Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Welcome Mat
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-22-2023, 06:06 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Dash Blower Motor not working - 2004 Brave

My blower motor went out. I have replaced the blower motor - still not doing anything - I replaced the relay on the firewall for the blower motor - I have not replaced the resistor yet as I am told that is only for controlling speeds.. Would that make my blower motor not work at all? Could it be something else?

2004 Winnebago Brave 32V Chevy Workhorse W22 8.1l
srfrgrl77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2023, 08:17 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

It can depend on how the resister pack might fail! The idea is that the speed knob changes the path throughthe resisters in the pack so that more or less resisters are inline to slow the motor.

Yes the function of the pack is to control the speed by adding resistance but if it breaks, that is the full blown resistance and nothing passes!
If the wire for the main line breaks, you get NO current flow and no motor at all.
This is kind of a common one that shows the coil springs that are the resistance and as each one is put inline, the motor speed changes. This is often somewhat easy to spot as it is setting in the cover of the heater where the air flow moves over it and about the only group of wires in that area.
If you can find the pack and figure out where voltage goes to the pack, then you need to look at the pack and see that the power gets to the wire where it comes out and to the motor. Sometimes when you pull it out, you can spot a wire that is broken.

Hope that gives you a few ideas to check?
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2023, 09:20 PM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Thank you! I am going to replace the resistor tomorrow! Let you know if that works! Mine looked pretty corroded.. I took the old one out today..
Old 08-23-2023, 07:00 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

Okay, the mention of corroded brings another thought? If the connector looks like it is corroded. it may be the cause! Maybe take a minute to scrape the contacts if they look bad. That can be as simple as running a screwdriver point up and down over them if they are a blade that sticks out or if a person had an emery board like for nails? Not to get too agressive and file off too much but just to make them shiny.
Sometimes something like WD-40 or contact cleaner are good, too.

The idea is pretty simple like this drawing. the switch puts power on different wiresso that it hits the route to the motro at different places that give more or less resistance. You get different amounts of power getting to the motor and different speeds. But if the path is open at the red mark, you get nothing on any speed!
Click image for larger version

Name:	speed.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	33.7 KB
ID:	187059

Good luck on the chase. We never really know we found the problem until it starts working.
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2023, 10:28 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

2005-06 Auto Heating & AC.pdf

Find that yet? Should apply to your Brave.

Was linked here: Dash. No Blower No Heat No A/C no Nothing which may help too.

tderonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2023, 10:06 AM   #6
Winnebago Watcher

I ended up replacing the blower motor resistor and that did the trick! My AC is blowing better and colder than ever!!

Tags
dash, brave