Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Welcome Mat
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-26-2022, 09:31 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

New Micro Minnie FLX 2108ds owner

Just wanted to introduce myself as a new Micro Minnie Flx owner. My name is Ron and we (wife - Leya) named our coach The Zen Den. I look forward to reading other owners travel and rv stories and hope I can contribute to the community. Thanks for reading!
Eddymob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 09:18 PM   #2
Site Team

Hi Ron & Leya,
Very nice floor plan on the 2108DS. I can see why you call it a Zen Den.
Welcome to the forum.
Eagle5
Old 07-28-2022, 06:55 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Welcome Ron and Leya,
You are surely going to enjoy some adventures with your new 2108ds.
We’ve gone over 12,000 miles in ours, and found it to be the perfect rv for us. We’re, of course envious we don’t have a FLX, but our many upgrades get us close to being FLX sans the Truma gear. Happy trails. Lotsa 2108 owners on the forum if you ever need some help.
Old 08-16-2022, 10:00 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

My wife Debra and I (Rick) are about to purchase a 2022 2108DS FLX and would like some input on what a fair - good price would be to purchase one. It has the three ACE packages (Adventure, Convenience, Efficiency) with a MSRP in the mid $60K level. Local dealer is a couple of thousand above others, but said they would not service our TT if we did not buy from them. Would like to spend local, but saving several thou is hard to pass up. What do you think?
rickanddeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2022, 11:12 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Hi Rick and Debb,
I saved more than $5,000 by driving to Indiana for a 30% off deal. If you’re only saving $2,000, I’d really give it a good think to avail yourself of local warranty service. In real life, we’ve never needed to file a warranty claim. I’ve been able to DIY fix all the problems we had after bringing it home. Besides, even if you have a local dealer, no telling when they’ll be able to “fit you in”. You could wind up waiting months, as many on this forum have reported. So it boils down to how much cash out of pocket you’re willing to spend for local service. Maybe we just got lucky, but I’m pretty happy I drove that 500 miles to buy our 2108ds.

Before Covid, when dealer inventories were full, a really good deal for a travel trailer was 30% off MSRP. During Covid, with dealer inventories very low, dealers would hardly discount at all. Today, you can tell by just driving around the dealer inventories are jam packed again. And Winnebago has announced layoffs and production line shut downs starting this month. This would lead me to believe that you can again land a 30% off deal if you’re patient, and willing to drive a few hours.
Old 08-16-2022, 12:00 PM   #6
Winnebago Watcher

We've done both - went an extra 100 miles to save $5K with another trailer and bought this one from the local dealer to establish a relationship. I have found that the threat of losing my trailer for months while they fix a problem is motivation enough for me to do any repairs myself. We paid low 50's for our trailer and understood it to be a little pricey because of what we were purchasing. The trailer is unique to the market and although someone with the talent can add the lithium/solar package, I felt more comfortable having it installed and packaged by the factory at a little more cost. So far, we are finding the trailer to be well built and comfortable. The air conditioner does drain the battery significantly but because of the design of the unit, using a 2K generator for extended ac use works very well. No soft starter needed with the Truma.
Eddymob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2022, 10:13 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

thanks for the great advice!

Thank you eddymob and marine 359, used your advice to make our decision on our purchase (2022 2108DS FLX). I liked not messing with switching over a 2108DS to solar and having it come already set up and the idea of establishing a relationship with a local dealer in the event of a need for service (didn't like hearing all the stories of having trouble getting repairs taken care of). Also like the idea of keeping our spending local.

We kept our dealer informed of other deals we could get and they did come down to a 30% off price so thank you both for the input. Also appreciated the tip that a soft start was not needed for the a/c.

Trying to keep from using a noisy generator. Any knowledge of getting by with adding a second lithium battery and external solar panels to avoid that or a very quiet generator?

thanks again,

rick
rickanddeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2022, 11:10 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Congrats on your purchase Rick. If the FLX had been in production when I bought my 2108ds, I definitely would have bought the FLX. Don’t know what battery you got standard, or how much solar you have. It’s relevant, because I’m guessing you have the Dometic 12v compressor fridge. This fridge, nominally, uses 50ah/day. A bit more in sweltering 80F or higher, and much less when it’s cool outside. With our LiFePo4 fully charged to 170ah, and some sunlight for our portable panel, we can go for 3 days without using generator. I believe the right amount of solar to supply the fridge (almost endlessly) will be about 400w, so we’ll be installing 2x 200w roof panels later this year. Also, we’ve tinkered around with the fridge settings and settled on performance level 1 for the best cooling with moderate power use. We found that low eco settings did not keep things frozen in the freezer.

Keep us posted on your experience with the FLX, especially how you like the Truma systems.
Happy trails.
Old 09-11-2022, 01:17 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickanddeb View Post
Thank you eddymob and marine 359, used your advice to make our decision on our purchase (2022 2108DS FLX). I liked not messing with switching over a 2108DS to solar and having it come already set up and the idea of establishing a relationship with a local dealer in the event of a need for service (didn't like hearing all the stories of having trouble getting repairs taken care of). Also like the idea of keeping our spending local.

We kept our dealer informed of other deals we could get and they did come down to a 30% off price so thank you both for the input. Also appreciated the tip that a soft start was not needed for the a/c.

Trying to keep from using a noisy generator. Any knowledge of getting by with adding a second lithium battery and external solar panels to avoid that or a very quiet generator?

thanks again,

rick
Congrats on the new purchase, we have a 2306BHS. Have you had any issues with charging your flex with shore power? I am asking this because when I try connecting to shore power to charge the battery It won’t take it. I tried connecting to a generator to charge the battery and will also not take the charge. Let me know if you run across any hick up’s with your new flex. Thank you
Frankstery2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2022, 01:54 PM   #10
Winnebago Owner

Hi Frank,
I believe your FLX is equipped with a Xantrex 2000 XC inverter/charger. Same as what I installed. The Xantrex will not provide charging amperage until it has been programmed. Many FLX owners are complaining about the fact their FLX did not come from the factory already programmed, and of course dealers don’t know what their doing, and can only serve to make things worse. If you haven’t already done so, try Therese steps:
Plug in SP
Turn on the Xantrex by depressing to I/O button on the display panel ( the one on the unit)
Next establish a Bluetooth connection with the remote panel
Now start the app
First thing to do is select grid power
Next select battery type. Since I think you have a Lithionics LiFePo4, select Lithium.
Check your Lithionics manual or spec sheet to see how many charging amps it will accept.
Xantrex will charge up to 80amps. Select amps in the app that matches your battery.
At 80 amps the Xantrex should begin and should finish in about 2 hours from zero SOC.
If this doesn’t work, check to make sure all your cable connections, inverter to battery, or to bus bars are snug. Sometimes they can be loosened by a dealer person.
If you have the newer Lithionics with Bluetooth, connect your phone to it and make sure the battery is turned on, and the parameters are properly set (see manual).
Old 09-11-2022, 02:47 PM   #11
Winnebago Camper

My xantrx app has the following settings
Inverter
Inverter ignition control off
Low power cut off 12.1v
Low Battery cut off delay timer 300s
Low battery recovery voltage 13.8v
Power saver off
Power saving mode disable
Output frequency 60.0 hz
Output voltage 120V
Inverter output power limit 3000w
Inverter output power limit timer 300s
Transfer mode appliance
Inverter shutdown recovery automatic restart
Charger
Battery type LiFePo4
Default battery temp warm
Charger ignition control off
Equalize charging for flooded battery disable
Charger current 150A
Custom
Custom absorption voltage 14.6V
Custom float voltage 13.6v
Grid
Utility AC under voltage level 90V
Breaker rating 30A
Old 09-11-2022, 03:03 PM   #12
Winnebago Owner

At first glance, things look good, but I’m wondering if your Lithionics can accept 150amps charge current. If it can’t, the bms will disable the charge circuit. Set the Xantrex charge amperage to 80amps to be sure.
Old 09-11-2022, 03:59 PM   #13
Winnebago Camper

Good afternoon, That is the fix. It was charging with my generator and I am connected to home power and no breakers flipped. Plugged in the app is showing 106.1v 12.3A. I took it to the dealer last week and they said it worked just fine there and could not replicate the issue, but when i brought it home and plugged it in the house power breakers flipped in the first 30 sec. Started charging at 66% and 15 mins into charging 77%. Thank you so much for your help I really really appreciate it.