Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Heating, Cooling and Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-04-2022, 08:40 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

A/C Issue 2022 Micro Minnie

So I bought a new 2022 micro minnie during the winter, drove it 6 miles from the dealership to store it and drove it 6 miles back to have them de-wimterize it. We then went on our first trip …2 miles from our house, and the AC didn’t blow cold. We brought it back to the dealership and they diagnosed the AC and determined the compressor was drawing 53 amps and needed to be replaced…my concern is 1. How could they let a new RV out of the manufacturer’ or Dealership without checking the AC?
2. What do I do if they have a serious issue with the unit/part being on back order?
I’m wondering what legal recourse I have or if Winnebago will do whatever they can to expedite the part to the dealership.

Thoughts ?
Pmclh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 10:16 PM   #2
Site Team

Hi Pmclh,
1.) Perhaps both Winnebago and the Dealership assume the units are good from the Air Conditioner supplier. You did mention that it was winter, so I'm not sure an Air Conditioner will cycle on when it is very cold.
2) If the replacement Air Conditioner is on back order, I don't see that you have much choice but to live without it for a while.
Anybody can sue anybody for anything, but I would give the dealership a chance to get this fixed for you.
Welcome to the forum.
Eagle5
Old 05-04-2022, 11:16 PM   #3
Proud “No Intent” Owner

When we bought our new 2018 RV, an Intent, I had read there were issues with the AC on these units.
So I made sure to tell the dealer that I would not take possession of it, if after I flew down 450 miles to get it, if the AC wasn’t fixed, or working.

When we arrived, the AC seemed warmer than it should be, but we were reassured that it was only because it was 102* out, which it’s was.
On the 450 mole drive home, it was unbearable, even with the coach AC on.

Took it too a local shop, found a bad evaporator.

Called Winnebago, gave them my VIN, and they said, that the recall was never done!

Winnebago said that I had to take it back to the dealer, 450 miles away to have them fix it. I said that’s BS they sold me this and induced me into a sale through fraud. I said I never would’ve bought the unit had I known this and I am now going to return it and get my money back.

That got their attention. Winnebago then said that they would ship the unit Federal Express overnight to anywhere I wanted to have it installed which was done the next week.

I’m not saying your issues the same but I would look into it and see what your options are.
Old 05-05-2022, 08:16 AM   #4
Site Team

So, sorry for your issue. I do hope it gets resolved right away.

This illustrates, once again, why we stress so strongly that buyers fully test all systems before accepting a RV they are about to purchase and that we strongly suggest that upon completing the purchase they immediately go camping/using the RV for a few days. Problems turned up within a day or two of purchase always receive more prompt attention from the selling dealership.