Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-31-2022, 05:08 PM   #1
JDT
Winnebago Watcher

Fuse for dash A/C 1995 Winnebago Itasca..

Bought it in Las Vegas, NV. about 10 months ago, and drove it to Victoria, Texas.. all was good til we arrived in Victoria and I heard a fuse pop and lost A/C in the dash.. I have looked all over for that fuse, under the panel by the steering wheel, opened the so called hood and looked in there, then I read that it may be underneath the drivers side fender.. real confused at this point.. Please Help…
JDT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 06:49 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

I would go back under the hood to look for the fuses that power much of the things that are on the normal truck as those are often done by the chassis builders before Winnebago set the RV on top.
Have you found the set which does wipers, headlights, horn, etc? I would expect the dash air to be in with them. It might also have a set of labels stamped inside the cover??
Maybe hard to spot as they tend to make it ALL black!
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2022, 04:24 PM   #3
JDT
Winnebago Watcher

Thank you, I’ll have another look..
JDT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2022, 07:19 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

As a small pointthat can get to be big, there is some info that you will need if/when you get more into needing specific info on the RV.

Winnebago and Itasca are both kind of "groups"of RV and each group has lots of models in different versions and different lengths!
So when you get into needing info on your specific RV, you will need to tell folks which of many RV you have.

One place tofind that info may beon a labelnear or around the drivers seat and gives all kinds of info that may be needed at some point. One thing beyond knowing which model andlength or model number is the build date or serial number as they often have made early and late models in the same year!

Give this list a look and you will see what I mean:
https://catalog3d.winnebagoind.com/menu/Parts.htm

Lots and lots of choices if you need something on your specific RV as they change frequently, far more than cars do! Also as a point to keepin mind, RV are often built on a chassis which is ordered by the RV builders and that may be a year older than the "official" year of the RV. A 1995 may actually be riding on a 1994, so if you want to replace something like brake pads, you need to know that it may be for a Ford F53, etc but for a 1994!

Sometimes tricky to pin down exact info so if you went to an auto parts store for a book on the chassis to find help on fuses, knowing which chassis and what year is going to be important.

Good luck on the chase!
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
dash, fuse, itasca, winnebago