Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-03-2021, 07:19 PM   #1
2020 View 24D

'22 Journey delays--no communications

In January this year, my wife and I placed an order with Lichtsinn RV for the Journey 34N. This was a good faith order as it was made sight unseen based on our confidence in Winnebago and Lichtsinn and also from marketing videos we viewed online. The order was placed in January for an August delivery and we traded in our 2021 Winnebago View (locking in a trade-in value).

On 3 separate occasions, I have received either a phone call or email from my sales rep that the Journey has been delayed; first September, second October and most recently December. Never has there been an explanation. I have read online of customers being bumped but don't believe that is our situation as I don't think Journey's have begun coming off the production line. I have asked for our VIN but nothing is available yet.

Most frustrating has been the lack of communication from Winnebago. I have sent two emails to John Bonczyk (Director Product Management) and followed with a voicemail asking for information with no response. After the latest delay, I asked our sales rep if I could speak with a factory rep. She gave me the general 800# for the Winnebago motorhome division. I asked her for a name and she said her sales rep Ryan would call. This was last Thursday--still no call. Yesterday I left a voicemail for the Lichtsinn Sales Manager--you guessed it--no call back.

I have a friend with a Tiffin rig who says I should contact a lawyer. He thinks Winnebago may never produce the new Journey 34N. I just don't know...what are your thoughts? The motor vehicle purchase agreement I signed from Lichtsinn is all worded in their favor and they hold over $100k in trade-in and cash down.

I guess I'd feel better if I just knew the delay was caused by chassis delay or microchip or insulating foam or....
jimservice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 08:02 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

You actually gave them your trade before they had your new RV? A small cash down should have been the only thing necessary to seal the deal.
Mtn Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 09:43 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimservice View Post
I have a friend with a Tiffin rig who says I should contact a lawyer. He thinks Winnebago may never produce the new Journey 34N. I just don't know...what are your thoughts? The motor vehicle purchase agreement I signed from Lichtsinn is all worded in their favor and they hold over $100k in trade-in and cash down.

I guess I'd feel better if I just knew the delay was caused by chassis delay or microchip or insulating foam or....
In my opinion. Perhaps you have made a few bad decisions, and the consequences of the same are becoming more frustrating by the day. Listening to you Tiffin friend who says contact an Attorney is absurd A Lawyer is NOT gonna fix your problem. If you really believe that Winnebago will never produce your new Journey 34N it may be useless to even talk about what really went wrong and recommended next steps.

For starters; I would NEVER give up my current RV as trade on a new one that has 3 months delivery let along 8 months, you did; so you obviously had no issues with going without an RV for a while?

Why or how do you find any fault with Lichtsinn RV? They just sell the RVs so they can't deliver to you until Winnebago delivers. Don't see why your relationship with them could go sour unless you are holding them accountable for something they have no control over?

Then you cite lack of communication from Winnebago, but you also say they have called and sent emails rescheduling the delivery date 3 times!!! Your RV is not ready, and it will not be until December if everything goes well, what else could they possibly tell you? If Winnebago had what you ordered EXACTLY, you would have it by now.

I really may be missing some context; and if so, my apologies, but if it were me, I would make the best of this bad situation. I am going on 2 years as a RV Owner and all of that time with Winnebago; I find their Customer Service exceeding of my expectations over other Mfg alternatives I was previously considering. None of the people you mentioned in this post are trying to disservice you, rather you want something from them that they can't do anything about. Truth be told, I wish I could have afforded to have bought from Lichtsinn I say that because my experience with them is they deal with customers that command a high level of quality and service, and thus they don't cut corners. They charge for that service too. But perhaps you have caught them where they are helpless?
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3; Roadmaster Nighthawk 676; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; Southwire EMS 44270/34951 Display 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 06:32 PM   #4
2020 View 24D

You are correct, I made the decision to lock in the trade-in value in January. I didn't want future miles to lower the value. In hindsight, it would have been much better to hold onto (a) for usage and (b) for escalating value.

I still feel lack of communication a problem. The calls and emails have come from our Lichtsinn rep. I've never been given a reason for the delays. An explanation from Winnebago would go a long way to allay the anxiety.
jimservice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 07:20 PM   #5
Winnie-Wise

I doubt if there's a single manufacturer of anything anywhere that isn't experiencing supply chain disruptions and delays right now. Winnebago can't build and ship the coach without parts, and if they can't get firm delivery dates on the parts they don't really have anything to pass along to you either. Maybe some of your frustration and anxiety should be directed towards Winnebago's suppliers as well.
Old 08-05-2021, 07:04 AM   #6
Site Team

There are many reasons right now for delivery delays of any custom ordered RV, let alone a brand new model making its first debut and from a brand new factory at that.

It’s shocking that Lichtsinn would do this deal this way.

I too doubt a lawyer would help the situation but I’d be all over the folks at Lichtsinn. I’d be demanding info from Ron Lichtsinn himself. Surely, he can have access the powers that be at Winnebago and get you answers - and to figure out this mess.
Old 08-08-2021, 05:17 PM   #7
Winnebago Watcher

2022 journey

Having departed from Winnebago GNR slightly over a week ago, I can assure you the 2022 Journey in currently being produced as prototypes.
Two models was on walk thru displays at GNR.
I was fortunate enough to have a friend that was offered a VIP tour of class A and C production, tagging along.
In the newly remodeled warehouse, now also a production line, was a 2022 Journey 34, awaiting a passenger slide install.
This afternoon s a beautiful coach, almost sorry I took my wife through one on display
Hate too hear about your issues with Lichsinn, my friends swear by them.
Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021, 06:13 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimservice View Post
You are correct, I made the decision to lock in the trade-in value in January. I didn't want future miles to lower the value. In hindsight, it would have been much better to hold onto (a) for usage and (b) for escalating value.

I still feel lack of communication a problem. The calls and emails have come from our Lichtsinn rep. I've never been given a reason for the delays. An explanation from Winnebago would go a long way to allay the anxiety.
I just watched the Lichtsinn video of your model. What a lovely Coach You have obviously done well. I have better understanding of your anxiety. All I can say, make the most of your long Journey during the Journey while you wait on your Journey from Winnebago and Lichtsinn. Just looking at all of new features no telling how much trouble they are having not only getting all of the parts, but getting it to work to perfection; which I am sure you will demand that as well.

Congratulations on the new Coach, I believe it will be worth the added wait
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3; Roadmaster Nighthawk 676; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; Southwire EMS 44270/34951 Display 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2021, 11:04 AM   #9
Wood Song — Journey

Has there been any word from Winnebago regarding the Journey 34n production schedule? This is getting very annoying. Winnebago should at a minimum give some details regarding the delays to people who have orders for these coaches.
Wil_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2021, 12:21 PM   #10
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wil_H View Post
Has there been any word from Winnebago regarding the Journey 34n production schedule? This is getting very annoying. Winnebago should at a minimum give some details regarding the delays to people who have orders for these coaches.
Pretty sure that's up to the dealer you ordered your RV from. Winnebago is selling it to them, and they are selling it to you. A good dealer will keep you in the loop or respond to your inquiries.
Old 12-15-2021, 12:44 PM   #11
Wood Song — Journey

The dealers are not getting information from Winnebago. They have tried numerous times with no real response -- at least that is what I am being told.
Old 12-15-2021, 01:43 PM   #12
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wil_H View Post
at least that is what I am being told.
This is always the questionable thing isn't it? Is your dealer being honest with you or is he just blaming Winnebago.

I don't how you can know the truth of this????
Old 12-15-2021, 06:30 PM   #13
Winnebago Camper

I advise that you ask your dealer for the name and email / phone of their Winnebago representative. When I was waiting on my coach earlier this year through the F-53 chassis recall from Ford, my dealer gave me their Winnebago rep's contact information, and I found that person to be welcoming to my inquiries and regular requests for status.
ZimBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2021, 02:11 PM   #14
Wood Song — Journey

Thank you, Bob. We've have tried that, but no one at Winnebago is forthcoming. Fingers crossed that we get some info soon.
Old 12-17-2021, 10:47 AM   #15
Winnebago Owner

I feel your frustration Jim, I too have a Journey on order and can't get a vin number or production date. I wonder what Winnebago will have on display at the January Super show in Tampa this year??? I have been a Winnebago owner since July of 2000 and sure would like to get back on the road again.
Old 12-17-2021, 12:07 PM   #16
Wood Song — Journey

Jim,
It appears that the two prototypes are still at Lichtsinn's RV. As far as I can tell, those are the only two out in the wild.

Tags
cat, journey