Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-13-2021, 08:37 PM   #1
Racin' and Fishin'

Kitchen faucets leak

Hi all, new to us 2000 Journey 36l, both the kitchen faucet and the drinking water faucet leak, can't find name or numbers on either one, main faucet is a single handle type, drinking faucet is a "twist" type, anyone know what I have or am I going to have to take them out and find numbers on bottom, I would like to just repair these two items if I can get parts, Thanks
Old 12-13-2021, 09:57 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Water faucet

If you feel comfortable and can take some down time remove the faucet inside parts and take to nearest hardware store or do it in their parking lot. Even if you find out the brand it’s best to take parts in with you. Travato John
TravatoJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2021, 03:32 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

I know in my 2007 Meridian its hard to find the filter for the drinking water faucet, let alone parts. I would replace both units and start fresh. This may help you find parts replacements however
https://www.winnebago.com/Files/File...p36l_plumb.pdf

or this

https://www.winnebago.com/Files/File...00/0wkp36l.pdf

The kitchen faucet can be gotten at any big box store as can the drinking water one.
Good Luck
be happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2021, 06:54 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

Matching plumbingparts is often a tough one and part of that is the fact that many are not labeled, so the idea of pulling it to find a model number may not help! If possible topost a picture of each, that would be a good place to start on hoping one of us might have one of the same and be able to save what you have. But that isalso taking a leap because things do get chenged over theyears and you may not have what was first there.
But doing a search for that kitchen faucet number, does lead to this way-old post which "may" add some info -or not!

https://www.justanswer.com/rv-motorh...cartridge.html

My personal move would be to take the cartridge out and go to the store for matching.
Since there are only a few actual folks who make the partsand many of those part fit a wide range of brands names, I might go with matching as close as possible, trying and returning if it is not correct.
Quite possible this faucet is something common like Perrless, Moen, etc that is simple the same cartidge but put in a different shape and quality of housing.

You might get by with saving a couple dollars by online but you can blow the whole savings if it doesn't fit. This is a time for brick and mortor store shopping!
You might get lucky!
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2021, 09:07 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

Unless access is terrible, why not just replace the whole unit? We replaced ours with a modern high-rise faucet with a pull out sprayer. It's much more convenient when washing dishes.

There's absolutely no reason to stick with the stock faucet. In a 2000, there's a good chance it isn't even original. In the case of the drinking water spigot, I'd be surprised if Winnebago doesn't have a current model that will fit.

By the way, our drinking water spigot is disconnected and we filter the water going to our sink faucet through a modern, under sink filter, just like we do at home. We aslo filter the water going into our MH when filling the tank or when on "city water".
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2021, 07:29 PM   #6
Racin' and Fishin'

Thanks everyone for the help, we just decided to replace them with different style fixtures !
Old 12-26-2021, 07:05 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

The OEM faucet on those coaches should be a standard Peerles by Delta Residential Faucet. Standard Peerless/Delta repair kits from Home Depot/Lowes/Ace Hardware are pretty easy to match up.

The water filter and its faucet should be by EverPure and its hard to find a better one for your RV since the one in there (unless someone messed up terribly) should support Super Clorinization of the fresh water tank and be able to remove the excess chlorine. The EverPure are very common filters used in beverage dispensers in restaurants, coffee shops, etc and are among the best filters available. I would not be inclined to downgrade them to anything lesser.

You can call Pentair Customer support for a replacement faucet or just get a universal water filter faucet from the hardware store that uses the same size feed tubing while maintaining the EverPure filter under the sink.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/GE-Singl...TFBL/204726223

This was the common system used around the year 2,000:

https://www.pentair.com/en-us/produc.../EV925205.html

https://www.pentair.com/en-us/produc.../EV959206.html

Tags
leak