Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-14-2023, 03:39 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Infotainment center in new Forza or Journey?

Hi all, Does anyone know what radio they are putting in the new Forza or Journey?
Thanks.
Old 12-14-2023, 08:11 PM   #2
Site Team

Hi Joe,
From the on-line brochure, it appears to be this:
  • XiteŽ Radio 12.3" LCD color touch screen, Infotainment/GPS navigation system, radio/rearview monitor system, handheld remote, rear color camera, Sirius-XMŽ-ready, USB input
I found the photo below on the Winnebago Web Site.
Eagle5
Click image for larger version

Name:	UNTITLED.gif
Views:	27
Size:	154.9 KB
ID:	188071
Old 12-15-2023, 08:18 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

Over time and looking at lots of drawings for different RV, there is one thing that seems to often be open to having options and that is the radio/entertainment centers!
That is one of the things which has the most options because the electronic area is changing so rapidly!
That leaves me to guess that what you are asking will be open to too many questions until actually dealing with the sales process and possibly ordering the options you want.

Much like car shopping, RV can get tricky when we begin to price different units at different dealers. You may price "exactly the same" at one dealer and then find it cheaper at another. What you may not notice is the small stuff like what entertainment option you get!

This is part of the options list for a 2016 model that involves the radio/entertainment system. With this number available 7 years ago when we were kind of just beginning to add "gizmos", think of how many the newer models are likely to have?

With early and late year builds and so many options, I see no way to predict what each RV will have.
The only practical way I see to compare one RV with another and look at the small details , is to get the line item sheets for each and lay them side by side to check each line!
If you've looked at a car list, you can begin to imagine how many more options there can be when we add a whole house on top!

Having grown up around car dealership families, I know one of the tricks of the trade is to have a few that have few of the options and that allows you to honestly sell them cheaper than the guy in the next town who has more options on his.
When it hits the fan is when folks bring their cheaper version to the dealer selling the car with more options and complains about the quality of his cheap seats!
The same applies to RV but in spades! There is simply no way a normal person can walk through an RV and spot the options differences!

Click this snip to get a better view!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	options.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	188074  
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2023, 08:37 AM   #4
Site Team

The new Xite system in these two models use NavNGo (NNG) GPS instead of older units that used Rand McNally GPS maps. And I believe they also have Apple CarPlay and Android Auto now as well.

Xite is sold and supported by Riverpark. There are manuals, etc online.
Old 12-15-2023, 09:35 AM   #5
Winnie-Wise

My ‘22 Forza came with a Sony head unit. Not a fan.
Old 12-15-2023, 11:44 AM   #6
Site Team

Looking at the Brochures for each model, it doesn't look like the Journey and Forza have the same Infotainment system.

The Journey brochure states - as Eagle5 posted - the motorhome has the 12" Xite system.

The Forza cockpit image looks different than the Journey's and it's brochure just says:

Quote:
Radio/Rearview Monitor System w/9" LCD color touch screen, handheld remote, rear color camera, Sirius-XMŽ-ready, USB input, HDMI/MHL connectivity, Apple CarPlayŽ, Android AutoTM
Eagle5's post above shows the Journey dashboard with Xite system.

Here's the Forza's dashboard showing it's monitor, etc. It's obviously different than the Journey's system:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screenshot 2023-12-15 at 12.45.26 PM.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	197.3 KB
ID:	188075  
Old 12-15-2023, 01:28 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Thank you all for the replies. I have the Randy McNally now and understand they no longer support it. What is anyone doing about that? I don't want to add another GPS I like the way it is now. I guess I'm asking what unit they are using to replace it. I have a 2014 Itasca Meridian 40U. Or does it even matter?
Old 12-15-2023, 01:35 PM   #8
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItascaJoe View Post
Thank you all for the replies. I have the Randy McNally now and understand they no longer support it. What is anyone doing about that? I don't want to add another GPS I like the way it is now. I guess I'm asking what unit they are using to replace it. I have a 2014 Itasca Meridian 40U. Or does it even matter?
The Forza has CarPlay/Android Auto so any GPS compatible would work. I have a Garmin that I use though.
BirchyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2023, 03:37 PM   #9
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItascaJoe View Post
I have the Randy McNally now and understand they no longer support it. What is anyone doing about that?
You can buy a NavNgo (NNG) SD card from Riverpark for $250. This will replace your RAND SD card and you can use NNG going forward.

However, I did this a year ago and I really prefer the RAND GPS. So, I have kept my NNG SD card but never taken a trip with it yet. I found it so difficult to add my route and campgrounds to the NNG it makes the RAND system seem like butter.

All new Newmars, Entegra and Winnebago Journeys use the NNG software. Some folks on IRV2 like it well enough.

I used to use the RAND TripMaker website to plan all my trips and then import the whole trip to the SD card. The NNG system has no way to do that. They expect you to manually load each stop the morning before you leave. But now RAND has closed the TripMaker site entirely. So, I may be forced to switch to NNG one of these days.

NNG is a European system used all over the World. Their HQ is in Belgium, even. They are expanding to the US for the past 5 years or so and presumably it will get better.

It does come with a year of free maps - but some have had trouble getting them. You are supposed to download them on the Xite radio in your RV but having good internet is required. Some get map updates via a NNG webiste www.NaviExtras.com.
Old 12-16-2023, 02:48 PM   #10
Winnebago Owner

thank you so much for that info. I had no idea I could get that SD card. I will look into that.

Tags
journey