Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-28-2007, 08:26 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Our floorplan has the sliding pantry beside the fridge. Something is binding up and won't let the pantry slide back in. I put allot of heavy canned goods in the pantry before I learned better. Could have bent something. Anyone else had this problem and know a fix?
Old 09-28-2007, 08:26 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Our floorplan has the sliding pantry beside the fridge. Something is binding up and won't let the pantry slide back in. I put allot of heavy canned goods in the pantry before I learned better. Could have bent something. Anyone else had this problem and know a fix?
Old 09-28-2007, 11:08 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

Are you sure that something didn't bounce out of the pantry and wedged between the slide and the wall? That happened to us a couple of times when my driving got a little wild...
tomsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 12:02 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Nope not that tomsm. You can lift up on the bottom of the front door, and it will go on in. Must be in the slider hardware.
Old 09-28-2007, 12:11 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Everything I have read about fixing the pantry door, tells me it is a pain to get to..Do a search and you might find some info.. Good Luck
ichn2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 01:32 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

I have a meridian and had pantry issues last weekend. Found that that pantry sliders were only held up with staples. Great design.. Had screws thru the sliders into a strip of plywood but the screws didnt go thru to hold to side wood.. Took out the short screws and put in longer ones. Its back in and works. Time will tell if that is the correct fix.. Yours may have same issue
cmaserv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 03:51 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

I will try that cmaserv. Thx for the info.
Old 09-28-2007, 06:02 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

cmaserv ...

Question 1)

did you have to remove the pantry to do this replacement?

Question 2)

did you have to put in some sort of "backing" to have something for the screws to hold onto

I don't have a problem at the present time but I am trying to be prepared ...
skigramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 06:22 PM   #9
Winnebago Master

cmaserv - I have a 2004 Meridian with no problems yet with the pantry but always looking to improve the sorry construction of Winnebago. Can you expand on where the staples are and where you replaced the longer screws? It looks like the part of the slider fastened to the back side of the pantry has little screws in it but can't tell what they screw into. Also cannot tell what holds the other half of the slider to the framework that backs up to the shower. What does it take to completely remove the pantry?
Also, has anyone ever asked Winnebago just how many pounds the pantry is designed to hold? Can it be filled with canned goods or is it limited to little boxes of cake mixes and other dry mixes?
Our closet rod fell down the first trip we took in the new coach dumping all our clothes on the floor of the closet in a rumpled pile, screws just pulled out of the thin plywood sides of the closet. Had to go to hardware store and buy 2 expandable shower rods to support the closet rod and haven't had any problems since. Can't believe the number of things Winnebago has in their coaches that are nice to look at but almost impractible to use.
Thanks for any help cmaserv!!
Wagonmaster2
2004 Meridian 36G
wagonmaster2 is offline   Reply With Quote