Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Heating, Cooling and Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-27-2023, 11:27 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

via view reyo cook top cover

Broke the cook top glass cover any ideas of where i can get a new one?

Thanks in advance
John
johnboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2023, 12:23 PM   #2
Site Team

I would assume that the cooktop cover came from the manufacturer of the cooktop. I also assume that you're talking one of those glass folding covers over the Propane burners.

Can you determine what brand of cooktop you have?

If you took the time to tell us the YEAR, Model and Floorplan of your RV we could guide you to a parts list for your RV. Without that info, we can't do much. You'll find that anytime you ask for info we're going to ask you this question.
Old 04-27-2023, 07:03 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

John, you don't say what year Via/Reyo/View you are working on but my 2011 Via has a Dometic-Cramer cooktop made in Slovakia which basically means parts are real hard to get. You can try Panther RV who might have a lead on the top and if not you can buy the whole cooktop from them for $349: https://pantherrvproducts.com/2br-1066049/

Curious how it broke, I am always fearful that we will open a cabinet and a mug will fall out and shatter the CT or sink cover. I've also heard of folks leaving a burner on when closed, turning the burners off all the way is somewhat counter-intuitive on these CTs. I did find a cutting board on Amazon that fits perfectly over the sink turned one way or the CT turned the other way, I put rubber feet on it and it never so much as moves when we are travelling which might be an option for you. I'll post a few pics of the Dometic-Cramer and my cutting board improvement. If you are interested let me know and I will search my Amazon orders for the right board.

PS: The Panther link I provided shows the glass cover for $175 but out of stock.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Cramer.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	160.1 KB
ID:	185779   Click image for larger version

Name:	20220308_150444.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	343.5 KB
ID:	185780  

Name:	ct.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	328.9 KB
ID:	185781   Click image for larger version

Name:	in plaace.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	278.2 KB
ID:	185782  

Old 04-27-2023, 07:08 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Googling the Dometic-Kramer part number they show up all over the place but the cost is over half what a whole new cooktop costs https://www.google.com/search?q=dome...&ie=UTF-8#ip=1 There is one further down the page on ebay for $166 and also a whole new cooktop for $249
Old 04-27-2023, 08:52 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Looking at the parts catalog, I'm seeing that glass top as this:
Click for better view!

Name:	top.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	185783

Armed with that specific part number, 165243-01-700, I would then go on a search from any folks who deal Winnebago or even non-Winnebago parts and see if I could drum up the best price/shipping option!

One way to search as a starter is entering just the part number. But calling can work better at times!

Many of the smallish parts are not made for only Winnebago but may fit several, so it can pay pretty big bucks to do a total search??
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2023, 07:03 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morich View Post
Looking at the parts catalog, I'm seeing that glass top as this:
Click for better view!

Attachment 185783

Armed with that specific part number, 165243-01-700, I would then go on a search from any folks who deal Winnebago or even non-Winnebago parts and see if I could drum up the best price/shipping option!

One way to search as a starter is entering just the part number. But calling can work better at times!

Many of the smallish parts are not made for only Winnebago but may fit several, so it can pay pretty big bucks to do a total search??
Why screw around with Winnebago and Winnebago part numbers when the search results I posted by using the manufacturer's part number 1053136279 comes up with 15 hits?
Old 04-28-2023, 07:26 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

Why not?
I feel better if I look at all the alternates when shopping!
I loook at RV repair as a search and if I'm searching, I rarely rule out any alternate until it is tried!

Why did you post that it was too expensive if you felt it was not a good idea to go there?

I often post altetrnates and expect the OP to choose what THEY like, far more than expect them to like what I like!
Is the first answer the only answer that you like?
Old 04-28-2023, 07:31 AM   #8
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Why not?
I feel better if I look at all the alternates when shopping!
I loook at RV repair as a search and if I'm searching, I rarely rule out any alternate until it is tried!

Why did you post that it was too expensive if you felt it was not a good idea to go there?

I often post altetrnates and expect the OP to choose what THEY like, far more than expect them to like what I like!
Is the first answer the only answer that you like?
Because googling the Winnebago part number doesn't bring any results. Have you found better, cheaper parts from a dealer than online direct purchase? Just curious.
Old 04-28-2023, 07:36 AM   #9
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigb View Post
Because googling the Winnebago part number doesn't bring any results
But it was a helpful effort on a member’s part to help the OP. That never needs explaining nor questioning.

I’m sure the OP appreciates both of your efforts helping solve his problem.
Old 04-28-2023, 07:42 AM   #10
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativepart View Post
But it was a helpful effort on a member’s part to help the OP. That never needs explaining nor questioning.

I’m sure the OP appreciates both of your efforts helping solve his problem.
I'm not trying to be rude, things just don't always come out right in text. I am truly curious about calling around to dealers vs cutting out the middleman and ordering direct on the internet. Can it be a cheaper/better experience? For me it definitely was not but just curious if for others it was.
Old 04-28-2023, 09:08 AM   #11
Winnebago Master

From my view, there are never enough places to shop on a part that is this old and used so many different places on different RV.
When I suggest shopping, there may be tiny little places hiding under a rock somewhere that has that part hanging on the shelf from years back!

If we have different part numbers or different brand names, it doubles the odds of finding that one really cheap item that may have several different names or numbers.
If it were a new, very special item with only one source, that source may be the only place to buy, but I would always suggest looking if we want the best price.

How long to look and how much we want to shop is often just a personal decision, rather than a solid red line. That certainly doesn't mean that I am going to do that search for the OP, as my priorities are likely different than the person with the problem.

Looking for parts is like an Easter egg hunt to me. When I hunt eggs, I look under the bush but I also look behind the rocks! Many folks only look under the bushes and that is fine with me and I would rarely tell them not to do it their way.

I find some really good prices at places I would never think to have the part.
One of my better finds was while wandering around a store I picked up a really odd part and asked the dealer how he happened to have it.
He had no idea where it came from or even what it fit, so we settled on five dollars as a way to get it out of his face!

For my part, I got a chance to replace the really ugly piece of flashing I was using but too broke to pay in the $40 dollar range at the time!

Now I have lots more money but I also have lots more time!
Old 04-29-2023, 06:55 PM   #12
Winnebago Master

Quote:
From my view, there are never enough places to shop on a part that is this old and used so many different places on different RV.
When I suggest shopping, there may be tiny little places hiding under a rock somewhere that has that part hanging on the shelf from years back!

If we have different part numbers or different brand names, it doubles the odds of finding that one really cheap item that may have several different names or numbers.
If it were a new, very special item with only one source, that source may be the only place to buy, but I would always suggest looking if we want the best price.

How long to look and how much we want to shop is often just a personal decision, rather than a solid red line. That certainly doesn't mean that I am going to do that search for the OP, as my priorities are likely different than the person with the problem.

Looking for parts is like an Easter egg hunt to me. When I hunt eggs, I look under the bush but I also look behind the rocks! Many folks only look under the bushes and that is fine with me and I would rarely tell them not to do it their way.

I find some really good prices at places I would never think to have the part.
One of my better finds was while wandering around a store I picked up a really odd part and asked the dealer how he happened to have it.
He had no idea where it came from or even what it fit, so we settled on five dollars as a way to get it out of his face!

For my part, I got a chance to replace the really ugly piece of flashing I was using but too broke to pay in the $40 dollar range at the time!

Now I have lots more money but I also have lots more time!
Makes sense and hopefully the OP will come back and tell us how they made out.

Tags
view