Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Heating, Cooling and Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-01-2023, 10:03 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Fridge not working?? This might help:-)

I have a 2009 Winnebago Journey 39Z I had issues twice with the fridge. Once not switching over to propane and this year not turning on a all. So pulling off the outside fridge panel I checked for 110 at the plug and 12v at the power box two wires right side of box. Both had power but fridge would not fire up. There was also a steady red light on the limit box.

So both times there were stink bugs on he printed circuit board shorting it out. The reset procedure on mine is with use of a magnet. You pass it over the limit box in two spots and you'll hear a click. Fridge was good to go
HollywoodGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2023, 10:11 AM   #2
Site Team

Hi HollywoodGT,
Very good to know. Did you happen to take any pictures? How big are the stink bugs?
Thanks, Eagle5
Old 08-01-2023, 10:46 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Maybe I do have a few I will check. Stink bugs are brown and about the size of he lighting bug but flatter.
Old 08-01-2023, 01:26 PM   #4
Site Team

While pictures of the insects would be nice, I was more curious to see photos of the circuit board and the location of this magnetic reset.
Could this all be some sort of computer bug? (ha-ha)
Eagle5
Old 08-02-2023, 08:44 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle5 View Post
While pictures of the insects would be nice, I was more curious to see photos of the circuit board and the location of this magnetic reset.
Could this all be some sort of computer bug? (ha-ha)
Eagle5
I'm sure he is referring to the Norcold recall box and the bootleg magnet reset hack.
Computer bug_
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2023, 08:19 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Sorry was out of town didnt get back to the board. You are correct and the board has a little red light. So if you have a Norcold fridge good chance that's it
Old 08-15-2023, 08:31 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

There are times when the small stuff bugs us the most!
One of the problems we get into in remote sites is that new boards often have some film on them that attracts ants!
Those ants also are wet enough to arc when they get across power and ground.
It doesn't take a whole lot of ant to kill a computer chip if they leave a semi-high resistance short across a couple legs of a chip!
Ants are terrible because they are nearly impossible to keep out but grasshoppers can be worse if they do get in! They can be juicy enough to actually explode and scatter trouble all over the place!

Gremlins come in a wide variety of sizes and shapes!
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
fridge