Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-30-2014, 07:42 AM   #61
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by rream View Post
A piece of plastic 9 years ago, how is the MH other than that ?
chuckle.. that's what I was thinking also. Also, I think that I could have removed the plastic piece myself.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_5993.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	262.2 KB
ID:	59485  
aauummm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 07:42 AM   #62
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by rream View Post
Not true we have had no issues to speak of, - we got and get excellent support from Winnebago - where does all this Winnebago bashing come from.

[moderator edit]
I am not trying to argue with you or bash Winnebago because I am a hate monger.

I have been on this forum just a short time. In this time I have read several times where the service center has failed to address the owners problem in a way that reflects the long standing GOOD reputation of this company. I volunteered with a couple who had a brand new Adventure. The problems they were having were severe. When they tried to get assistance from the help line, after being totally frustrated with the lack of help from the dealer, they were even more discouraged. They were a long way from home and Forest City.

I read on this forum, several months ago, of a Tour deal walked away from because the build quality was so poor and Winnebago would not make it right.

As a moderator you have loyalty to Winnebago. I respectfully ask you to please do not be blinded by your valued position. You will do Winnebago industries more good by reporting the 'bad' to the proper authorities.

I had the bottoms of two cabinets come apart and drop some. I did get a very positive call from a customer service rep for the first one. But the second on was a different story. I wrote to the company and explained my observations of failing quality issues. I received a reply back from the service manager. He has nothing to do with quality control, does he? NO. That is found on the assembly floor.

What I am saying, and I am certain many others will be in agreement, is that most of the issues with the coaches would never be if the units were built with the old standard of excellence. It seems that the new coaches are being built by folks who either don't care or don't have time to care about the quality of their workmanship.

My DW and I love the features of this new to us coach. I hunted a year to find this floor plan. As great as the electrical system is, the residential frig, the cabin layout and storage availability, much is lacking in the way of quality control. I did not mention above the cabinet over the J couch that sagged from the ceiling and I had to reattach it. I am hoping it will now stay in place. It is not attached to the wall on the side because the cabinet does not go to the wall!(??) This is just one of many such issues that I have not seen in Winnebago products. And issues of poor quality build are across all product lines from what I am reading.

Please, once again, know that I am not against Winnebago. Quite the opposite. I am hoping that the Winnebago management team will find out what is going wrong and correct it before the company develops a permanent 'don't care' attitude.

Best wishes to you and Winnebago.

Rick

PS: Any work I have had at the Forest City service center has been great. But, all of the new Tours that were in for repairs brings me back to my original point: QUALITY CONTROL.
Old 03-30-2014, 07:46 AM   #63
Winnie-Wise

rream is not a moderator: iRV2 Forums - Show Groups
aauummm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 09:07 AM   #64
Winnie-Wise

The " [moderator edit] " at the bottom of the post by rream indicates that one of the mods has removed a portion of the original content he posted.
Old 03-30-2014, 09:58 AM   #65
Winnebago Camper

Everything I wrote is 100% true. If your in the Las Vegas area come see me I will be glad to show you, matter of fact I have PLENTY of photos.....Wiinnebago Quality SUCKS the only thing that sucks worse is their customer service. The local dealer (Findlay RV failed to catch anything on the pre delivery inspection, how do I know? when we hooked it up to water the next morning we had a water leak under the trailer, took me 2 days to find out they FAILED to tighten the connections under the sink, I took 2 full turns on one to get it tight....hence the water damage to the wood....
GW1115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 10:01 AM   #66
Winnebago Camper

and just point of clarification here, we have a 31BHDS its a towable, separate factory from the motorhomes
Old 03-30-2014, 11:28 AM   #67
TAN
Winnebago Owner

We had stress crackes in the front bumper. Winnibago could not of cared less. I ended up paying $2200.00 to have them fixed, Winnibago payed me $300.00. The 1/6" X 1" strip that was under the slide that cost me $150.00 to have removed at a winy dealer was in to tight of a place for me to get at. So I could not remove it myself. The dealer that charged me $150.00 only removed a small pice of the strip so when it started to stick out again I had my 8 year old Grand Son remove the rest of it and he did not charge me.
Old 03-31-2014, 05:51 AM   #68
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by aauummm View Post
rream is not a moderator: iRV2 Forums - Show Groups
Thanks for the correction. I have two strikes against me: dyslexia and early morning. I missed the "edit". I have no idea what this guy tried to bash me with but, thanks for the edit. My reply stands as is except to the author of the post I am replying to.
Old 03-31-2014, 08:49 AM   #69
Winnie-Wise

Not trying to bash anyone just saying not all of us have problems.

Interesting the latest post was the new RV in the Winnebago line not a motor home made in Iowa and every one assumed it was a MH
rream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 03:13 PM   #70
Winnebago Owner

Wow, I just can't believe the direction this thread has taken. I thought, as RVers we all supported each other.

To the folks that have had a good experience with their new Winnebago Motorhome, a good dealer experience and a good Winnebago customer service experience, we are happy for you and just a bit jealous. It is experiences such as yours that sealed the deal on our Winnebago. We wish we could say the same. We wish there were more experiences like yours and we wish we were one of you.

Sadly, not all of us have been as fortunate. We live 2000 miles from the factory, so getting service there is not an option. We have a punch list that is 65 items long. We are on our 26th month of ownership and the coach has been in the shop more than 225 days. There are some things Winnebago has given up on fixing at all, many things have taken more than a year and 8+ attempts. After 14 months and help from our dealers service dept. we were fortunate to connect with a factory rep that cared and helped us get most stuff done within the following year. Sadly for us he retired before everything was done and we've not found anyone at Winnebago that is interested in seeing our issues completed. Luckily enough, with a new service manager at the dealership and a long relationship with many of the folks there, we think we may finally have the last item completed, with the exception of the things Winnebago has given up on. None of this is exaggerated, we have all of the records. It has made ownership of our first new Motorhome a major frustration, killing all of the joy we had signing the papers. We've learned a lot.

We believe issues are to be expected in a new house/truck. Too many indicates a problem somewhere at sometime, we thought maybe our coach was built on a Friday. We also believe it makes a great deal of difference who you connect with service wise. People make a difference.

Is Winnebago as bad as our experience would indicate? Are they as good as folks with good experiences would indicate? The truth is probably somewhere in the middle. And are probably not alone in the industry.
ChileRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 03:41 PM   #71
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerichorick View Post
Thanks for the correction. I have two strikes against me: dyslexia and early morning........ My reply stands as is except to the author of the post I am replying to.
REALLY? So you ARE a hate monger????

You posted "I am not trying to argue with you or bash Winnebago because I am a hate monger. "
Old 03-31-2014, 03:49 PM   #72
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChileRick View Post
Wow, I just can't believe the direction this thread has taken. I thought, as RVers we all supported each other.

To the folks that have had a good experience with their new Winnebago Motorhome, a good dealer experience and a good Winnebago customer service experience, we are happy for you and just a bit jealous. It is experiences such as yours that sealed the deal on our Winnebago. We wish we could say the same. We wish there were more experiences like yours and we wish we were one of you.

Sadly, not all of us have been as fortunate. We live 2000 miles from the factory, so getting service there is not an option. We have a punch list that is 65 items long. We are on our 26th month of ownership and the coach has been in the shop more than 225 days. There are some things Winnebago has given up on fixing at all, many things have taken more than a year and 8+ attempts. After 14 months and help from our dealers service dept. we were fortunate to connect with a factory rep that cared and helped us get most stuff done within the following year. Sadly for us he retired before everything was done and we've not found anyone at Winnebago that is interested in seeing our issues completed. Luckily enough, with a new service manager at the dealership and a long relationship with many of the folks there, we think we may finally have the last item completed, with the exception of the things Winnebago has given up on. None of this is exaggerated, we have all of the records. It has made ownership of our first new Motorhome a major frustration, killing all of the joy we had signing the papers. We've learned a lot.

We believe issues are to be expected in a new house/truck. Too many indicates a problem somewhere at sometime, we thought maybe our coach was built on a Friday. We also believe it makes a great deal of difference who you connect with service wise. People make a difference.

Is Winnebago as bad as our experience would indicate? Are they as good as folks with good experiences would indicate? The truth is probably somewhere in the middle. And are probably not alone in the industry.
THANK YOU for a reasonable and well thought out summary post. Sorry yours has spent that much time in the shop. Not sure I could be as "level-headed" as you seem to be. I agree that personal interaction is key to resolving many issues, and I suspect that "sometimes" owners take an all-to-aggressive approach when trying to get problems resolved, and forget that old saying about honey catching more flies than vinegar. Asking for help is usually more productive than demanding it, IMO.
Old 04-01-2014, 03:46 PM   #73
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgray View Post
THANK YOU for a reasonable and well thought out summary post. Sorry yours has spent that much time in the shop. Not sure I could be as "level-headed" as you seem to be. I agree that personal interaction is key to resolving many issues, and I suspect that "sometimes" owners take an all-to-aggressive approach when trying to get problems resolved, and forget that old saying about honey catching more flies than vinegar. Asking for help is usually more productive than demanding it, IMO.
X2. We all have problems from time to time. For those who drive off the lot with all issues resolved, great for you. For those with poor customer support from the dealer, how sad that this happens too often. For those who have tried to get Winnebago involved and have been unsuccessful, I truly feel bad for you. I have contacted them with several issues concerning this USED motor home and have had, for the most part, great responses and even phone followups.

What concerns me about this discussion is that it has a bases for real world concerns. Over all, the economy is suffering and this WILL have an effect on most products. In this forum and in this thread we have the opportunity to vent and to seek out others with similar problems. That is what is great, but can be frustrating at the same time, with this arena.

In other areas of IRV2 I have seen some real problems solved that were created by longevity and attrition of whatever failed. I thank each and every one of the contributors, no mater the type of RV or problem addressed, for being there to help a unseen friend in need. It is this attitude that make America and true Americans GREAT! Keep up the good work.

Rick
Old 04-01-2014, 05:23 PM   #74
Winnebago Owner

In motorhoming, as in life, if we adjust our expectations, we have a better chance at happiness. My 2014 View is Great!, but,not perfect. I ordered from a dealer in Iowa, I live in Florida. I chose to follow the best price-and hope that the coach was acceptable-knowing I would do the adjustments myself, realizing that the warranty was only for 12 months anyway All that worked out-
The more adjusting and repairing we do ourselves-House, Car, Boat, Motorhome, lawnmower, etc- The happier we will be. OR- find the legit guy to pay-outside a Dealer's facility. The dealers are not willing to pay for the best repairman-they try to get by with less.
Deny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 05:44 AM   #75
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deny View Post
The dealers are not willing to pay for the best repairman-they try to get by with less.
How true. The advertizing would have us believe otherwise but the proof is in the pudding. In general we have witnessed our society taking the dumb down, accommodate the lowest level of ability, approach from our education to our emergency/civil government positions. Why should service businesses be excluded?

I must say that it is refreshing to find that occasional RV dealer tech who is knowledgeable and willing. What is strange is that they are often the least expensive dealer service center around. Rare but well appreciated.

I am happy for you that your Vista problems are not beyond reason. Reading many of the posts in this forum, possible fixes are rendered impossible by the dealer who acts poorly in the way they approach the problem resolution.

I, too, find doing as much as I am capable of around the coach keeps me calmer and my DW happier. I still shutter at the thought of bringing the coach to a dealer for something I can't fix. Fortunately this has not been more than I can tolerate. My trails are fairly happy ones. I wish the same for all.

Rick
Old 04-02-2014, 05:04 PM   #76
Winnebago Camper

Follow up

so the dealer (Findlay RV, Las Vegas) took our unit in yesterday and fixed almost everything that was wrong, one was wrong part and the other was something that just became an issue in the past week and they did not have the part yet.
They kinked the hot water line to the sink so no hot water today, I called the service Mgr and he is sending his guy by on the way home to fix it.
Kurt, the service manager is top notch and knows what customer service really is and that is rare.
The GM and sales at Findlay are a different story. I questioned the ladder and electric level system we were supposed to get but did not. I asked them what their position was on the items ( to be clear, this is dealer issue not a factory issue) The sales dept cant produce the list of options they supposedly went over with us....they have been searching for it for a couple months.......anyway the GM calls says they are going to put the ladder on and fix the last few issues then REFUSE to service my brand new 2014 unit I purchased from them with green cash money!

So recap:

bunch of problems due to poor quality control at factory

Winnebago factory sends part to dealer to fix, it just took a LOOOONG time.

service dept fixes problems does good fast work

they will fix the last few issues and install ladder in the coming weeks

we question the ladder and electric level system

dealer says they will install ladder and never service our unit again......

good news, we are only in the area a few more weeks then we head home to N Calif so I will never have to deal with them anyway........
Old 04-03-2014, 12:03 PM   #77
Winnie-Wise

The few times we had parts ordered fromWB it did take what we thought was too long, don't know if that was a dealer problem of WB...
When the infamous cabinet fascias started, it took WB about a month to ship the cabinet parts to the CW in El Paso but then WB was replacing a lot of cabinets at that time. CW installed them in the allotted time and tech did a very good job...and we did not buy from them and was never asked that either..
Old 04-03-2014, 12:54 PM   #78
Winnebago Owner

Wow, I just posted on the other thread about happy Winnebago products ownership. We've had ours ten years and it has never been back to the dealer after the first warranty checklist. Most all deficiencies I repaired myself, including some cabinetry trim, slide and door adjustments and plumbing assembly errors.

From way back ten years ago I said then and still do that Winnebago makes and buys very good components to build a motorhome, then employ monkeys to assemble them. Stuff just doesn't fit right. I spent several hours under my unit with a pack of zipties and tidied up all the wiring harnesses - there were tons of loops of wires just hanging down. The hydraulic jacks had metal shavings in the solonoid valves - I cleaned them out several times and no problems since. The black tank flush had an anti-siphon valve installed backwards so water wouldn't enter. There was tons of stuff like this.

IMO if you're not a DIY'r and have to rely on someone else to fix stuff you are not likely to be happy. The competence level of dealer repair staff is likely even less than the assemblers at the factory. I feel sorry for people that have these punch-lists that just never get resolved.

Now, as of late, I can tell you there are a LOT of Tour/Eclipse owners that are not happy. My sister and b-in-law bought a new 40 in '11, traded it for a 42 in '12, and had so many problems with it they traded it off 3 months ago for a Entegra Cornerstone. My b-in-law makes a point of asking Tour owners at the various RV parks they stay at about whether they have problems with their unit. One guy said if he knew where the president of Winnebago Industries lived he would park his coach on his lawn and leave it there. Not one that he has spoken to has said their unit was trouble-free or even repaired to satisfaction. There are underlying design and assembly issues that are not likely to be resolved. Winnebago designed and built a coach at too low of a price point to be able to make them reliable. There are just a lot of issues with them. So I applaud OP for just taking his losses and moving on. In the end I suspect he'll be a lot happier.

Now spending a half-million with a relatively obscure manufacturer does have it's downfalls as well, like a virtually non-existent dealer network, and unavailability of parts and service. So sis has a coach that needs some warranty work done and there are like three dealers on the entire west coast. If you want to buy one of those motorhomes you have to order it and wait for 6 months for it to be built.

I generally like Winnebago as a product but a few of the posters here have experienced what happens when you have a huge volume of manufacturing output at relatively low prices, and a dealer network that may or many not be able to support the product after the sale. I really feel bad for some of the folks that will probably never get satisfaction.
CJBROWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 11:56 PM   #79
Winnebago Watcher

jerichorick, not sure where you got the info that fleetwood has big customer service problems. Take a stroll over to the fleetwood forum and read about the customer satisfaction. I haven't heard a bad thing in the last year. My new coach had a few problems as any coach will and I can honestly say that fleetwood has some of the best customer service I have ever experienced in any industry. My coach is also head and shoulders above any previous coach I have owned as far as build quality and this is my fourth (all different brands). I will buy another fleetwood. I urge you to take a peak at what people are saying.
Old 04-04-2014, 04:56 AM   #80
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojoracing View Post
jerichorick, not sure where you got the info that fleetwood has big customer service problems. Take a stroll over to the fleetwood forum and read about the customer satisfaction. I haven't heard a bad thing in the last year. My new coach had a few problems as any coach will and I can honestly say that fleetwood has some of the best customer service I have ever experienced in any industry. My coach is also head and shoulders above any previous coach I have owned as far as build quality and this is my fourth (all different brands). I will buy another fleetwood. I urge you to take a peak at what people are saying.
I agree. In my five years of Fleetwood ownership , their customer service was outstanding the few times I contacted them. My build issues were minimal .

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winnebago, service