Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Welcome Mat
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-26-2023, 10:37 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

2019 Vista 27PE - Lithium Upgrade, Lots of questions

Hello fellow Winnebago owners. I have had my rig for about a year and a half and am slowly making her a stellar machine. Started with overall maintenance, installed substantially upgraded suspension, and cold air intake (Banks) exhaust soon to follow (WHAT A DIFFERENCE). Now working to making her an efficient BoonDocker. This is where my questions begin with few answers and constant confusion. Please, if possible, point me to a thread that will assist me in step-by-step upgrades starting with LIFEPO4 batteries and all of the accoutrement. Wiring diagrams utilizing an upgraded controller / charger, with whole house service utilizing as much of the existing wiring as possible. I have upgraded the inverter but having a quality diagram specifically to my rig would be so helpful. Thanks to all of you that take the time to read my post and especially to those of you who reply.
happy to be here,
Terlingua55
Terlingua55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2023, 10:49 AM   #2
Site Team

I think that you'll not find any kind of 2019 Vista 27PE-specific diagrams, plans and how tos.

Each person is pretty much on their own because of the subtle differences between everyone's specific RV.

When I made my conversion in 2022 for my 2017 Adventurer I found great general info... mostly at www.irv2.com but no specific Adventurer info. Certainly not for my model year.

I posted a number of diagrams... all of them turned out to be incorrect until I stumbled on the correct way - for me - to complete the project.

There are dozens of general Lithium upgrade posts on irv2.com and videos on YouTube to get you started.

Best of luck in your project. It's not that difficult but it does require ton's of research on your part and a complete understanding of the electrical system of your motorhome.

Here's a link to your 2019 Vista 27PE wiring diagrams - there are two versions based on your serial number:

29VE (Serial Number begins with 10E40Y1)
https://www.winnebago.com/Files/File...e29ve_wire.htm

29VE (Serial Number begins with 10E40Y2)
https://www.winnebago.com/Files/File...e29ve_wire.htm
Old 07-26-2023, 03:59 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

I would also not expect to find a specific wiring diagram as you will have several points where you will need to choose equipment and that likely means different brands for different users!
What parts are used and where they may fit best in each RV will change a number of things you will need.
Step one might be how many and which batteries are used as different numbers will often dictate putting them in different locations and that also may change on different RV as the open spaces will vary.
How long to boondock at what price and how to recharge, may be a basic starting point?
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2023, 04:15 PM   #4
Site Team

Hi Terlingua55,
I also see this eight-month old thread on a similar topic with a 2019 Sunstar LX 35F:
Magnum MS2012 LifePO4 upgrade
Looks like some good information in there too.
Welcome to the forum.
Eagle5
Old 07-27-2023, 08:05 AM   #5
Winnebago Watcher

Thank you all for the great advice. I will continue my research and I am sure through multiple drafts, and queries to this forum I will eventually find the best possible design for my needs. As money is always an issue and my intent was to perform this upgrade in steps, I have decided to postpone this modification until I can fulfill all steps as a single upgrade option that will include a complete solar, and battery power boon docking solution. Since our next major trip across the country is primarily stopping at RV resorts with full hook ups, I have decided to work on power with the funds I have available for my upgrade.

That brings up a new question to this forum, and that is my interest in installing the Banks cold air intake and the complete Banks exhaust. `i have what seems to be a reasonable quote, and I have read several articles touting great results from this upgrade. Simply, do any of the posters on this site have any opinions of the Banks systems on the F53 6.8 Triton V10. Thanks again for all of your advice.
Terlingua55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2023, 09:22 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

Just as a suggested idea?
I find it may help get better results if you post the Banks question as a seperate post due to the way folks tend to think!
When scrolling, i often look in on a subject and then if I feel I have no info, I will skip that post in any future looks!
So if I looked into thoughts on electrical, I may not be inclined to look again when the subject changes to Banks.
I find we get lots of different folks with lots of different talents, so a direct post on Banks will get the attention of a different group?

Enjoy!
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2023, 09:33 AM   #7
Site Team

Richard is correct... it's always best to start a totally new thread when you have a totally new question.

As an FYI, I don't see much talk about the Banks system here. Most folks spend thousands on suspension improvements - not engine mods.

Have you also tried the F53 Chassis forum on IRV2 - lots more people with a wider range of experiences. Here's a link:

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f23/

Tags
upgrade