Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-31-2022, 08:58 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Glide and Dine

Our new-to-us 2016 Winnebago Adventurer 37F has a Glide and Dine table. After a year of enjoying our RV, we accidentally discovered it pulls out (and finally answered the question of what that flat piece of extra wood was for, lol! ).

Now we are wondering if there is a way to get it out of the way when the slides are in? We travel with two Great Pyrenees dogs, and that passageway is tight no matter where we "glide" it! We have considered trying to hinge it somehow so that it can fold out of the way, but can't really determine how it would work.

Has anybody made any modifications to theirs so that it folds out of the way, or knows of a way to easily release it from the rails? We don't want to get rid of it permanently - just while on the road.
lisaspieces1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 01:58 PM   #2
Site Team

I saw an Adventurer at my local RV repair shop that had modified the entire setup.

First, they totally removed the table and put wood trim over the metal glide/lock track so that a very nice buffet was all that was seen. Next, they had put two round table leg mounts on the floor in front of the sofa. They made two smaller individual tables that could be set up like TV trays in front of the sofa using those locking floor mounts. When not in use the tables and legs were put in storage.

I never thought of my RV repair shop as a furniture modification place but they had done a very nice job.

We like our Glide and Dine setup, but the extra room was pretty sweet.

This is for a boat and is much larger - but the photo will give you an idea of what the floor mount, leg and tables kind of looked like:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-05-31 at 3.01.26 PM.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	101.7 KB
ID:	183011  
Old 05-31-2022, 03:16 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

That might be a good workaround. If the tables were large enough, we could utilize them for larger dinner parties by using the chairs on the opposite side from the couch.

Coming up with the trim color for the buffet might be hard - I think we have the only Adventurer in the world with the gray/driftwood color cabinets. They are beautiful but definitely not an easy color to match. I wonder if I could attach the trim with velcro so I could put the glide and dine table back when it was time for resale. Of course, this assumes I can figure out how to remove it in the first place!
Old 05-31-2022, 03:33 PM   #4
Site Team

I have never seen that gray/driftwood coloring for the cabinets - it sounds lovely! We have the more common light colorerd wood trim. Like this photo:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	RV-inside-1.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	129.4 KB
ID:	183012  
Old 05-31-2022, 04:00 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

I think the 2016-2017 Adventurer looks beautiful in any color, especially the intricate moldings. I've never tried attaching anything, but I'll try to attach two pictures of "Gracie" to show you the color.

Name:	Winnebago cabinets 3.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	81.5 KB
ID:	183016

Name:	Winnebago cabinets.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	87.3 KB
ID:	183017
Old 05-31-2022, 04:57 PM   #6
Site Team

So cool thanks!

Winnebago really had a winner with the 2016-2017 Adventurer. What a great RV.