Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Welcome Mat
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-06-2024, 03:08 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Inverter Problem 2022 Navion 24D

I’m getting an error message 10. I have full batteries but the inverter is not connecting so I can’t use everything in the RV.

I’ve got Lithium batteries. I’ve tried to find out when to have the inverter on or off but most things online are talking about lead batteries and converting to lithium. Not my case.

When should the inverter be on/off?
Do I drive with it on/off?

How do I get it to work with the error message 10?

Thanks
Frank D
FrankD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2024, 10:34 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Sounds like time to review how to get info? You mention an error message, so where to find what message 10 means?
Got a book on the inverter that tells the answer?
If there is no book, find what brand and model of inverter you have and find a book online or call dealers who sell that item. Most will want folks to be happy with what they sell and will try to give the right answer.
But there are times when the first call or try doesn't work, so we need to move to other places. Winnebago has some really good folks who know there products. It can be hit and miss but it does pay to ask!
For specifics on things like the inverter, it may take a bit of study to find what works for the new RV styles like you have as they have new and different equipment than older may have.
Looking in the big bag of info should turn up lots of smaller manuals for things like appliances, those are likely to be specific to the items on YOUR, so they are more reliable than looking at info from 5-10 years ago.
Step one is often a matter of finding what you have as there are options on RV, just as any car you buy. There should be a sheet or two in the info bag listing what options are on your RV. It helps to know that before asking how to run things.

Looking at the drawings for your RV year and model, it appears you do not have an inverter! They may have called it an inverter but the info lists it as an inverter/charger!
So you have to consider what you have and then look for info on inverter chargers---if that is actually what you have!
We would have a hard time getting you the correct info for your problem when asking about the inverter, if you actually have and inverter charger.

An inverter takes power from the batteries to make 110 AC for things like TV or outlet. We may want to leave the inverter off until we want to use the TV or outlets as it is a way to conserve battery power.

But an inverter charger does both functions and uses battery when not plugged in or it charges those batteries when we have AC power. We don't want to turn it off if we need it to charge the batteries!

So the answers for when and how to use it, will first depend on knowing for sure what you have! And that takes a bit of looking and study to find out what you bought!
Easy way to start is to look at the build sheet listing what options and details you have.
Second can be as simple as finding the item and looking for the label for brand and model numbers. Then you can either check the small booklets for one that covers that items or go online to search for info for that specific items.

Folks on most forums are ready and willing to help but it has to involve us knowing things that you need to supply.
Basic idea is that you can find out what you have---even when we can't see it!
Bottom line is we can't say whether to turn the inverter on or off until we know for sure what you have.
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2024, 03:50 PM   #3
'21 View 24J

Hi Frank - Looking at the Xantrex XC guide in our Winnebago Operator's Manual Supplement, I see that E10 is listed as an internal hardware error. The action recommended is to contact Xantrex customer service at 1-800-670-0707.

Evidently there is a way to reset that E10 code, but online info generally refers to earlier models of the inverter.

Customer service will be able to help you reset the inverter to see if the fault reoccurs.

Let us know how you make out. The info will be helpful to all.

The FitRV folks have great info for those transitioning to an RV. Have a look at this video for info on RV electrical systems:

https://www.thefitrv.com/rv-tech/rv-...for-beginners/

Best of luck!

Cheers,
Ontario Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2024, 04:41 PM   #4
Site Team

Inverter on/off is pretty simple.

It should be on when you are not plugged into shore power and the generator is not running but you want to run a few (not all) of your 110v receptacles - TV, phone chargers, etc.

It should be off when your RV is in storage and when you're using shore power or the generator.

As to driving... that's up to you. But likely you'll keep it off. Because, what 110v item are you running when you drive? If you have something you want AC powered while you drive you can keep the inverter on. BUT don't forget to turn it off if you stop somewhere without shore power and just leave it on absentmindedly.

See, the Inverter uses a fair amount of your house batteries even when you aren't doing much that requires the inverter. This could run down your batteries, even though they are Lithium. They aren't magic. When you are driving your RV's alternator is keeping your batteries charged so that not a worry. But the minute you turn off your engine you are then using up precious battery power.

Also, Inverter on or off has nothing to do with the type of batteries you have. The same would be true of AGMs or Lead Acid batteries.

I agree to call Xantrax Support to answer your Error question:.

Tags
inverter