Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Welcome Mat
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-26-2023, 10:05 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

New Micro Minnie FLX Warranty

[Hi we bought a new Micro Minnie FLX in May , by June while travelling thousands of miles from home the inverter started shutting down. After many talks with the engineer it was discovered the inverter was installed upside down causing it to overheat and shutdown. After changing our travel plans and staying at hookups we finished our trip. The trailer has now spent a month in the dealer shop. It was discovered that the problem damaged the battery, and the low voltage from that also damaged the slide motors and of course i need a new inverter. My question is how do I get Winnebago to honor its warranty and authorize the repairs? Shop has heard nothing back from Winnebago. Do I just start calling customer service daily hoping they will eventually do the right thing? Or does anyone have a contact to help expedite this?
Thanks
Drew
Drew F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2023, 10:34 PM   #2
Site Team

Hi Drew,
Creativepart has mentioned that calling Towables Customer Care at (574) 825-8052 would be the most helpful. Is that whom you have been calling?
Welcome to the forum.
Eagle5
Old 07-26-2023, 10:39 PM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Thank Eagle 5. I have had numerous calls with them and a engineer from Lithionics. None since taking in to the dealer. I assumed they would take care of everything. That's what I'm wondering, should I start calling again since it's in a dealers shop.
Drew F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2023, 10:52 PM   #4
Site Team

Hi again Drew,
If it were me, I would ask the dealer if it would help expedite things if you were to call Towables Customer Care on the Dealer's behalf. Soft shoe both the dealer, and then Towables Customer Care. A softly spoken word will get the best results.
I hope you can get this fixed quickly.
Eagle5
Old 07-27-2023, 09:17 AM   #5
Site Team

This is a fairly common refrain - RV at the dealer for repair for months, dealer says they haven't heard anything from Winnebago.

While I'm confident that happens sometimes, I have a feeling that the dealer is just covering up. Either they haven't done anything or done much at all to get a response from Winnebago. They don't make much money on warranty claims and they're busy doing overpriced repairs on other RVs. So, just tell the owner we're waiting on Winnebago.

We have no one other than Towables Customer Care to refer you to. First, we have no official contact with Winnebago and second, the Towables division in Indiana is so separate and different than the motorhome and Corp offices in Iowa.

The only answer is for you to start ratcheting up the complaints to both the dealer and Winnebago. It's a horrible situation and you deserve so much better. But that's about all you can do.

Perhaps telling everyone you're going to complain to the state's Atty General?

Calls to both Lithionics Customer Service and Xantrax Tech Support might help as well.

We get it, you have a life to live, you can't spend day after day complaining. But that is what this will take. Towables Customer Care is whom I would concentrate on the most. Be a very squeaky wheel. Ask for supervisors, ask for answers, ask for proof from the dealer that it is Winnebago that is the hold up. Be nice, but firm and demanding and persistent.

PLEASE do us a favor and keep us in the loop about how this is going. The more we know from your experience the more we can help others.

I keep trying to get a contact at Winnebago myself to help in these matters. But I've had no luck.