Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Heating, Cooling and Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-02-2022, 12:14 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

What size A/C in 2022 MM 2100BH?

How can you tell if your camper has a 15K or a 13K air conditioner? I've checked all the manuals and papers that came with the camper but no information about the air conditioner.
My camper is a 2022 - 2100BH
grogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2022, 12:29 PM   #2
Site Team

Generally, the brochure will state the BTU of the A/C unit. If 13.5K is standard and 15K is optional then the "sticker" showing pricing and optional equipment will detail it if the 15K is an included option.

Here's specs for a 2022 Micro Minnie 2100BH:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-01-02 at 1.31.36 PM.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	154.5 KB
ID:	181592  
Old 01-02-2022, 12:35 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativepart View Post
Generally, the brochure will state the BTU of the A/C unit. If 13.5K is standard and 15K is optional then the "sticker" showing pricing and optional equipment will detail it if the 15K is an included option.
There was no sticker with the camper; I've looked through every piece of paper that came with the camper; but no sticker. I will contact the dealer tomorrow. Thanks Creativepart; you are so helpful.
Old 01-02-2022, 12:38 PM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by grogers View Post
There was no sticker with the camper; I've looked through every piece of paper that came with the camper;
Look in your sales documents - it should be with the Bill of Sale, etc.

PS. I moved your question out of the other member's thread on adding a second A/C unit to his different TT.
Old 01-02-2022, 02:36 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Look in your sales documents - it should be with the Bill of Sale, etc.

PS. I moved your question out of the other member's thread on adding a second A/C unit to his different TT.
I've looked through all my documents that the dealer gave me as well as the manual and other stuff that was in the red bag in the camper. No sales documents other than the sales tax form that I take to the "thiefs" to get plates. Oh well; no big deal at this point as I will see the dealer tomorrow. I only live 2 miles from him. Again thanks for your help my friend.
Old 01-02-2022, 03:22 PM   #6
Site Team

Did you pay cash or finance part of the purchase? Do you have an official Bill of Sale? All you have is the sales tax form????

I'm not up on all things towable at Winnebago. So, maybe this isn't possible. But, do you have a serial number that you can refer to and call Winnebago to get them to send you a copy of the trailer's factory order slip?

Without a "sticker" or factory order slip how could you know what the official MSRP price was for your TT? The dealer could make up any MSRP number he wants and tell you that he's giving you a big discount off of MSRP.

Maybe that's what he did and doesn't want you to realize it.
Old 01-02-2022, 04:35 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Did you pay cash or finance part of the purchase? Do you have an official Bill of Sale? All you have is the sales tax form????

I'm not up on all things towable at Winnebago. So, maybe this isn't possible. But, do you have a serial number that you can refer to and call Winnebago to get them to send you a copy of the trailer's factory order slip?

Without a "sticker" or factory order slip how could you know what the official MSRP price was for your TT? The dealer could make up any MSRP number he wants and tell you that he's giving you a big discount off of MSRP.

Maybe that's what he did and doesn't want you to realize it.
I've sent a message with the VIN number to Winnebago asking them about the AC. Before buying the camper I looked all over the internet to see what the 2100BH were going for and the price I paided was very good. I'll check tomorrow with the dealer and let you know what I find out.
Old 01-02-2022, 05:11 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

If it is like mine (2108TB), remove the air filter cover and air filter on the AC unit. Get a flashlight, and look straight up inside the unit. You should see a sticker showing model number, serial number, and among other things, the BTU rating of the unit. I was pleasantly surprised to find that mine was a 15,000 BTU unit.
SalE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 08:11 AM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalE View Post
If it is like mine (2108TB), remove the air filter cover and air filter on the AC unit. Get a flashlight, and look straight up inside the unit. You should see a sticker showing model number, serial number, and among other things, the BTU rating of the unit. I was pleasantly surprised to find that mine was a 15,000 BTU unit.
Thanks for the information; maybe mine is a 15000 BTU too. Hope so.
Old 01-03-2022, 05:57 PM   #10
Winnebago Owner

I went to the dealer today and got a spec sheet for my 2100BH. My AC is a 13000BTU.
Old 01-03-2022, 09:19 PM   #11
Site Team

Quote:
My AC is a 13000BTU.
Maybe it's a typo, but generally the two main sizes are 15,000 btu and 13,500 btu. Of course, there are exceptions to everything. So, do you have 13K ro 13.5K? It might help in the future to be aware of what you really have.
Old 01-04-2022, 05:11 AM   #12
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalE View Post
I was pleasantly surprised to find that mine was a 15,000 BTU unit.
Mine is also, although I think it's a bit overpowered for the size of the trailer. Very loud and blows a little too hard.

Anyone else feel the same way?
Old 01-04-2022, 01:26 PM   #13
Winnebago Camper

In Arizona, there is no such thing as an overpowered AC unit... ;-)
SalE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2022, 07:26 PM   #14
Winnebago Owner

Found out the AC is 13.5K. I'm learning a lot about this camper. Should have been more cautious and aware of things before I made the purchase. I've wanted to buy a camper but my wife has been very reluctant. Last month on a nice day I got her to just go out and look at a few. We had not plans to buy one. After going thru a few by ourselves my wife really like the 2100BH with the slide out couch. A salesman came out and invited us in to see what kind of deal we could get. Of course I was really skeptical thinking that the price would be around $35,000. I told him I wanted a no-dicker price thinking they would never come close to what I was willing to pay. Well to my surprise they came back with a deal that was $1,000 less than what I was willing to pay. So with my wife's agreement we bought the camper. Now we have a new camper that we can not use due to the weather. Also I'm finding out this camper has a lot of new things (solar, coverter, ect) that we do not understand. I'm not a tech, mechanical kind of person so it will be a struggle for awhile. Sometimes I wonder if we bit off more than we can chew but time will tell. It will certainly be a new venture for both of us. I really appreciate the help and advise I get from fellow site members. I will need it for sure.
Old 01-04-2022, 09:01 PM   #15
Site Team

grogers... you'll do fine. Is there much to learn? Yes, but it will be fun and once you start using the TT and find out how much fun it is to use you'll forget all about the "struggle." And, you'll learn new things which is always a good thing at any age.

Just take it a step at a time and have fun.
Old 01-04-2022, 09:19 PM   #16
Winnebago Owner

creativepart......thanks for the encouragement; will probably be seeking your help and advise from time to time; can hardly wait till spring.
Old 01-09-2022, 06:48 PM   #17
bkg
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
I went to the dealer today and got a spec sheet for my 2100BH. My AC is a 13000BTU.
Is that a true "spec" sheet or the order sheet - what was ordered and installed on your trailer? Typically the spec sheet is the standard equipment list, not the actual build list.

However, worth pointing out, your Winnebago manual packet should include specific information; model and serial numbers of the installed appliances: TV, microwave, A/C, battery charger/converter, inverter, ect.
This is for warranty registration and notification for recalls. Winnebago typically has this information and files it with each VIN they build. For example; should Norcold have a recall on a particular refrigerator unit, they only know it was sold to Winnebago, Winnebago usually can track which units the refrigerator was installed.

If you truly don't have this list in your packet, you should then build your own list and register your items.
I had 2 items that had recalls for my unit. My first notice came from Winnebago then from Carefree - regarding the recall of my awning powerhead. My second recall came straight from Norcold regarding the thermostat on my refrigerator then one a month later from Winnebago regarding the wiring of the refrigerator and the in-line fuse.

I state all this out to say that if you have that list; your A/C model number should be on that list. You can verify the BTU size from there.

Bobby
Old 01-09-2022, 08:56 PM   #18
Winnebago Owner

Every RV has a piece of paper with all model and serial numbers of just about every component. You will find it inside one of your cabinets or the wardrobe.

You can also climb up on your roof and look at the label of your AC unit. On most of them you can see the label through the cooling slots of the cover.

Retired "Quiet Professional". Lifetime HSUS and ASPCA member and supporter.
71_340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 11:00 PM   #19
Winnebago Owner

Look at the tag on the air conditioner. That should have the information you need.
09 harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 05:28 AM   #20
Winnebago Camper

RE: Rock-roll.
I do. Living in central OH I feel the 15K is overkill. Not that I’ve experienced a 13.5K but my 15 is loud! Cools the relatively small TT down quickly but my genny feels the cycling for sure. We live and we learn.
Mono2 is offline   Reply With Quote