Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-15-2023, 10:25 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Where's Left Rear Speaker? 2004 Ultimate Advantage 40K

I have a 2004 UA 40K. I finally found the Bose subwoofer under the fridge, in the area with the central vac (pic)

but I can not find the Left Rear surround speaker, which should be somewhere in the diner slide out. I've watched sales videos of other units and I don't see them either. Seems to be specific to the 2004 because the 2003s used a different style speaker (or at least the ones I found online.

I also found this bundle of wires in the front cabinet they are labeled with 'Surround' positions.

Can I wire these up to a surround receiver?
Is the subwoofer powered somewhere in-between or at the sub enclosure (or was it driven by the missing Bose head unit)?

Stand by - Many more questions to come
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Subwoofer.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	262.1 KB
ID:	186974   Click image for larger version

Name:	surround wires.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	266.9 KB
ID:	186977  

prafersno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2023, 08:03 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Wish I could help, but my UF has a totally different Bose surround system with a 2000W amplifier in front of my left foot when driving. The surround speakers are mounted to the ceiling, the sub-woofer is under the couch.
There's a man on irv2.com AFChap, he may be on here too, that has a UA-can't remember the year.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2023, 07:10 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Ray, if you're bored see if you can download this video. It was way too big to post here.
Make sure the sound is on.

This is between the cabinets in the dining slide. I'm going to take an old surround receiver back to the coach and put output to all the wire pairs. it will be interesting if there is a speaker behind there!

https://www.icloud.com/attachment/?u...OV&sz=73452265
prafersno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2023, 08:52 AM   #4
Site Team

My 2017 Adventurer has an LG Blueray/Home Theater system with 5-1 Surround. The rear speakers are behind cloth panels - like in your video - flanking cabinets over the living room sofa.

When we used to watch Blueray disks we used it - but we stream all our TV now on the RV so, we never use the system any more. Although the TV sound can be routed through the Home Theater system. It's just not that great a system.

Here's a photo (click it to enlarge it) - is this something like your setup?:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rear-surround.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	101.7 KB
ID:	187219  
Old 09-09-2023, 11:11 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

You may find the following wiring diagrams for your coach helpful:
Body, 12 Volt Wiring Installation

TV/VCR, Front Wiring Installation

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2023, 09:26 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

I watched your video and I suspect you're correct, that hides the speakers. I wish mine were like that. MIne are 4"sq. x 6" long/deep attached to the ceiling, they look like an afterthought hanging down like that, instead of a factory install.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote