Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-06-2024, 09:47 AM   #21
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by oracle1 View Post
We will head to the Left Coast/Mexifornia soon and be gone for 6 weeks to 2 months. We would surely want some routine engine service before we get back home.

WHERE DOES ONE TAKE A CLASS A JUST TO GET ROUTINE ENGINE SERVICE? Do you go to a Ford Commercial Vehicle Service facility? Another dealer that sells Winnebago's? Any RV service dealer?

Since RV dealers can be quite backlogged, what is the best strategy to get an oil change, etc.?

Thanx in advance for any advice!
Hi,
Glad you're enjoying your Adventurer, our 2017 37-foot model is going strong after 52,000 mi. We love it.

Both your questions seem pretty similar... Chassis service.

You'll find the vast majority of Ford, Commercial Ford and Ford Truck dealers will turn you down for service. If you complain to Ford about this they will hemmmm and hawwww and give you the name of a dealer 500 miles away that they are sure will take your RV.

I use generic RV and Automotive service centers. In San Antonio we have one or two RV Service Centers that are good and fast. And, 20 miles from my house is a Automotive shop that also works on motorhomes. I looked first on Google and then asked around to see what others use. I don't know if I was just lucky but both do a great job. The Automotive shop doesn't even need an appointment, just drive over and wait. The wait has never exceed 1 1/2 hours from arrival to finish. The RV service center in town requires appointments but they do the work while you wait and it too is quick.

Both shops, with a full Mobil 1 Oil/filter change and lube charge under $150.

In 52,000 miles I've never had any service done on my Ford chassis but an oil change - so I"m not at all sure what other general maintenance you'd want to have done. I do want to get a brake fluid flush, but other than that, nadda.

One other suggestion - there are plenty of heavy duty truck centers, not Ford branded, but commonly work on lots of Ford commercial trucks that will work on a Class A. You just have to call and ask.

I get oil changes between 5,000 and 8,000 miles. Ford says 8,000 but if I'm headed on a long trip that will take me past 8,000 mi I just do the oil service before I leave. So, 90% of my oil changes are around 6,500 mi.

Tags
adventurer, vent