Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-16-2022, 07:12 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

2022 Navion 24D Newbies - Boondocking?

Hi, my wife Giovanna and I just bought our FIRST RV… a 2022 Navion 24D We are enjoying it but it seems like everyday something happens that we don’t know what to do about it. Boondocking is quite an experience for us! Is there a Navion Boondockers Guide or a 101 video???
Frank D
FrankD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2022, 01:25 PM   #2
Living The Dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankD View Post
Hi, my wife Giovanna and I just bought our FIRST RV… a 2022 Navion 24D We are enjoying it but it seems like everyday something happens that we don’t know what to do about it. Boondocking is quite an experience for us! Is there a Navion Boondockers Guide or a 101 video???
Frank D
Nice choice. Best way to learn is to read the manuals (try to skip the ones that don’t pertain to your rig, that in and of itself is a task!), experiment, ask questions (remember we were all new at some time). Most folks will genuinely try to help. In a couple of years you’ll be the “expert”
SeeTheUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2022, 05:49 PM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Hi Frank - did you ever find some good resources! I’m searching too…I don’t find the manuals so helpful, perhaps it’s my lack of knowledge with autos, batteries, etc!
Moosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2024, 03:12 AM   #4
Winnebago Watcher

So sorry I never replied.
No, I’ve not found helpful articles, etc. It’s a shame that we don’t have a Navion 24D for dummies book!
Old 02-06-2024, 10:09 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

It's way late in the game for your use but I might throw in an idea for other new folks.

Think of how you would normally learn anything new. Do you first go out and try it at expert level or do you start slowly and work into the game gradually?
Most of us when learning to ride a bike did not consider entering a race for the first try!

So apply that to learning about using your RV! You may want to boondock at some point but why do the hardest first?
Go to a full hookup site with all kinds of folks already there that have been doing this for years.
Big item? Using the RV with all kinds of power and all kinds of water and waste facilities is much easier to learn than doing the boonies thing where you have very limited facilities as well as often NO HELP!

You are not REQUIRED to hook up and use the water, power, and dump if you want to go that way. But it is certainly much less trauma if you find the batteries are not lasting and you can just plug in the cord to get through the night!

If you are forty miles from nowhere and the batteries are dead because you missed a point, it can get bad! It just makes a lot of sense to be able to walk across the drive and ask for a jump start ----just in case you missed a point or two!

Nothing wrong with being new and most of us RV folks know the feeling and are glad to lend a hand. But you DO have to stay where you can get that help!
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2024, 07:10 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
So sorry I never replied.
No, I’ve not found helpful articles, etc. It’s a shame that we don’t have a Navion 24D for dummies book!
Frank, we're just across the river in lower bucks county PA. We have the 2021 24V. While there are some changes in the interior the mechanics are the same. We have done a lot of trips and made our share of stupid mistakes and a ton of upgrades to our unit. Drop me a line if I can offer any help.
Sparky19053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2024, 08:38 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

The most important things you gotta know and master for successful boondocking are having enough useable watt hours of battery storage (preferably LiFePo4), and a good charging system (dc/dc, solar, fast charger). After that, it’s all a piece of cake, no matter what kind or brand of RV you have. Then it all boils down to consuming less power than you can produce and store.
Old 02-15-2024, 03:07 PM   #8
Winnebago Watcher

I subscribed to RV Life Pro and got their Teachable Master Classes available now. They seem really good. With the small annual. And it has a trip planner and all sorts of good stuff with the membership.
Old 02-16-2024, 09:25 AM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
I subscribed to RV Life Pro and got their Teachable Master Classes available now. They seem really good. With the small annual. And it has a trip planner and all sorts of good stuff with the membership.
There are a few Facebook groups that I can suggest that have been exceptionally helpful. Whether you like FB or not, there are things to appreciate and a wealth of experience and knowledge being shared freely. View/Navion owners is one, another is 2020-2024 View/Navion owners group.
Riverbend is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags