Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-24-2024, 01:45 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Question on 2014 Minnie Winnie 31K

We purchased a Minnie Winnie 31K last summer (which did not have any Winnebago or Ford user manuals)and are trying to learn about the RV. Recently we’ve been thinking of remodeling the u-shaped dinette & Jack knife sofa areas, however, under the left dinette bench is a “box” made of two thin sheets of wood with a piece of 2” styrofoam in between them. I’ve removed all bolts & screws and still cannot remove this board & styrofoam. Two questions: 1) how to remove this board & styrofoam; 2) what the heck is inside of this boxed in area under the bench? Thanks for any info.
Algae54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2024, 04:02 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

sounds like a good time to point to some really good info sites, if you have not found them yet!
Winn home site and under the "owners" tab is a start to finding tons of good stuff, like owners manuals wiring and plumbing, etc.
https://www.winnebago.com/
One of my favs is the interactive parts catalog, not so much for ordering parts but as a way to find things without moving too far! It lets us "look through walls" almost like Superman! don't miss it for where they put things as you can click the name in the list at right to light it in yellow on the drawings.
https://catalog3d.winnebagoind.com/menu/Parts.htm

Or if you spot an odd thing on the drawing (or want to know what's under a cover?), you can click the item on the drawing to pop up the name in the list!

Under the left seat? Shows pretty well nothing but space that I believe is cut out in the slides as a way to move in over some section on the body??
Click image for larger version

Name:	slid.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	62.8 KB
ID:	189050
It looks pretty solid and not going to want to move??
So your job might be to look at what is so important and unmovable that they went to the trouble to build around it?
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2024, 08:19 PM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Morich,
Thanks for your thoughts. I’ve been to the Winn website and found & printed the user manual and most diagrams. Your thought about the “box” under the bench being an empty space that simply slides over the top of an area under the slide is a good one. The generator compartment is directly under that area of the slide. I’ll have to do some inspection from under that area of our RV. Appreciate your ideas! Thanks.
Algae54 is offline   Reply With Quote