Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Plumbing | Systems and Fixtures
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-07-2023, 08:30 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Ice Maker Problem - 2014 Journey 36M

Hello,
I have a 2014 Journey 36M with a residential refrigerator and ice maker. I can't trace the line from the filter to the ice maker but perhaps that is my problem ie no ice. I have water to the cold water tap in the fridge, but not the ice maker and haven't been able to discover why. If the filter under the sink is only for the ice maker, then the winterizing "bypass" plug that is in it may be stopping water flow to the ice maker? My difficulty is that the filter I have is too tall for the receptacle. There is a small structure directly under the place for the filter that prevents the filter from sliding in. Is it possible that the plug/bypass installed on the filter receptacle prevents water from getting to the ice maker? I can't find anything in my books or online. Thanks!
drgjones01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2023, 12:31 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

My under sink filter (2003 coach) is an Everpure ADC. It is a one piece metal carbon filter ... no housing ... and can be difficult to install. It must be pushed into the head, then twisted to lock into place. It filters water to the drinking outlet on the sink, and to the refrigerator. I see no reason why the refrigerator water tap would have a different water line from the ice maker ... that would double the expense & the risk of a leak. There's is normally a cut-off valve in the small water line under the sink to turn off the flow to the refrigerator. I have never operated mine w\o a filter, but the bypass plug should allow that water line to operate exactly as it works w\a filter installed. As to why there is no water flow to the ice maker, I would be looking at the ice maker itself, and\or the solenoid valve on the back of the refrigerator. Something is not telling it to allow water into the ice maker.
Old 01-10-2023, 04:31 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

For the OEM Everpure Winnebago under-sink water filter, mine has a lever on top of the housing that is a water shutoff.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2023, 07:06 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

There is a wonderful site for locating things like this called the "parts catalog"! Many may skip it as they are not looking for parts to order but it is very handy to use to look for where and what parts we have and how the water lines are run!

https://catalog3d.winnebagoind.com/menu/Parts.htm

Your Rv has an early and late build, so I'm not able to pin it down to which RV exactly and one of the changes is in the water supply to/from the filter, so I cut and snipped both and will let you look it over which might best fit you??
Click these snips for a better view or go direct for the whole story!

Early (pre-March build?)

Click image for larger version

Name:	early.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	67.7 KB
ID:	184948

Late build?

Click image for larger version

Name:	late.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	184949

Are you aware of the cutoffs for the supply out of the filter to the frig? That would seem to be a place to check, so I outlined them for locations?

Best of luck on the chase!
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2023, 05:51 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

It might not be the water supply.

Take the cover off of the end of the ice maker that faces out.
Find the contacts to the heater element.
See if they are scorched.
If so replace the ice maker.
Old 01-19-2023, 11:05 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

FWIW, this pdf applies to all ice makers in refrigerators, not just Norcold brand.
https://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/ncoldicemaker.pdf
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
journey