Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-06-2021, 07:25 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Ice Maker Not Working

Have a "NEW TO ME" Winnebage 2002 Journey DL. Previous owner had the refer cooling unit replaced about 3 years ago. I replaced the ice maker in the Norcold Refer. I did check the water solenoid when the ice maker was removed. Put 12V to the line running from the ice maker plug back down to the solenoid. It opened and water flowed freely. When I started up the refer with the new ice maker installed, the ice maker seemed to cycle once. The arm raised and lowered and the teeth that eject the cubes made one revolution. At last check freezer was down to 20 degrees and still no ice nor water in the tray. I would not think the lines needed to be bled. My next step, which I should have done before, is making sure the water line from the solenoid to the ice maker is not plugged. ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS??? THANKS
Gary Gilb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 09:02 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

I might first look online for troubleshooting info for the frig and icemaker combo.
There seems to be some info lacking on how and what you've done as I'm missing a check that the frig was providing the icemaker voltage to do the job of opening the solenoid or was that the source of the 12volt test you used?
I "think" the water has to go in first, then freeze before the sensor has it ejected. Possible no water makes no eject and therefore no water added?
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 09:06 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Gary, On our rig, which is similar to yours, the kitchen is in the slide out on the driver's side.

Our Norcold is on the passenger side directly opposite the kitchen sink.

Beneath the sink is a designated water filter for a drinking tap and the ice maker.

1/4in plastic tubing leads down and under from the filter to the ice maker.

Until we did a minor tube extension and re-routing under the sink, that tubing would occasionally get crimped as the slide moved in or out. Cutting off water flow.

Fair Winds and Following Seas
Oldchinahand is offline   Reply With Quote