Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Plumbing | Systems and Fixtures
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-30-2020, 01:17 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

furnace access

Can anyone tell me if there is "A" a shutoff valve for propane feed to the furnace, and "B" is there is an access panel for the furnace itself?
This is a class A 2001 Itasca Suncruiser motorhome model 32v on a workhorse chassis
Thank you.
It seems I have a leak around the onboard propane tank behind the passenger side rear tires.
mikew60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 06:21 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Short part one is that there is a shutoff on the tank itself as it is needed when refilling. Don't know that particular coach for more info. but I would assume there would be access. Have you checked the outside for access panels to open? Seems like one would be near the exhaust/intakes for the furnace.
Attached Images

Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 06:31 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

I have never seen a Winnebago plumbed with a separate shutoff valve in the line running to the furnace. As said, you can shut off all propane at the main shutoff valve on the onboard propane tank and also on the external propane tank if using an Extend-A-Stay attached external propane tank.
powercat_ras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 08:42 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Access

Thanks for the info I was just wondering if there was a shutoff other than the main valve on the tank. The access panel shown is for the radio and the refrigerator but thank you also. I’m guessing that I’m going to have to get a professional for this problem and not a DIY solution
Old 02-05-2020, 08:39 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

The central propane furnace is located in the back of the coach behind the basement air unit and is mounted above the spare tire location. The access panel is outside on the rear of the coach above the bumper where the combustion chamber intake and exhaust is mounted.

In the parts listing at the link below you will find the furnace section starting on page 174

http://www.winnebagoind.com/service/...01/1ipg32v.pdf
Old 02-06-2020, 05:46 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Thank you all very much. Found I believe what I was looking for.

Tags
ace, furnace