Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Plumbing | Systems and Fixtures
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-09-2020, 02:14 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Water and sewage weeeee!

So my rig is a 1984 mini winnie built on a chevy g30 chasis. I found a PDF file on the internet with pretty much all of the parts on her.

I baught her not really knowing what I was getting into but she is a labor of love now. The last owner used a sawz all and hacked out the galley. I've been capping off the exposed lp lines. He also butchered out the fresh water pump left plastic lines all over

I would like to ask for a picture if possible of what a fresh water pump looks like installed in a mini wini so I know if I'm doing it right

I also have a. Small leak in my black water area. I baught new gates for both black and grey which I will do later

My question about the black tank is this. I have a part number and I'm not afraid of a wrench or gunk. How do I either get a cross over. Part number or find the same or similar tank?
AliceKelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 05:03 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Sounds like a challenge but you're up for the fight!
A couple thoughts but not much of the info you asked for. I might fist throw in to make really certain it is the tank leaking before jumping to change it as it can also be really easy to find it is leaking at some other point like a fitting going into the tank, etc. .Also it is pretty easy to get a leak running out in a place that leads us to get the wrong idea, so proceed with extra thought about making sure before going the really big deal of changing the tank.
But then you may already have verified it is the tank, so ignore if it fits!
The pump for an 84 may not be easy to get and others are much handier to find but they are all pretty close to the same. Just a basic in and out to make sure it's turned the right direction for flow and then it likely will take some thought to get fittings to run the lines in to that. Possible flexible tubing or lines that let it line up better. one big advantage on this is the low pressure lets us use a wider range of stuff than a house system might. Also the pump should have a tiny little filter just before it to stop small stuff.
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
sewage, water