Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-19-2020, 12:45 AM   #1
Winnebago Master

Rear radio speaker wiring for a 27Q

In preparation for installing better speakers for the kitchen TV in our 2016 Minnie Winnie 27Q I started pulling some of the wiring from the wire run on the underside of the kitchen cabinet where the radio is mounted. There is a lot of wiring going through a rather small hole so I was being very careful. As I exposed the wire bundle from the radio I saw the wire labels and was surprised to see a couple labeled for left and right rear speakers.

My Minnie was originally built as a rental and does not have any speakers in the bedroom. So, my question is if the rear speaker wiring exists in the back of the coach and if so, where would I look for the connector?

I did look at the 12v wiring diagram for the 27Q and did not see anything at all about speaker wiring.

Can any 27Q owners out there give me a clue?
Old 04-19-2020, 08:13 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Speaker wiring will not be part of the 12V, so look for something like audio or entertainment wiring ? Some models have a seperate layout in the info. /Some don't.
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 08:43 AM   #3
Site Team

Not sure if this helps but in our 32K the rear speakers are semi-surface mounted below the cabinet over the bed. When I say semi-surface mounted they protrude a bit but there is also a gap between the floor of the cabinet and the base where the wires are.
Old 04-20-2020, 12:02 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomB View Post
Not sure if this helps but in our 32K the rear speakers are semi-surface mounted below the cabinet over the bed. When I say semi-surface mounted they protrude a bit but there is also a gap between the floor of the cabinet and the base where the wires are.

That would be logical. I'll check when I get 'er out of winter storage.

Thanks!!!

Tags
radio, wiring