Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-28-2019, 11:39 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

2108DS Murphy Bed mattress

We recently upgraded from a Micro Minnie 2016 1706FB to the 2019 2108DS. We wanted a bit more room and the slide out really is great! We also love the versatility of the Murphy bed. However, on our maiden camping trip in the 2108 we found the bed not as comfortable as our old trailer. It is a bit smaller, but that’s ok. The mattress just isn’t as good. I think it’s too soft. I have a memory foam topper on it. Anyway, just wondering if anyone knows where you could find replacement mattresses? A firmer mattress might help the back aches. Thanks.
Sneakyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 08:10 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

A regular full mattress fits nicely. We ordered (through Wayfair) a "firm" full memory foam mattress but are returning it for a "medium" memory foam mattress. Mattress fit just right, little or no weight difference and once we get the correct firmness it should be fine.
MainelyScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 07:15 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Well I have to adjust my answer, the first mattress (the firm one) fit the bed perfectly. The new (medium firmness) mattress that came today is two inches too long. I think that I can add a filler and adjust the molding to make it work... Both were "Full" size mattresses.
MainelyScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 06:07 PM   #4
2108DS Gray Goose

Dimensions: 53 x 73 x 8
Product Type: Custom Luxury Gel Foam Mattress
Cover: Organic Cotton Removable Cover

I got this one from mattress insider.com. it was expensive but I love it and it fits perfectly. I'm thinking about getting the same mattress in queen size for my home

I also have a 2108ds
gretnagreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 09:05 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Here is a wild and crazy idea: how about replace it with an inflatable queen size? These new ones inflate quickly and you can easily adjust the firmness. It it hangs over a bit it won’t really matter as you deflate before closing up the Murphy. Just a lower cost thought...
jcurtisis is offline   Reply With Quote