, 04:26 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by palehorse89 View Post
Does the lemon law work for you in your state? There is also the Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act to look into.
Most all lawyers that deal with kind of thing do not require money from you....... their wages are paid by and in the settlement from the Manufacture.
Florida Attorney General - Recreation Vehicles
Lemon law only applies to the chassis in fla not the house part or I would persue the lemon law I dont know about the magnuson-moss act
Old 02-01-2014, 04:32 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by palehorse89 View Post
Florida Attorney General - Recreation Vehicles
X2 on this and if everything is as explained by OP, then he should have an excellent case. Good luck getting a settlement.
Old 02-01-2014, 04:49 PM   #11
Living The Dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by fla tom View Post
I dont see how you can insinuate . . . snip . . .
Just saying, Tom, that just this thread doesn't apparently tell the whole story. I have no idea what you've posted before, so I'm kinda left in the dark as to the entire dilemma you are facing. It seemed to me you were asking for advice, which I tried to give you per the Forest City suggestion.

Sounds as though you've already moved past getting the repairs done to your satisfaction and will simply get a different motorhome.

Again, good luck. Hope it all comes out okay for you.
Old 02-01-2014, 04:58 PM   #12
Winnebago Owner

I have no problem believing everything you are saying about your new Winnebago and the frustration trying to get it repaired properly. We have more than 65 items on our repair list and more than 200 days in the shop. Fortunately for us, our problems have primarily been cosmetic (cabinets fascias) or appliances failing (2 of 3 TV's, and then the replacement simply fell off the wall.) thankfully nothing has leaked or caught fire. We had a wonderful factory representative at Winnebago helping us get stuff resolved over the last year, but sadly, he has retired and we are now trying to get the "new guy" up to speed. We are down to one last repair and hopefully this time the repair will be satisfactory.

We considered taking the $$ hit by just having the repairs done by someone else. It was a cheaper option than trading it in. But we finally managed to get Winnebago to understand the extent of the problem. Have you had a factory rep come to inspect the coach?

Lemon law was not an option for us as the issues were not "safety related".
ChileRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 05:03 PM   #13
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeTheUSA View Post
Just saying, Tom, that just this thread doesn't apparently tell the whole story. I have no idea what you've posted before, so I'm kinda left in the dark as to the entire dilemma you are facing. It seemed to me you were asking for advice, which I tried to give you per the Forest City suggestion.

Sounds as though you've already moved past getting the repairs done to your satisfaction and will simply get a different motorhome.

Again, good luck. Hope it all comes out okay for you.
The whole story I have been dealing with this main issue from our second day of ownership (last june) have had the coach in the shop for over 2 of the last 6 months and have this main issue plus 38 more I have called winnebago emailed marcus lemming(camping world) I have not been successful in getting either party to step up. I have lost faith and will cut my losses I refered to previous posts because the second poster acusing me of jabbing winnebago quoted one of my previous post and I was accused of being devious in some way. If no one posts any of their bad experiences what use is this forum? That WOULD be only part of the picture.
Old 02-01-2014, 05:06 PM   #14
Winnebago Master

I have become so disheartened with Winnebago. It seems that the quality control issues are getting worse over time. I have personally contacted Winnebago Industries on behalf of present and future owners with chronic and ongoing issues of quality control. I have had my fair share. I have been assured that several representatives monitor irv2 and that they are aware of what we are saying. I would like to know their names and who they are reporting to. It seems these ongoing issues are falling on deaf ears.

As far as the water from the AC is concerned, I would start by removing the unit cover and personally inspecting the drain tube. Make certain it is attached. Then go to the drain exit at the back, left side, and pull the bug covers off. From the top of the coach blow caned air down the tube. If it is blocked the air will not pass. If debris is restricting the tube you may get it out with the force of the air.

We had a ceiling leak in out last coach over the bed. It was a slide roof issue. I fought it for years. Forest City finally fixed the problem by rebuilding the slide roof. It was full of MOLD!!!! I hope you get your ceiling dry soon and can keep it that way.

Happy trails,
Rick
Old 02-01-2014, 05:11 PM   #15
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChileRick View Post
I have no problem believing everything you are saying about your new Winnebago and the frustration trying to get it repaired properly. We have more than 65 items on our repair list and more than 200 days in the shop. Fortunately for us, our problems have primarily been cosmetic (cabinets fascias) or appliances failing (2 of 3 TV's, and then the replacement simply fell off the wall.) thankfully nothing has leaked or caught fire. We had a wonderful factory representative at Winnebago helping us get stuff resolved over the last year, but sadly, he has retired and we are now trying to get the "new guy" up to speed. We are down to one last repair and hopefully this time the repair will be satisfactory.

We considered taking the $$ hit by just having the repairs done by someone else. It was a cheaper option than trading it in. But we finally managed to get Winnebago to understand the extent of the problem. Have you had a factory rep come to inspect the coach?

Lemon law was not an option for us as the issues were not "safety related".
Most of our other issues are fairly minor failed microwave trim and seals falling off and tearing I have not had a rep inspect the coach asked for him to contact me but he did not I also sent videos of the water intrution to no avail, our last winnebago had small issues also which we worked through but no leaks. I am glad you got your coach fixed , I will not risk the problems down the road
Old 02-01-2014, 05:22 PM   #16
Winnebago Owner

Absolutely don't blame you. I'd be right there with you with your issues and lack of response from Winnebago. MOLD is no fun. Had it in the S&B once, can't imagine worrying about the possibly in the coach.

As Jerichorick said, Winnebago reps monitor this site. I know, because our rep commented on most of our posts we made here in the past. Hopefully, they will take the comments back to mgmt. and make a change.

Hope the new coach is better.
ChileRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 05:41 PM   #17
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChileRick View Post
Absolutely don't blame you. I'd be right there with you with your issues and lack of response from Winnebago. MOLD is no fun. Had it in the S&B once, can't imagine worrying about the possibly in the coach.

As Jerichorick said, Winnebago reps monitor this site. I know, because our rep commented on most of our posts we made here in the past. Hopefully, they will take the comments back to mgmt. and make a change.

Hope the new coach is better.
I hope they do read and respond I was very pro winnebago my dad owned winnebagos. Winnebago makes a beautiful feature packed product, they are just falling way short on the customer servce/warranty issues winnebago tours have some very nice features that the entegra anthem does not ( at a 90k list difference) I will miss some of those features
Old 02-01-2014, 07:55 PM   #18
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by fla tom View Post
I hope they do read and respond I was very pro winnebago my dad owned winnebagos. Winnebago makes a beautiful feature packed product, they are just falling way short on the customer servce/warranty issues winnebago tours have some very nice features that the entegra anthem does not ( at a 90k list difference) I will miss some of those features
I can understand your frustration with Winnebago. My 2013 Winnebago had slide issues and many other obvious quality defects. Loose screws, crooked screws, wiring not connected from the factory, kinked water lines, level sensors delaminating from the tanks, failed transfer switch, generator auto start issues, paint, reversed black and gray valve indicators, general lack of attention to detail and quality control. Similar to a 70's or 80's automobile. Actually ruined our cross country trip for our sons wedding. Had to buy plane tickets at the last minute (and pet sitter) after planning the trip for a year.

I still believe Winnebago has some of the best wiring systems, body framework, etc., and some of their designs look to be the best in class, at least at comparable price points.

Just very disappointing that I have never rec'd any communication acknowledging any of these issues despite contacting Winnebago. The dealer, General RV in Wixom, was very helpful and accommodating fixing my coach, but with this number of issues, it took all summer to make it trustworthy enough to travel.

I do not regret buying a Winnebago, just expected better quality control and a more folksy approach in customer service, at least based on their advertising.

khogle2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 03:50 PM   #19
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeTheUSA View Post
In all fairness, Tom, you may have told the truth, but seemingly not the whole truth.

Good luck with your new rig.
Your comment to Tom seems a bit harsh.

I have been reading quality control and service related POOR conditions since I joined this forum. I have had my share of them with both of my Winnebago products.

Service is always an issue in or out of warranty. We are all targets. And we all get hit. Tom's story is way to familiar.
Old 02-02-2014, 04:45 PM   #20
Winnebago Master

I've had nothing but good luck and good service from Winnibago. Quite a few items were taken care of after mine was out of warranty such as 2 failures of the Lippert slide mechanism. It's good to be a satisfied customer.

Tags
winnebago, service