Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2023, 04:58 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Need Warranty Help

I purchased a brand new Micro Minnie earlier this month. Again, brand new, under warranty. I am having a terrible time getting Winnebago customer service to help me. The dealer, via a Winnebago sales rep, ultimately directed me to them. The slide does not work and there appears to be a botched repair job that isn’t documented. Did it come from Winnebago like this? Did the dealer do something? Why isn’t this documented? This is an absolute nightmare. See the attached pictures. These are actual pictures of the slide, I am not joking. Can someone, anyone, share some helpful advice? I honestly believe the Winnebago customer service representative has my file mixed up with someone else’s, because the response I get from Winnebago is disjointed from my reality.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	9056885A-02C8-462E-9E30-46098112DE63.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	211.2 KB
ID:	185068   Click image for larger version

Name:	A114096F-00FF-433F-9D64-1D4093B48F14.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	364.7 KB
ID:	185069  

Name:	B0B64A14-7511-47D2-BD52-5CAE4D58D0D1.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	266.2 KB
ID:	185070   Click image for larger version

Name:	EBCEC7D2-C674-458C-8216-9A811FF119E3.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	192.5 KB
ID:	185071  

Old 01-27-2023, 05:17 PM   #2
Site Team

Have you taken the TT to a Winnebago Towables dealer for repair? Did you purchase the TT from a Winnebago dealer? Have you taken the TT to the selling dealer for warranty repairs?

Did you inspect the TT when you purchased it? Was it working when you bought it?

There is so much we don’t know about your issue. Start at the beginning and tell us the whole story

FYI, this forum is not connected to Winnebago in any way. We’re just owners trying to help other owners.
Old 01-27-2023, 05:25 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

I purchased from a Winnebago Dealer. The service manager at the dealership put me in touch with a Winnebago regional sales representative, who ultimately put me in touch with Winnebago Towables customer service. Things started off smoothly, but have grinded to a halt, as Lippert isn't responding to the repair request (they own Schwintek) and the manager of the customer service department is telling me to take the RV back to the dealership to have the roof repaired?!? Yes, try to make sense of that. We got into a heated argument via e-mail about the roof. I repeatedly told this person that he/she was misinformed, of course, this person disagreed. My head is about to explode.
Old 01-27-2023, 05:35 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

The slide was working when I purchased it, but failed six days later, on my first trip. Yes, I inspected the RV, but clearly not close enough. I'm not one of those people that will nitpick little cosmetic imperfections. Maybe if I was, I would have never purchased the trailer.

Also, I had an appointment with a dealer to have it repaired, but two days before the appointment, the dealer called me to tell me that the appointment was a mistake, and the repair could not be completed for 7-8 months. I am not joking. This really happened.
Old 01-28-2023, 07:53 AM   #5
Site Team

Call Winnebago Towables Customer Service. Actually speak to a person. Try to find a way forward. Ask Winnebago to get you the name of a reasonably convenient repair facility that can begin fixing your TT under warranty in a reasonable time frame.

Here’s the phone number: (574) 825-8052

Arguing via email with someone at Winnebago is never going to get you very far. Even if the problem isn’t your roof it sounds like that person would get you to a dealer that could repair your travel trailer.

It is too late to know this now, but buying a RV requires you to nit pick every part of the TT before accepting it from the dealer. If it’s not right don’t accept it. If it fails in 6-days return it to the selling dealership and demand “nicely” a full warranty repair in a nice way.

Hopefully, you can move beyond this event and enjoy your travel trailer.
Old 01-28-2023, 08:12 AM   #6
Site Team

Did you buy your TT from McClains in Corinth, TX? They are a Winnebago Towables Service center 24miles from Allen, TX.

They are a “Flying W” award service dealer and as such should be able to work with you. Have you spoken to them?

When did you buy your TT?

Who did you buy it from? Where are they located?

How long ago did you start this process? A few weeks ago of a few months ago?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	06DD86A7-E5C8-48E1-BC23-5BA75AA10FCE.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	148.5 KB
ID:	185073  
Old 01-28-2023, 08:25 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

This is good advice. Thank you. I have spoken to one person at Winnebago Towables customer service at the listed number, but it is often difficult to reach anyone. I’ve recently encountered long wait times. For example, yesterday, I was on hold for exactly 59 minutes and never actually spoke with anyone. I have asked the manager to call me on my cell phone at anytime, day or night, but haven’t heard from this person.

I recently requested a mobile service technician to come out and repair the RV. Before commencing the work, I will ask Winnebago to reimburse me for the work. We’ll see what they say.
Old 01-28-2023, 08:28 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

McClains in Rockwall canceled my scheduled repair two days before the appointment and informed me that service would not be available for 7-8 months. I did not purchase from them and they prioritize customers who purchase RVs directly from them.
Old 01-28-2023, 09:01 AM   #9
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helpmeplease View Post
McClains in Rockwall canceled my scheduled repair two days before the appointment and informed me that service would not be available for 7-8 months. I did not purchase from them and they prioritize customers who purchase RVs directly from them.
OK, who did you purchase the TT from? Again, how long has this been going on?

It is not uncommon for swamped service departments to prioritize those that bought from their dealership.

The independent tech approach, with Winnebago’s approval and knowledge is one that has worked for many other owners we have heard from.

Why have you not had the TT repaired by the dealership that you purchased it from?

RV warranties are not like cars. Unfortunately, Winnebago cannot force another dealer to repair your RV quickly. Just to repair it on the dealer’s time frame. I’ve been told that McClains is a good dealer but is very busy and emphasizes those that bought from one of their dealerships.
Old 01-28-2023, 09:22 AM   #10
Winnebago Camper

I am following the direction of the selling RV dealer.
Closed Thread