Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-06-2014, 06:32 PM   #101
Winnebago Camper

Send a message via AIM to gordons1
This story relates to a new 2013 Winnebago Tour I purchased in April of 2013 from Lazydays.

When the Auto Gen Start was set and the voltage level dropped to 12.2 volts, the generator would not turn on. It took 3 months to get replacement AGM/NAPA batteries handled with Camping World (who did their best) and NAPA. Finally, a VP of Winnebago got involved and the 6 NAPA batteries were replaced - the coach was in camping world for 3 months. Winnebago extended the warranty for 90 days but would not give me a one year warranty on new batteries. Now the 2nd set will not start with the Auto Gen unit. So I am driving to Forrest City in another week.
gordons1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 07:11 PM   #102
Winnebago Owner

I shared this fix on another thread. The hot wire from the battery to the gen needs to be replaced with a heavier wire. When voltage is low the autogen will not work . Issue was the coach is plugged in ..batteries charged prior to testing so auto start works great for forest city. I unplugged coach night before, when tech arrived in the am, he tested it...yup no auto start. They replaced wire...working fine now.
ditto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 06:45 AM   #103
Winnebago Master

I am under the impression that this is a known problem now. The size of the wire for the length was the problem and, once identified, accepted by Winnebago and corrected. When I was at the factory a 1 1/2 ago they were doing the wire upgrade on a Tour. I can't imagine that this would not be fixed for free by the factory. Camping Word and the other major dealers might ignore this fix because of the time and expense involved. I think the cable was 2/0 and now they use 4/0. J have never had that problem on this coach. I hope Gordons1 is treated well. (Maybe it's time for you to update your irv2 profile? Tiffin??)

Tags
winnebago, service