Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Heating, Cooling and Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-24-2023, 11:37 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Splendide 2000 Combo W/D stuck in cycle

My combo is getting stuck when it is supposed to drain the water and go into the spin cycle. My only work around I've found is to set it on Reset and just let it blink for 30 minutes or so, then turn it to the spin cycle and it usually will drain and finish the cycle. Is there a fix for this??
TIA........
jefflbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2023, 04:15 PM   #2
Site Team

Here's a thread over at IRV2 that seems to cover this topic and the OP finds a fix in post #6.

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f54/sple...le-277075.html
Old 10-24-2023, 06:28 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativepart View Post
Here's a thread over at IRV2 that seems to cover this topic and the OP finds a fix in post #6.

If that were true the Splendide lint cleaning cycle procedure would not work as designed.
Quote:
"Clearing lint from Splendide’s Interior Duct
1. Run the unit without clothes and with the dry time off on cycle # 11.
2. When the water stops entering the unit push and hold the start button until all the lights come on then release the button.
3. Next, move the cycle knob to cycle # 2 and press the start button once (do not hold).
4. Let it run through that complete cycle.
5. Do this twice.

If in frequent use, do this once each month to avoid buildup.
If the above treatment fails, try it again, adding a cup of white vinegar to break down the deposited soap and fabric softener.

FALL BACK PROCEDURE IF THE ABOVE PROCEDURE FAILS

1. Pull the unit out and remove flexible exhaust duct.
2. Pick out as much lint as you can from the air outlet on the back of the dryer.
3. Put a garden hose in the outlet and blow the blockage into the washer.
4. Run the washer on a short cycle. The blockage breaks up and goes out the drain."

By allowing the washer to fill on setting #11 and #2, water should be about ½-way up the viewing glass to flush out trapped lint.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2023, 09:51 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativepart View Post

Just an update that I tried what one of the guys did at the link and it appears to have resolved my issue. I got a can of contact cleaner, pulled off the cycle selection knob and sprayed the hell out of it as best I could, then put the knob back on and turned it round and round with the thought of gettting any dirt or corrosion off the contacts. I repeated that process several times.

So far so good! I've done 2 loads of laundry without issue..........
jefflbi is offline   Reply With Quote