Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-20-2006, 04:07 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

A little recap. Purchased my 06 Vectra in early July. Absolutely love the rig, it has far exceeded my expectations. But like most new RV's there have been some teething pains. Seems like the theme of my issues have been leaks. Have had numerous water leaks on the pressure side, drain side, in and around the bedroom slide, shower and a oil cooler leak.

It was a little frustrating at times, as one leak was fixed another would popped up. But over time we got most of them taken care of.

We have had a few other problems, but nothing that has stopped us from using the rig while they where being worked out. But my biggest disappoint has come from the dealer. They have absolutely dropped the ball in every way in their service department. They wasted my time with 8 hours of travel time and not completing work, shoddy workmanship on what they tried to do and lies about why they couldn't do what they where suppose to do.

So I have been very frustrated of late because I am down to the last few issues and there is no way I am going back to the dealer I bought this thing from.

Also my final issues which are the bedroom slide leak, the over the bed cabinets have major mold issues, the ceiling of slide probably needs to be replaced, the slide itself looks like it may need to be adjusted and my satellite system has never worked.

Problems that I was thinking I would try to tackle myself, but really thought they needed professional attention.

Well I finally shot off a email to Bryan Funke with Winnebago Customer Service and with in one day all my problems where resolved. Brian got with the regional service rep who recommended a repair facility that turns out to be 10 minutes from my office. How I missed these guys I have no idea, it turns out they do major RV reconstruction so they can tackle any job and come highly recommended. And Bryan outlined a plan of action, even thinking ahead to get the cabinets built before the holidays start to come into play.

Amazing! I could kick myself for not getting with them sooner. I am definitely feeling better about things and really look forward to getting the rig 100% and putting many more miles on it next season.
Old 10-20-2006, 04:07 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

A little recap. Purchased my 06 Vectra in early July. Absolutely love the rig, it has far exceeded my expectations. But like most new RV's there have been some teething pains. Seems like the theme of my issues have been leaks. Have had numerous water leaks on the pressure side, drain side, in and around the bedroom slide, shower and a oil cooler leak.

It was a little frustrating at times, as one leak was fixed another would popped up. But over time we got most of them taken care of.

We have had a few other problems, but nothing that has stopped us from using the rig while they where being worked out. But my biggest disappoint has come from the dealer. They have absolutely dropped the ball in every way in their service department. They wasted my time with 8 hours of travel time and not completing work, shoddy workmanship on what they tried to do and lies about why they couldn't do what they where suppose to do.

So I have been very frustrated of late because I am down to the last few issues and there is no way I am going back to the dealer I bought this thing from.

Also my final issues which are the bedroom slide leak, the over the bed cabinets have major mold issues, the ceiling of slide probably needs to be replaced, the slide itself looks like it may need to be adjusted and my satellite system has never worked.

Problems that I was thinking I would try to tackle myself, but really thought they needed professional attention.

Well I finally shot off a email to Bryan Funke with Winnebago Customer Service and with in one day all my problems where resolved. Brian got with the regional service rep who recommended a repair facility that turns out to be 10 minutes from my office. How I missed these guys I have no idea, it turns out they do major RV reconstruction so they can tackle any job and come highly recommended. And Bryan outlined a plan of action, even thinking ahead to get the cabinets built before the holidays start to come into play.

Amazing! I could kick myself for not getting with them sooner. I am definitely feeling better about things and really look forward to getting the rig 100% and putting many more miles on it next season.
Old 10-20-2006, 04:13 PM   #3
Administrator Emeritus

Good news Bill....
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 06:32 PM   #4

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Warpath:
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow! You are ONE PATIENT MAN!!!
FrontRangeRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 03:45 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Money paid vs defects and repairs! Winnebago loves you. I can not understand why most on this forum expects their winnebago to have "teething problems". M/Hs are not that complicated as most make them out to be. Electrical system, a water system on a manufactured chassis. Its the system putting it to gether. "Just gettem out we'll fix it under warranty.
Old 10-21-2006, 03:47 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

Bill: Congratulations on finding a reputable repair facility. Having a problem is not too bad, fixing it is another matter.
The customer service department at Winnie does a great job and has helped me with problems too!

Ron, every manufacturer of a MOHO has some inital problems. Some worse than others. Winnie is no exception, it just builds more MOHO than others. Its not that we Winnie owners like the problems its just better to go into a relationship with the eyes wide open than half closed..Service at many dealerships is horrendous and having the problem attended to in a professional competant manner is sometimes next to impossible and we really appreciate it when someone steps up to the plate and helps us out.
Motorhomes may not be as complicated as some
make them out to be, but just remember all the systems shake, rattle and roll at 65 mph and more. Good miles
ichn2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 06:10 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Well said ichn2go

Let's face it zipping down the road at 55+ is hard on even the best built vehicle.
Savannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 10:03 AM   #8
Winnebago Master

Warpath: Glad to hear things are working out. Your patience is paying off. Proof once again that honey attracts more flies than vinegar.
Had you lost your patience (and you probably had every right to) I doubt the outcome would have been the same. It's good to hear that reasonable people can come to reasonable solutions.
Old 10-21-2006, 04:03 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Believe me I never expected issues, and I will be honest a few of the leaks really where ridiculous and someone in the plumbing department needs some training.

But it is a fact of RV'ing that you are going to have them and I really appreciate the fact that Winnebago is so accommodating in gettin
Old 10-22-2006, 10:38 AM   #10
Winnebago Owner

What repair facility did they recommend?

Nick, Journey '01
Old 10-24-2006, 08:35 AM   #11
Winnebago Camper

Ruff's RV
Old 10-24-2006, 08:44 AM   #12
Winnie-Wise

Bill, I can personally attest to the integrity and good service you should get from Ruff's RV. Rick Stohlman is their service manager; -he's always made time to "go beyond regular service" and delight the customer.

(ps- you're certainly not the first to complain about Avalon's service).