Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-16-2007, 09:30 AM   #21
Winnebago Camper

Glad to hear you got ahead of this problem. I don't know if I would have had the patience. As for the water shut off I don't know about yours but mine has a shut off under the kitchen sink behind the drain pipes. If the dealer hadn't shown it to me we never would have found it. The logical place to put it was behind the fridg but that would be to easy.
Ace
d.duin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 12:41 PM   #22
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by d.duin:
As for the water shut off I don't know about yours but mine has a shut off under the kitchen sink behind the drain pipes. If the dealer hadn't shown it to me we never would have found it. The logical place to put it was behind the fridg but that would be to easy.
Ace </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The logical place to put the ice maker water shutoff is under the sink. This is where the ice maker water line tees into another line. Placing it here allows you to shut off the complete line to the ice maker. If the shut off was placed behind the fridge and you had a leak between the undersink tee and the shutoff behind the fridge you have to trace back and shut the complete water line off to the sink.

Water shut offs should always be place as close to the source tee as practical.

But you can always place a shut off behind the fidge and you'd have two places to shut off the ice maker water supply.

-Tom
Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 09:36 PM   #23
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom N View Post
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by d.duin:
As for the water shut off I don't know about yours but mine has a shut off under the kitchen sink behind the drain pipes. If the dealer hadn't shown it to me we never would have found it. The logical place to put it was behind the fridg but that would be to easy.
Ace </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The logical place to put the ice maker water shutoff is under the sink. This is where the ice maker water line tees into another line. Placing it here allows you to shut off the complete line to the ice maker. If the shut off was placed behind the fridge and you had a leak between the undersink tee and the shutoff behind the fridge you have to trace back and shut the complete water line off to the sink.

Water shut offs should always be place as close to the source tee as practical.

But you can always place a shut off behind the fidge and you'd have two places to shut off the ice maker water supply.

-Tom
I thought the reason for the shut off under the sing is because the ice maker water supply is going through the water filter under the sink.