Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-25-2022, 05:10 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

just got new 2022 Adventurer 29B...first thoughts

We just got a new 2022 Adventurer 29B this past week.

We paid 72% of the ridiculously-inflated MSRP price (manufacturers took advantage of the Covid Craziness...the same RV would have "stickered" for FAR LESS just 2-3 years ago). We paid just < $150k with various options noted below.

Sadly, the word is that Winnebago is discontinuing the Adventurer model in the 30' length. If you want a 30' Class A Winnebago, you will need to go with the Vista/Sunstar twins. They are a cut below the Adventurer models in finish details/features.

That model discontinuation is a darn shame, b/c our first impressions are EXCELLENT.

We wanted one in what they call the Wedgewood exterior and the Farmhouse look inside...found one in Huntsville, Al. The only thing it lacked was the theater seats, but the jacknife couch bed is quite comfortable and adds a sleeping option for the Grandpups/a small adult.

The walkaround queen in the back is nice...there is an annoying step down to accommodate that outside kitchen jazz, but you get used to it. The bed is nice and firm...my wife will add a pillow top.

Oh, we still own a truly classic 1999 40' Safari DP...too big for us now (we are 70ish). The shorter Winnie is a bit easier to handle (perhaps the ESC?). We gave "the Hilton DP" to our daughter and her family. Will miss that 425 Cat on the road, if not the cost of diesel fuel.

We are SO IMPRESSED by the F/P layout (my wife is GREAT at studying F/P details, in homes or RV's) and sedulous attention to thoughtful details.

The 10 c.f. fridge is all-electric (direct current I think) and uses little power...might even run on the 1000 w solar charged batteries alone. Galley TV is fixed (no pivoting), but @ a good angle.

Can access the main bed and bath with the slide in. Stove offers induction burner or L/P burner...the convection M/W allows for a large deep drawer (for coffee maker and toaster oven, etc.) instead of the old oven. Has 50a service b/c of dual A/C's (a must for us).

Options are finite, but we got most of them----> electronic stability control, loft bed (powered), satellite radio and TV, solar panel w/battery charger, video cameras, power cabin seats, defroster fans...we added the dish mounted on the roof.

It has the now ubiquitous tailgating kitchen o/s...we don't tailgate at college games nowadays, so would rather not have that added weight and wasted space...however, we get that they are popular with many. We might remove that 2nd college fridge to save weight if we don't really use it. Our son says it will be handy for leftovers (we dine out a lot).

We are ordering a 2023 Escape Hybrid (flat towable) as our dinghy.

People report pretty good towing with the Godzilla engine...the Bidenator gas cost will be a choker, but what are you gonna' do?

It has the ubiquitous Ford Godzilla that ALL Class A gas models are now using. For older folks, those driver safety options that come with the new Ford V8 are a NICE PLUS.

We also considered the Entegra Vision 29S (a lower MSRP actually), but preferred various things about the Adventurer 29B.

We knew that some have fussed about quality control during the Covid Crazy period, so we did hire an RV inspector ($750) to crawl all over it. He found only minor glitches, mostly roof sealing things.

Oh, the CCC is 1,675 (so hard to ascertain in these web reviews)...not great cargo capacity to be sure, but WAY BETTER than things like the MCB Sprinters. They have gotten heavier with 2 A/C's, a bigger Onan, that pull-down bunk, 50a service, and the superfluous (to us) tailgating kitchen, etc.

The "how to" manuals are pretty decent, if wordy.

No initial regrets...kudos to Winnebago so far.
oracle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2022, 10:20 PM   #2
Site Team

Hi Oracle1,
Yes, that is a very nice and relatively compact floorplan. I have heard many good things about the Godzilla motor, so that should serve you well.
I too did get a wonderful deal on my 2019 Minnie Winnie, as when I ordered it in November of 2018 both Ford and Winnebago were offering a special discount on the 22M. I have been very happy with the Winnebago quality.
Your daughter is very lucky to recieve your Hilton DP; that was most kind of you to give to her. I bet you all will get together for some great campouts.
Welcome to the forum.
Eagle5
Old 09-26-2022, 07:34 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

best regards to Eagle5!

Hey Eagle5!

Thanx for the nice wishes! We ALSO considered a Minnie Winnie, but we had experience with a Class A, so we decided to stick with it...just 10' shorter this time than our classic Safari DP!

We are much impressed initially with the Winnebago design and attention to detail. Also nice that they make their own things so it should be easier to get replacements.

We are TRULY the proverbial retired couple bent on seeing America over the next 2-3 years. I will be 72 next April, so its "time to get busy living"! (Shawshank Redemption)

My wife since 1975 is assiduously decking it out/detailing it. We will begin shorter trips to state parks to get used to it and figure out what we need to add.

But will work toward longer trips out west. A delay is awaiting the Ford Escape Hybrid dinghy which must be ordered. Right now, it has not even been ordered.
Old 09-26-2022, 09:50 AM   #4
Site Team

Hi again Hi Oracle1,
At only 30'-1" long, you might find that your need for a Toad isn't so great. Perhaps hold-off upon buying that new Toad and see if you can make-due with your new smaller Adventurer. You know, I saw Robin Williams drive a 37' Class A through some pretty rough terrain, so you know it is possible (ha-ha.)
Thanks, Eagle5
Old 09-26-2022, 10:44 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Thanks very much for the details. I have a Vista 29V (wife really, really wanted an oven) that should be completed in about a month. I'll be flying out to Iowa to pick it up and driving back to California. Can you comment on the electronics on the 2022 F53 chassis? Have they incorporated adaptive cruise control? Any other driving assist? I think the infotainment systems are upgraded on the Adventurer as compared to the Vista but as long as I have CarPlay I'm fine.

Congratulations on your new coach and I wish you many happy memories!
cloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 12:10 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by oracle1 View Post
We just got a new 2022 Adventurer 29B this past week.

We paid 72% of the ridiculously-inflated MSRP price (manufacturers took advantage of the Covid Craziness...the same RV would have "stickered" for FAR LESS just 2-3 years ago). We paid just < $150k with various options noted below.

Sadly, the word is that Winnebago is discontinuing the Adventurer model in the 30' length. If you want a 30' Class A Winnebago, you will need to go with the Vista/Sunstar twins. They are a cut below the Adventurer models in finish details/features.

That model discontinuation is a darn shame, b/c our first impressions are EXCELLENT.
Congrats on your new Coach, having bought a new 2019 29ve Sunstar in 2019 that had been sitting inside a dealer's large indoor facility for 2 months; it is hard for me to phantom how much you guys are paying today I recall at the time the Adventurer was about $20k more than what we bought. People view each coach differently; but sometimes more is not necessarily best. Winnebago discontinues a model because at the end of the day, a model may not bring the bottom line revenues as they anticipated. We actually preferred the Sunstar 29ve over the Adventurer with same floor plan; so the fact we saved almost $20k was a no brainer for our situation. Here are the things that stood out that the Adventurer had that we didn't get, but would have wanted; only one was an absolute must have and it was our 1st Mod.

1. Full body paint - but we have that Automotive like finish that shines great at 3 years old. (see picture taken a few months ago on that finish)
2. EC-30 AGS - I had to have this and for $750; I had it installed by Dealer after the sale
3. Corian countertop and the two inserts for sink - My wife really loved those inserts and we were planning to have two custom made, but after driving on a few trips she changed her mind. She frequently put something in the those sinks while driving as to avoid some items from sliding around. She also says she would not want to be taking them on / off all the time. I bought her a cutting board that is more functional and disposable.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20220519_123033.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	150.0 KB
ID:	184233

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloo View Post
Thanks very much for the details. I have a Vista 29V (wife really, really wanted an oven) that should be completed in about a month. I'll be flying out to Iowa to pick it up and driving back to California. Can you comment on the electronics on the 2022 F53 chassis? Have they incorporated adaptive cruise control? Any other driving assist? I think the infotainment systems are upgraded on the Adventurer as compared to the Vista but as long as I have CarPlay I'm fine.

Congratulations on your new coach and I wish you many happy memories!
I could not avoid this thread when I saw your post, my wife went on and on about the oven and the propane gas cooktop. I guess if you have generator running or shore power it is no big deal for electric stove. It is kind funny because she has one of the portable electric cooker that grills, fries etc. I also added a potable ice maker that incredibly makes ice in 10 - 15 minutes

90% of the time our Audio system is connected to my Phone via Bluetooth. So we have Waze and all of that. I have mount to my right that holds phone, works very well.

Congratulations on your new coach. It has been 3 years and I think the world of Winnebago. We had planned to buy a Thor but both models we looking at were discontinued. The Sunstar cost us more but it also fell it our lap. It is a keeper for us for sure.

We have cruise control but I only use if we are way out with no traffic, it works just like our autos but because we are driving a RV, people tend to get just close enough on you to cut you off so you end up having to drive a lot slower than the set cruise speed when there is surrounding traffic.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3; Roadmaster Nighthawk 676; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; Southwire EMS 44270/34951 Display 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 03:28 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

to "cloo"

I am on the run...I snagged this info mostly at the Lightsinn RV site...hope it helps a tad:

https://www.ford.com/support/categor.../co-pilot-360/

This coach is now equipped with the new Ford F53 chassis, with a nimble 50 degree wheel cut and powered by the a new fuel efficient V8 and new TorqShift six speed automatic transmission with grade braking:

1. 7.3L Ford free breathing two valve PFI V8 engine

2. 468 lb feet of torque or power

3. 350 HP

4. TorqShift SelectShift 6 speed automatic overdrive transmission with tow haul mode and grade braking

5. Electronic stability control

6. Hill start assist

7. Auto headlight activation

8. Ford telematics available thru Ford Pass

9. New and improved suspension packages for superior ride and handling

10. New tilt and telescoping steering column

11. New instrumentation cluster

12. Stainless steel wheel liners

13. Automatic hydraulic leveling jacks

14. Rear valve stem extensions

15. Factory installed tow package, 5,000 lb with 500 lb vertical tongue weight and seven blade bargemen wiring

Includes the following factory installed standard feature highlights:

1. Cooling upgrade package, with dual high efficiency air conditioners, larger 5,500 watt Cummins Onan generator, and 50 AMP electrical service

2. Tailgate package, with complete exterior kitchen with more storage than any other competitor with similar exterior kitchens. Tailgate Package includes a refrigerator, 3 drawer cabinet, LED lights, Quick Connect LP hose, easy to clean kitchen sink, silverware tray, wall mounted bottle opener, garbage bag holder, paper towel holder (grill no longer available)

3. Exterior entertainment center with HDTV with remote and speakers that tie into an audio center with Bluetooth connectivity

4. Inverter, 1,000 watt, for convenient use with exterior tailgate package and exterior entertainment center, as well as interior entertainment and rear bedroom household appliances

5. Rear bedroom HDTV

6. Microwave and convection oven

Includes the following factory installed options:

1. StudioLoft, powered with ladder, bringing total sleeping capacity to 8

2. Side video camera monitoring system, controlled by dedicated input for three security cameras, and also automatically controlled by the turn signal column

3. SiriusXM satellite radio

4. Powered driver seat and powered passenger seat with footrest

5. Auxiliary defroster fans

Includes the following exterior highlights:

1. 145 cubic feet of basement and exterior storage

2. 17 ft powered patio awning

3. 80 fuel capacity

4. 18 gallon LP capacity

5. Electric and LP water heater, 6 gallon, with electronic ignition on LP side

6. 50 amp electrical service

7. Dual 13,500 BTU high efficiency ducted air conditioners with ChillGrille quick cooling technology and heat kits, powered by upgraded 50 amp electrical service and a CumminsOnan 5,500 watt Microquiet generator

8. Dual deep cycle Group 24 RV batteries
Old 10-03-2022, 06:35 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Congrats on the new coach!

We picked up our 2021 WBGO Adventurer 29B in late March of 2021. After 18 months and 18,000 miles, here are a few of my observations:

First chassis addition was a Safe-T-Plus steering stabilizer. It helps a lot with centering the steering wheel, reducing "fidgiting" or wandering when driving and wind influence. Second chassis addition was Sumo Springs to the rear suspension. That reduced sway and wind influence but slightly harshened the ride quality. It was a reasonable trade-off. Otherwise, the chassis works pretty well. I just keep reminding myself that it's a truck. Also, I appreciate the tighter turning circle over our previous Class C. I also added a supplemental wireless camera monitor, which keeps the toad visible and helps me keep track of traffic behind me better.

Glad to have the Godzilla motor over the old V10. Seems to have more pep and we've had no major issues climbing or descending mountains from the Adirondacks to the Rockies. Sure, it's not a diesel, but still...

Thanks to this forum, I caught the "low differential oil" issue before going too far. I topped it up myself and went about 10,000 miles before being able to get it into a Ford dealer to R&R the differential per the recall. I never had the spark plug issue others have had -- perhaps because there is NO engine shroud on mine (?!) so it doesn't get as hot. I do keep the upgraded plug wires and will replace them at some point.

I added some sound-proofing to the inside of the dog house cover, but it seemed to make only a marginal difference to the interior noise level. Might add more sound-proofing to the underside of the cab area to see if that helps.

Average 7.5 MPG towing our 2020 Equinox through all types of terrain. The Equinox is an easy-towing vehicle. We use a Roadmaster tow set-up with a Stay-And-Play Duo braking system. Takes five minutes to hook-up or unhook. Only limitation is 65 MPH speed limit, which hasn't been a real issue.

Added five custom slide-out pantry shelves, which makes accessing those deep pantry areas easily usable (look up "Shelves That Slide"). Also added custom wire shelving in the closet to replace the hanging bar, along with LED stick-on lighting. We can now easily carry a month's worth of clothing for any climate. Adding a 3" memory foam topper to the mattress made the bed almost as good as our home bed. Love the 12 volt fridge -- we can pack several weeks worth of food in it with no problem.

Outside, I added supplemental catch wires to keep the compartment doors from flying open if the latches failed. Happened once.

Wife and I both like the induction cooktop and propane burner. The convection microwave gets the job done good enough. We usually cook in. Didn't think I'd use the outside kitchen much. Now I find myself using it all the time and grill outside often. Go figure.

We've found that the electric heat works well enough that propane heat isn't needed until it gets into the 30's outside.

All of the TV's are trash. I'm in the process of replacing them. Added a sound bar for the main TV along with a swivel mount to improve viewing angle. The Sony radio head unit has a flakey Android Auto connectivity issue which is a constant PITA. Replaced the cheap Jensen inside and outside speakers with upgraded units for better sound.

Yep, we've had a few QC issues: The dash AC lines were crossed and we had no dash AC for a while. Easy fix once discovered (thanks again to this forum). One of the Coleman Mach AC's lost a fan blade and had to be replaced. Front engine cover and grill almost came off when the glue failed -- used JB Weld epoxy and so far it's holding. Will also continue checking other glued-on items. Had a PEX water line spring a leak under the sink due to an improperly installed bracket pinched the line. The step motor failed and had to be replaced. A loose ground connection that cut 12 volt power to the coach drove me nuts for a while until I tracked it down.

I really like the automotive finish, it's easier to clean and keep clean. Love the floorplan and the big windows in the main lounge as well as the rear bedroom. The smaller size of the unit has enabled us to easily get into sites that we'd otherwise have to pass on, and it also helps when gassing up.

Things I'd really like WBGO to make standard: Steering stabilizer, better sound proofing, better sound system, better TV's, slide-out pantry shelving, quieter AC's, stainless steel bathroom sink, better QC.

Still, we're looking forward to many more miles and years in this one.
Old 10-03-2022, 08:26 AM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Great review - I'm curious how you mounted the swing mount. I just put in RecPro's theater seating in place of the couch and looking to make the TV a bit more angled and If possible come away from the wall toward the dinette.

And might, as you said, swap out to a 43" 4k while I'm at it.
Old 10-03-2022, 09:43 AM   #10
Winnebago Camper

reply to Hermes2

Wow, what a telling and helpful post! Thanks a lot!
You wrote that like an engineer might.

We WILL factor in your feedback about towing and driving stability. Before we make our grand trips out west and back up to Alaska, we WILL make such additions. We have a dedicated RV service (only) place here in Columbus Ga. that we like.

At first blush, the TV's are NOT what we expect at home from our LG's/Samsungs to be sure...but then they are also-ran at most hotels as well. We can live with the fixed position of "the den TV."

I am TRULY CURIOUS to see whether we get into the outside kitchen as you folks have. We DO plan to eat out a lot...a reason to see America is to check out all of those downhome places like Guy does (Food Network?).
Old 10-03-2022, 11:15 AM   #11
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLUSoCal View Post
Great review - I'm curious how you mounted the swing mount. I just put in RecPro's theater seating in place of the couch and looking to make the TV a bit more angled and If possible come away from the wall toward the dinette.

And might, as you said, swap out to a 43" 4k while I'm at it.
Installed a MOR/ryde TV1-021H TV mount in lounge area. Then added clip mounts top and bottom for extra security.

For main cabin stock ATYME 40" TV
35.8"W x 3.4"D x 20.9"H
14.6 lb.
Connections: 3 HDMI (1 ARC), Ant/Cable

Possible Replacements:

SAMSUNG 40-inch UN40N5200AFXZA
36.3"W x 2.9"D x 20.9"H
15.4 lb.

VIZIO 40-Inch D40f-J09
35.55"W x 2.6"D x 20.5"H
12.2 lb.

You'll give up one HDMI connection with the replacement. Anything larger than a 40" TV may hit the cabinets on the left and stick out into the passage on the right.
Old 10-03-2022, 12:04 PM   #12
Winnebago Owner

Thanks for the suggestion - that mount looks like it "latches" like the outside TV and would keep it in place during travel.

I looked at this one on Monoprice but thought that it might be a bad idea if it swings open during travel or slips on the TV mount that rests on rails - https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=8586
Old 10-06-2022, 01:24 PM   #13
Winnebago Camper

Smile how do y'all/you folks deal with winter on the road?

I was going to direct this to Hermes above, but will try a question to all who might be lurking here--

My wife and I do NOT want to go to Fairbanks in January.

Notwithstanding that abundance of caution, Hermes (same Adventurer 29B as we) noted earlier about using electric heat strips until it gets really cold, and then they turn on LP heat.

No matter how mild you HOPE that it might be, it can surely get colder than you plan for. It snows 12 MONTHS A YEAR in Yellowstone.

Anybody have advice on what to do if the temps might plunge below freezing (if only briefly) while you are on the road?

Seems like our unit is supposed to have heated holding tanks(?), but I have not yet read up on what that might mean as a practical matter.

As an example, we might head north (New England) in early March, say.
Boston has an average low in the 20's then. See my point in asking?

Thanx in advance for any weather-proofing wisdom!

~~~~~

Dang, I forgot to ask-- what is anybody doing to secure that catalytic converter?
Old 10-06-2022, 01:58 PM   #14
Site Team

Hi Oracle1,
Last question first: Just get a CatStrap to protect your Catalytic Converter. Here is how I installed mine.
The Grey & Black waste tank heaters give you protection down to about 22ºF.
You can purchase a self-heated fresh water supply hose.
Use rugs on the floor, and roof vent insulators.
Does your Adventurer have double-pane coach glass?
Get an insulated front windshield cover (the kind that goes on the outside.)
Thanks, Eagle5
Old 10-06-2022, 02:14 PM   #15
Winnebago Master

Quote:
I was going to direct this to Hermes above, but will try a question to all who might be lurking here--

My wife and I do NOT want to go to Fairbanks in January.

Notwithstanding that abundance of caution, Hermes (same Adventurer 29B as we) noted earlier about using electric heat strips until it gets really cold, and then they turn on LP heat.

No matter how mild you HOPE that it might be, it can surely get colder than you plan for. It snows 12 MONTHS A YEAR in Yellowstone.

Anybody have advice on what to do if the temps might plunge below freezing (if only briefly) while you are on the road?

Seems like our unit is supposed to have heated holding tanks(?), but I have not yet read up on what that might mean as a practical matter.

As an example, we might head north (New England) in early March, say.
Boston has an average low in the 20's then. See my point in asking?

Thanx in advance for any weather-proofing wisdom!

~~~~~

Dang, I forgot to ask-- what is anybody doing to secure that catalytic converter?
We had coach in Mountains in NW Arkansas and temp surprised us and drop to 20 degrees, I freaked out because we were NOT winterize and it was to cold to try. It was overnight and 72 degrees inside the RV, we left the next morning and as temperatures got above freezing I kept stopping to see if there was any freeze damage, there was None, but had the propane heater went out we would have been in trouble. Yes the waste tanks are heated.

Catstrap is my recommendation as mentioned above.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3; Roadmaster Nighthawk 676; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; Southwire EMS 44270/34951 Display 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
Old 10-07-2022, 03:14 PM   #16
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkoldman View Post
We had coach in Mountains in NW Arkansas and temp surprised us and drop to 20 degrees, I freaked out because we were NOT winterize and it was to cold to try.
This time of year we discuss this over and over and over yet once again.

It's takes a couple of days of consistently below freezing temps to cool down your RV's heavy chassis to even get close to freezing water in your pipes and tanks.

Overnight freezes even to low 20's are a danger for your city water hose freezing but nothing else. Freezing temps in the 20's for 30 to 36 hours straight you could start to be concerned. But when it's warming above freezing during the day you reset the clock all over again.

We camp at altitudes where freezes can happen over night in July and August - every single day for days on end. But the next day is 40 to 60 and the coach never gets cold enough to freeze anything.

It takes many days of consistently below freezing temps just to freeze a puddle of water on the ground. Your RV's thermal mass takes time to get that cold, too.
Old 10-07-2022, 10:17 PM   #17
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativepart View Post
This time of year we discuss this over and over and over yet once again.

It's takes a couple of days of consistently below freezing temps to cool down your RV's heavy chassis to even get close to freezing water in your pipes and tanks.

Overnight freezes even to low 20's are a danger for your city water hose freezing but nothing else. Freezing temps in the 20's for 30 to 36 hours straight you could start to be concerned. But when it's warming above freezing during the day you reset the clock all over again.

We camp at altitudes where freezes can happen over night in July and August - every single day for days on end. But the next day is 40 to 60 and the coach never gets cold enough to freeze anything.

It takes many days of consistently below freezing temps just to freeze a puddle of water on the ground. Your RV's thermal mass takes time to get that cold, too.
This post will go verbatim word for word in my RV SOP Guide I have been collecting for myself. I was scared stiff. The RV was in that hard Texas freeze but it was winterize BEFORE freeze set in.

I can't recall ever using City Water when traveling? We have 70 gal tank, that will last us a week!!!
Old 10-09-2022, 11:00 AM   #18
Winnebago Camper

more questions from a nubie Adventurer owner

Many thanx, folks (see Hermes and Eagle), for the perspicacious, cogent replies and advice!

A couple more questions for the experienced experts/wisemen! ----->

For Hermes, did you consider "Liquid Spring Smart Suspension," or perhaps pass for cost to do what you did instead for handling/suspension additions?
(I have a quote of ~ $2500 to effect the things you did including the parts).

I am learning, I think(?), that what fulltimers do to their RV's might sometimes be cost overkill for a couple who figures on a couple of months a year max on the road.

I saw above that the Chevy Equinox works as a dinghy-- would welcome anybody's advice about their dinghy car to pull behind a Ford F53 chassis(?)

We have in mind a Ford Escape Hybrid (which Ford says works), but there seems to be a delay even in ordering the Ford. Would love its 35 mpg...but cannot get it in 4WD to tow.

Thanx in advance, guys! RV people are SO NICE AND HELPFUL!
Old 10-12-2022, 02:33 PM   #19
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Many thanx, folks (see Hermes and Eagle), for the perspicacious, cogent replies and advice!

A couple more questions for the experienced experts/wisemen! ----->

For Hermes, did you consider "Liquid Spring Smart Suspension," or perhaps pass for cost to do what you did instead for handling/suspension additions?
(I have a quote of ~ $2500 to effect the things you did including the parts).

I am learning, I think(?), that what fulltimers do to their RV's might sometimes be cost overkill for a couple who figures on a couple of months a year max on the road.

I saw above that the Chevy Equinox works as a dinghy-- would welcome anybody's advice about their dinghy car to pull behind a Ford F53 chassis(?)

We have in mind a Ford Escape Hybrid (which Ford says works), but there seems to be a delay even in ordering the Ford. Would love its 35 mpg...but cannot get it in 4WD to tow.

Thanx in advance, guys! RV people are SO NICE AND HELPFUL!
I've heard good reviews about Liquid Springs, but in all seriousness, I could never justify the price of north of $10,000 for them. That would pay for a lot of traveling gas! After 18,000 miles I'm reasonably satisfied with the ride and handling (BTW, have you heard of the sway-bar recall on 2021-22 V8 models?) but will consider adding Koni shocks in another 20,000 miles.

We love the Equinox as a toad. Very easy five-minute set-up, connect and disconnect. We've the 2020 turbo awd model which is averaging 22.5 city and 28.5 hwy MPG. I'd download and check the owners' manual to be sure that 2022-23 models are still flat-towable. Check posts in the forum and you'll find comprehensive information on the set-up that works best.

Finally, regarding cold weather: I don't think that the WBGO 29B has tank heaters (at least I don't see any switches for them or anything about them in the manuals). We've only had one occasion when the fresh water line froze up on us overnight when it got in the 20's for a while. Took a couple of hours to warm it up for stowing! I agree that it would probably take days of sub-20 degree weather to freeze up lines or tanks inside the coach if you're keeping the coach warm. Frankly, I don't plan on trying to go camping in that kind of cold.
Old 10-14-2022, 03:57 AM   #20
Winnebago Camper

Wink many thanx AGAIN, Hermes!

A salient, articulate, cogent reply all around! I might have written that one myself! Gotta' agree about Liquid Springs...would be nice, but surely pricey. Am encouraged that you do not feel that the ride and handling in our Adventurer 29B are killing you w/o them.

I am contacting Chevrolet, but I believe (suspect) that the 1.5 turbo is unchanged for 2022 (and likely 2023).

Right now, am looking at that OR the 2023 Ford HYBRID Escape. Even ordering the latter has been delayed(?). If you deck them out nicely (the Chevy or Ford), they can run up to ~ $35k.

Anybody else got a rec for a small SUV toad/dinghy?

Tags
adventurer, vent