Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Heating, Cooling and Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-01-2023, 12:17 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Basement A/C Service? 2006 Itasca Suncriuser

I am looking to get my basement AC unit serviced (Trueair residential Central heating and air conditioning)(Cokeman-Mach)
Does anyone know of anyone in the Kissimmee FL area that services these units? 2006 Winnebago Itasca Suncriuser.
Thanks in advance.
Jim
Jim53g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2023, 05:46 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

I''ve found that a mobile Rv repairman will know more about an RVP basement unit than a dealer. Use these to locate a nearby mobile RV repairman:

https://nrvta.com/

https://rvtaa.org/locate/
You can also run an internet search by zip code, either way_ ask questions about qualifications and experience when you initially call one.
The RVP 6535 unit if the most popular of the 5 different models. Here is the service manual

The unit weights ~200# so pulling it out of the RV is much easier for 2 men.
This thread tells and shows how to pull the unit out, service and reinstall. https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/...ure-42567.html
When I pulled mine and serviced it I rented a hydraulic table to silde the unit out on, while leaving it connected to 120VAC.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2023, 10:15 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Ray thank you for the info I will search and hopefully find some one thanks again
Jim53g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2023, 03:20 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Best guy I know is Shelburn RV in Cleveland TN, he repaired mine and it runs great, he repairs three to four a week now, https://shelburnerv.com/
Old 11-06-2023, 11:01 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Once again, this group has the Best info.

Our basement AC does cool, but makes a horrid noise, think it is probably bearings.

Take care, all.
Evpraxia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2023, 07:40 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

Be sure to let us know how things work out for you, or if you have any questions about my repair feel free to ask away,
Old 11-07-2023, 05:43 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evpraxia View Post
Once again, this group has the Best info.

Our basement AC does cool, but makes a horrid noise, think it is probably bearings.

Take care, all.
This PDF is tailor-made your your issues: https://www.irv2.com/forums/download...do=file&id=435
Duner documented his repair of his basement unit. It is an excellent guide and resource. These units weight 200# so do not try to remove it from the MH by yourself.
I bought a hydraulic lift table just for this work, it was $250 but it allowed me to pull the unit from my MH by myself and reinstall by myself on my schedule.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
service, itasca