Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-13-2021, 12:47 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Why NO owners manuals or plumbing diagrams of MINNIE Travel Trailers?

I’ve been searching the internet for a simple plumbing diagram if a 2021 2801BHS travel trailer. Nothing. They have MINNIE WInnie manuals and plumbing diagrams but ZERO for the Minnie series. No ops manuals, no plumbing or wiring diagrams of any MINNIE travel trailers. Why??? They can’t even support their own products.

The operations manual I obtained is very vague - it covers all the variations and sizes. There are few pictures and no wiring or plumbing plans / schematics - nor do they show the locations of any knobs or tank locations, which you need to know to winterize and de-winterize the Minnie. It seems they want to make it very difficult to do anything yourself.
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2021, 02:08 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

I’m guessing this is your first rv.
What is frustrating you is the same with all rv manufacturers. None that I know of provide schematics, or wiring or plumbing diagrams at time of purchase. When you took delivery of your camper, you should have received a red zippered pouch with manuals for all of the components of the camper. And your dealer should have provided manuals for any options you ordered, like the hitch. If you didn’t get these, demand them from your dealer. Winnebago has downloadable wiring diagrams for motorhomes but not for towable (go figure). However, they will email you a wiring diagram if you contact customer service. To my knowledge, nobody provides plumbing diagrams. If you still aren’t getting where you want to be, you can take your rig back to your dealer and ask for a more thorough PDI, and a walk around to answer questions about whatever is vexing you. It takes sOme time to get to know and understand your rv. Be patient and as in Led Zepplin’s Kashmir “all will be revealed”
Old 12-13-2021, 06:25 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

What seems bad from Winnebago is the standard for most!
If you ever get into looking for drawings of the wiring on a car----then you have a problem!
If you look at it from a simple business view and you have trained service people to do repairs, why would one give out any info that would help DIY folks?
Winnebago DOES give us lots of info on wiring for the older motorhomes but it has been cut way back for anything newer than 2010.

As things have gotten more complex, perhaps they assume the DIY guy is gone anyway? Shade tree mechanics are not very common either.
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2021, 10:16 AM   #4
Site Team

This issue must be one of past history. Motorized RVs from Winnebago all have detailed Operator's Manuals, and electrical, plumbing, and parts lists available. And this continues in new models, as well.

On the other hand, to get into towables Winnebago purchased the Sunnybrook travel trailer company back in 2010. I think we can assume that - LIKE ALL OTHER TT MANUFACTURERS - Sunnybrook never offered this level of info on their travel trailers and Winnebago simply continued the practice.

Travel Trailer manufacturers seem to feel that owners can figure this stuff out on their own... or more laughably, that their selling dealers will do a complete description of everything during the PDI and be available for help after the sale.

I owned 3-travel trailers (1-Nash and 2-Arctic Fox) and none came with anything than a bewildering bag of installation/operating brochures from manufacturers for the components in the TT. I owned a 31' Class C from Forest River (Ugh!) and it too came with nothing but the "bag" of brochures.

It doesn't help TT owners at all - but Winnebago should be praised for the way they handle motorized RVs. And, they should begin to offer similar info for Towables.
Old 12-13-2021, 01:19 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Please simply call Winnebago Towables. If you provide your VIN, they will send any drawings you request. I got structural drawings, AC & DC wiring schematics, schematics of the fresh water system, and schematics of the drain/vent system. They are very friendly and will send them to you via email. The drawings aren’t as nice as the 3D renderings provided for motorhomes, but they are helpful enough for most purposes. Trailers are pretty simple.
backtrack15 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
manual, plumbing, travel