Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-27-2020, 03:47 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Heyyyyy,!, Full Timers!

Question for you guys, who do you use for insurance? USAA, said "nope!" LOL
TroutBum1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 05:47 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Have Progressive through USAA - recommend you seek multiple quotes with a careful 'apples to apples' comparison. Price is competitive - not the cheapest - have no claim experience in 5 years...
Old 04-27-2020, 09:26 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

State Farm.
Old 04-28-2020, 06:01 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

We did the Progessive through USAA too. I'm sorry they no longer do RV's and boats. We have progressive on our boat too (from Charter Lakes).
Old 04-28-2020, 10:46 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Another Progressive through USAA here. Loyal to USAA so far. Nonetheless, we comparison shop every year to the extent you can.

Several years ago, Progressive picked up about $8500 worth of repairs Cornerstone loop holed us on. Deep sixed Cornerstone.

Fair Winds and Following Seas
Oldchinahand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 04:45 PM   #6
Winnebago Watcher

Insurance

Idea and progress of raised my rates 100 when I moved. Found geico the best to work with
gkud1951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 04:56 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Progressive here too

Had a claim in the first few months we had our MH. Great service! Good pricing.
bwodom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 04:58 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Send a message via Skype™ to Yoders2Go
GEICO, multi vehicle group. We've been happy with them for 15 years 5 full-time RV years.
Yoders2Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 05:39 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

GEICO sells the policy, but I was under the impression another company services it, just as with their homeowners and watercraft policies. Do you know to whom they sell the policy?
theSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 05:59 PM   #10
Winnebago Master

All my cars have been with USAA for many, many years. For the motorhome we have been with Explorer RV since we started out in 2004. They are an insurance broker (write for several companies) and they find the best deal for you and your unique fit. Most of the time they have had us the National Interstate. They disappeared a year or so ago, and we are now with Safeco. I have tried a few times to get a better deal elsewhere, but have never found one.
Old 05-03-2020, 06:53 PM   #11
Winnebago Owner

Another USAA using Progressive for both RV's and Boats...It is what it is. We have had an RV claim (Nigerian National, no driver's license, no insurance, side swiped the RV in Houston TX.). Progressive was immediately responsive, kept in touch until we got home, and an adjuster came, and we were satisfied with the settlement.
thataway4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 07:16 PM   #12
Winnebago Watcher

We use National General for our 2016 Winnebago Forza 36G and the 2019 Fiat 500L.
They've been right on the spot when I needed them to replace the windshield on the Fiat (twice now)...and for fix a nasty chip in the RV windshield.
ramitchell13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 07:46 PM   #13
2015 Itasca Spirit 27QP

I do not recommend USAA/Progressive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoders2Go View Post
GEICO, multi vehicle group. We've been happy with them for 15 years 5 full-time RV years.
I got insured through GEICO earlier this year, changing from USAA/Progressive because of a simple windshield claim that took 9 months to resolve. They wanted me to drive into the city (Boston area) with the RV and would not come out to where I live and where the RV was undergoing some substantial work. So I found a glass place nearby that come to my location. Progressive kept refusing to pay the shop using different excuses every time he called. He then, after 9 months of this, threatened to sue me for the repair work. I called USAA directly, and explained they had better fix this issue, now! I had my car and house insured with USAA also, but cancelled as soon as the glass claim issue was resolved, in a day or two. I will NEVER insure with Progressive again.
JoeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 09:12 PM   #14
Winnebago Watcher

I had progressive several years ago. My body shop friend told me that progressive requires the body shop use after market parts that may be of lesser Quality than original
Z-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 09:33 PM   #15
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z-man View Post
I had progressive several years ago. My body shop friend told me that progressive requires the body shop use after market parts that may be of lesser Quality than original
I had been told the same by my body shop about Geico. Depending on the damage, they were going to recommend I run the claim through my insurance company and have them settle with Geico through subrogation.

Not sure who to believe on those stories.
theSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 07:16 AM   #16
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeC View Post
I got insured through GEICO earlier this year, changing from USAA/Progressive because of a simple windshield claim that took 9 months to resolve. They wanted me to drive into the city (Boston area) with the RV and would not come out to where I live and where the RV was undergoing some substantial work. So I found a glass place nearby that come to my location. Progressive kept refusing to pay the shop using different excuses every time he called. He then, after 9 months of this, threatened to sue me for the repair work. I called USAA directly, and explained they had better fix this issue, now! I had my car and house insured with USAA also, but cancelled as soon as the glass claim issue was resolved, in a day or two. I will NEVER insure with Progressive again.
I've been to Boston many times and find it incredible that Progressive would require you to drive into Boston with the RV. Trying to maneuver the city streets much less find parking would require Houdini. Simply amazing. They were playing you big time and probably laughing about it. So sorry to hear this.
Old 05-04-2020, 09:04 AM   #17
Winnebago Master

I also have Progressive via USAA. I haven't had any accident claims but did have to use the tow service which went well given the timing and location.

I'm in a somewhat unique situation in that I have an older (2002) MH with a much newer $15k wheelchair lift installed. Progressive had no problem with insuring me for a "declared value" above what my MH would have otherwise spec'd out at.

I've been insured with USAA, as an AF dependent first, and then under my own auspices since I started driving in 1964. They've been stellar. Even though USAA isn't the insurer, it gives me some confidence that Progressive is their subcontractor if I have a problem.
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 09:47 AM   #18
Lee & Sandy DeFord

We have Foremost. We've only had our rig since Oct 2019. No claims yet.
Sandy D. is offline   Reply With Quote