Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-06-2021, 10:12 AM   #1
ibdrillin

Auto Leveling help

I just used the leveling feature on my 2019 Winnebago intent 29L. The system said it was successful, but one of the Jack’s is not all the way to the ground. Is that normal ? Or do they all have to extend to the ground for stability? This has never happened so I wasn’t sure
ibdrillin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 10:30 AM   #2

My older HWH system levels side-to-side first, then front-to-back.

If you coach is level as-is, then I suppose it is okay for the system to turn off and that may leave a jack only partially down, but I don't know for sure?

Is you coach level? If so, wait until your next stop and see if that questionable jack goes all the way down.
imnprsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 10:41 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

My manual, but still a Winnebago, states that after leveling sometimes all the jacks may not be down and to manually extend them until all jacks are touching the ground. Check the manual.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 11:49 AM   #4

Maybe your fluid level is low?

...Maybe it's time to check for leaks too?

Note: If you have slides you need to know what configuration you slides should be in before you check your fluid level. For example, in my 2004 Itasca Horizon 40AD, which has 3-slides by HWH, I'm supposed to extend the passenger slide first, and then check the fluid level in the HWH reservoir.

I asked HWH about the the reason for this, and they told me the passenger slide actually puts fluid BACK into the tank when you extend it. (Good to know... and contrary to what I would expect when you extend something.)

Also, while we are on this subject, if you find your slide-outs work properly, but your jacks will not go down, and you hear your motor "free wheeling" then you might find this is a Shuttle Valve problem and it's time to replace it.
imnprsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 11:54 AM   #5
ibdrillin

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnprsd View Post
Maybe your fluid level is low?

...Maybe it's time to check for leaks too?

Note: If you have slides you need to know what configuration you slides should be in before you check your fluid level. For example, in my 2004 Itasca Horizon 40AD, which has 3-slides by HWH, I'm supposed to extend the passenger slide first, and then check the fluid level in the HWH reservoir.

I asked HWH about the the reason for this, and they told me the passenger slide actually puts fluid BACK into the tank when you extend it. (Good to know... and contrary to what I would expect when you extend something.)

Also, while we are on this subject, if you find your slide-outs work properly, but your jacks will not go down, and you hear your motor "free wheeling" then you might find this is a Shuttle Valve problem and it's time to replace it.
Thanks. I’ll get it checked. My manual says the auto level system should ground all the jacks when done. But it left that one high. I was able to manually extend it to the ground , but worries me that something is going on
ibdrillin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 02:56 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

I found immediately after purchasing my INTENT 26m that the auto level is less than adequate. I learned manual mode and never looked back.
Manually leveling is much faster, more accurate, and will not lift the coach any higher than necessary. Auto level was always trying to compensate for its last bad adjustment, which means you just keep getting higher off the ground.

To go into manual mode, turn on the system and press the up arrow once, then press enter.

You should park so the front is lower than the rear to keep the rear wheels/parking brake firmly planted.
I typically raise the front, then the rear, and side to side. Then adjust slightly to be sure all feet are planted.
While press/hold the front, one jack will move until it makes contact, then the next will move til contact. Then they will both move at the same time.
Same for the rear.
The front acts as a pair, and use the rear side arrows to level side to side.

I hope this makes sense. Practice will help. I’ve had the front we’ll over a foot off the ground using blocks under the jacks to get the needed extension.

Tags
leveling