Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Plumbing | Systems and Fixtures
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-30-2024, 05:50 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

No hot water from faucets

Hello folks,
We have a 2019 Winnebago Outlook 22C, our hot water heater is working but, I get no hot water at the faucets. Wondering if I have a closed line somewhere. Thanks in advance.
DaddyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2024, 06:53 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Good job on letting us know exactly which 2019 outlook you have as many fail to tell us which of several RV for the year!
You get the quicker answers if we don't have to swap for that info !
But a couple points to verify?
No hot water? Does that mean you turn on the hot but it is not hot, only cold? That can be the bypass valve near the water heater is bypassing the water AROUND instead of through!
Or do you mean there is just no water when turning on the hot? A bit more difficult to pin down so have you tried all the different faucets? That can let us guess whether it is something in the faucet at that one point or more likely something along the line.
Possibly check there is hot water at the heater by carefully pulling the handle on the temperature and pressure valve on the water heater to let a little water out? Careful to avoid hot water burning!

Click this snip from the parts catalog here:
https://catalog3d.winnebagoind.com/menu/Parts.htm
Click image for larger version

Name:	hot.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	101.7 KB
ID:	188859
Drawing shows cold comes to heater on blue line. If the bypass is right, it goes into heater and comes out on red tube but if bypass is wrong it just goes around the heater! If no water shoots out of the temp/pressure valve on the heater outside, the valve is not right to let water in!
Careful if you ease this pressure valve open if the heater is hot. The water right there can come out quick and HOT!!

If the water goes in and the heater is working, the hot comes out on the red tube and goes down to a manifold where several tubes connect to let it go to each faucet! Manifold is a high class name for a point where it splits like a number of tee fittings in a line?
Do a little checking and we can dig further if you can tell us a bit more about which way to look!

Good luck on the bug hunt!
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2024, 07:12 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Incorrect bypass valve setting, OR The check valve on the hot out WH pipe is stuck closed..
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2024, 07:36 AM   #4
Winnebago Watcher

Thanks for the help folks. Very much appreciated. My issue was I had the bypass valve still in the bypass mode. Still learning this RV. We now have hot / steamy water.... �� YAY!!
DaddyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2024, 08:19 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

Sounds like a winner. Sometimes the most obvious solution IS the the correct one!

But we have to keep alternates in mind as we can get tricked very easily. One of the funny things can be when we can't get water out of a faucet

It can be as simple as the aerator on that faucet is stopped up!
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
water