Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Heating, Cooling and Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-06-2022, 09:18 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Want upgrade for RVComfort.HP, ColemanMach thermostat

My existing thermostat slide switches are giving me problems so I'm considering an upgrade to digital.

Base function: Existing thermostat is RVComfort.HP, ColemanMach.
It's for heat pump heating and cooling plus LP gas heating.
There is a fan only switch but the Hi-Lo fan switch doesn't appear to do anything.
My Sightseer requires only a single zone.
There are seven wiring connections.

Additional features I would like are one (1) of the following:
1) A clock controlled On-Off function (to turn it off at night and on in the morning)
2) WiFi control by smart phone, or
3) Bluetooth control by smart phone

My internet searches are not coming up with any that meet the base requirement and any of the additional features.

Any suggestions of manufacturers and models are greatly appreciated.
David_Laura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2022, 11:30 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Keep me posted I would love to get a digital set up for my 09 Journey
HollywoodGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2022, 02:09 PM   #3
Proud “No Intent” Owner

I installed this one and love it.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 04-13-2022, 04:54 PM   #4
Winnebago owner

You should be able to locate one here....

https://www.microair.net/products/ea...-rv-thermostat

I put one in my 2015 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q, it has WiFi or Bluetooth, and can be operated with your smartphone. You can set up a schedule and it is a remarkable upgrade to the RVI thermostat that came on my RV.

You can find your replacement at the URL I posted.
Old 04-14-2022, 06:13 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by pubtime View Post
You should be able to locate one here....

I put one in my 2015 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q, it has WiFi or Bluetooth, and can be operated with your smartphone. You can set up a schedule and it is a remarkable upgrade to the RVI thermostat that came on my RV.

You can find your replacement at the URL I posted.

I have the Easy Touch 354. There is no comparison to the old ZC thermostat.
For example. We were in TX helping my DW's sister after her husband died. We left the coach in AL at her mom's house. While in TX I would regularly check the coach HVAC status with the Micro-Air app on my phone and make adjustments if needed.
On the face of the 354, and all other models as I understand it, you not only get the room temperature but the outside temperature and basic weather conditions is displayed to boot!

In my case, I have set the coach up with three zones. It has three rooftop heatpumps. I set the front unit controller to zone 3. The 354 will allow me to use one of the units as a dehumidifier when the humidity is high and I need heat. I can also run one in fan only when I have heat. This keeps the room temperature more stable.
Bottom line? I am a very happy camper with the 354 controlling my coach environment.
Micro-Air is new to RV thermostats of this nature as far as I know. They are still working out a few bugs but the tech support is fantastic. I think the OP will be very happy if they choose to go this route.
Happy trails.... Rick Y
Old 04-14-2022, 04:21 PM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Following......
Old 04-14-2022, 10:35 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

I too would like to know if you find an upgrade. We've got the same heatpump setup

Looking forward to our next Chapter!!
TheArthurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2022, 09:20 PM   #8
Bill 37F

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerichorick View Post

I have the Easy Touch 354. There is no comparison to the old ZC thermostat.
For example. We were in TX helping my DW's sister after her husband died. We left the coach in AL at her mom's house. While in TX I would regularly check the coach HVAC status with the Micro-Air app on my phone and make adjustments if needed.
On the face of the 354, and all other models as I understand it, you not only get the room temperature but the outside temperature and basic weather conditions is displayed to boot!

In my case, I have set the coach up with three zones. It has three rooftop heatpumps. I set the front unit controller to zone 3. The 354 will allow me to use one of the units as a dehumidifier when the humidity is high and I need heat. I can also run one in fan only when I have heat. This keeps the room temperature more stable.
Bottom line? I am a very happy camper with the 354 controlling my coach environment.
Micro-Air is new to RV thermostats of this nature as far as I know. They are still working out a few bugs but the tech support is fantastic. I think the OP will be very happy if they choose to go this route.
Happy trails.... Rick Y
I also have the Easytouch 354 and I am very happy with the wifi - Bluetooth functionality. The unit was plug compatable with my 2011 37f so installation was very easy.
Old 04-15-2022, 11:30 PM   #9
Proud “No Intent” Owner

That easy touch thermostat blows away the one I posted above.
RVGeeks does a nice YouTube video about it. And they give you a code for $15.00 off.

https://youtu.be/sVOdPsBMxUw
Old 04-16-2022, 09:31 AM   #10
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adven2011w24 View Post
I also have the Easytouch 354 and I am very happy with the wifi - Bluetooth functionality. The unit was plug compatable with my 2011 37f so installation was very easy.
I'm having one small glitch with mine. When I turn off a zone from the app it seems to turn its self back on!

I set things up last night. Zone 3 for cool/heat at 67* and zone 2 off. About a half hour after we went to bed the zone 2 unit kicked on!!!??? I shut it off at the t-stat. This has happened several times.
Any ideas?
Old 05-02-2022, 06:45 PM   #11
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyatt View Post

That will not work on a basement or roof heat pump, it states cooling only..
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2022, 06:53 PM   #12
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_Laura View Post
My existing thermostat slide switches are giving me problems so I'm considering an upgrade to digital.

There is a fan only switch but the Hi-Lo fan switch doesn't appear to do anything.

1) A clock controlled On-Off function (to turn it off at night and on in the morning)

My internet searches are not coming up with any that meet the base requirement and any of the additional features.

If you can find this obsolete Ecobee SI smart thermostat it works fine on a basement heat pump. https://www.thermostatforums.com/sho...12-VDC-control)
The current Ecobee thermostats are model 3 lite and a model 4, both are 24VDC though.They may be controlled by a smart phone app from Ecobee.

Then this modification: https://www.janeandjohn.org/pages/Ecobee1.html

I monitored my home temperature daily and made adjustments via my smart phone while away.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2022, 07:15 AM   #13
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_Laura View Post

Take a closer look at the Micro-Air EasyTouch thermostats. These are standard features with no modifications for power requirements.

Under Which model do I need answer the questions and it will guide you to the thermostat that will directly replace what you have now. Simple installation.

One suggestion. Set the options before turning on any zone then do the updates as per the instructions.
Old 05-03-2022, 12:09 PM   #14
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
That will not work on a basement or roof heat pump, it states cooling only..
Have to look beyond the Amazon page I posted. That was for the one I bought. They’re entire line up is here…

https://www.airxcel.com/rv/coleman-m...al-thermostats
Old 05-04-2022, 09:30 AM   #15
Winnebago Owner

This is great! One question is how do I know if our 05 ItascaMeridian has 1 or 2 stage Water/Gas Heating? See photo
BTW we have Basement Cooling (2 stage)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20220504-082615_Chrome.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	131.9 KB
ID:	182737  
TheArthurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 01:07 PM   #16
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArthurs View Post
This is great! One question is how do I know if our 05 ItascaMeridian has 1 or 2 stage Water/Gas Heating? See photo
I believe on there asking you if it’s one or two stages they’re not referring to the water heater but rather referring to your AC/fan motor capabilities.
Old 05-05-2022, 07:36 AM   #17
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArthurs View Post
According to the Meridian '05 brochure you have a heatpump and gas furnace only.

Micro-Air makes thermostats that fit a wider range of RV options. Just answer the questions that fit your rig. If "NONE" is a valid choice, use it.
If all else fails, contact Tech Support. They are eager to help.

Tags
thermostat, upgrade