Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-11-2022, 12:47 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

2015 Journey/Meridian Ice Maker?

Just bought a 2015 Meridian 40R but dont get it for another week. Does that fridge have an Ice maker? Water inside the door? I know there is not Ice or water through the door.
Socaldj1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 01:23 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

I can't say about the specific like icemaker but I can tell you are like most and suddenly wonder what you've bought, so some info to study until you get hands on might ease the time and questions?

A great tool for looking at the "innards" of the new RV is this interactive parts catalog:
https://catalog3d.winnebagoind.com/menu/Parts.htm
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 01:38 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Thanks, I downloaded the owners manual and have used the parts catalog for my 37F before. Neither shows the refrigerator Both good to have link to though
Old 01-11-2022, 02:33 PM   #4
Site Team

Does the RV you purchased have a RV Fridge? Or a Residential Fridge. What brand? Two doors, 3-doors or even 4-doors?

See there is not just one fridge available in 2015 Journeys/ Meridians. So I don’t know how we can answer your question without knowing more details.
Old 01-11-2022, 02:57 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

3 door residential KitchenAid bottom Freezer
Old 01-11-2022, 03:45 PM   #6
Site Team

Ours is a Whirlpool but I think LG makes both the KitchenAid and Whirlpool 3-door fridges so if it’s like mine it could have an ice maker in the freezer and a water dispenser on the upper left door frame inside the fridge. FYI we have never used the water dispenser. In fact we didn’t realize that’s what it was until about a year after buying the RV.
Old 01-11-2022, 04:13 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Thanks I think I see that in the picture now The ice maker will be nice we had that in our Dometic fridge in our 37F
Old 01-11-2022, 04:34 PM   #8
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socaldj1 View Post
Thanks I think I see that in the picture now The ice maker will be nice we had that in our Dometic fridge in our 37F
The water dispenser is a small round gray rubber button and there is a short white plastic tube where the water flows when you push in the button.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	17874C3F-893C-499C-A14C-A3C257DB59E0.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	144.5 KB
ID:	181690  
Old 01-11-2022, 06:19 PM   #9
Winnebago Master

When thinking of what each specific RV may have when talking small points, it may be necessary to do a much closer look at those small points as Rv do have options just like we find on buying cars!

So it is not just a simple matter of sorting down to a year, make, and model of RV like a 2015 Journey or a 2015 Meridian, even though many will tell you they are exactly the same. Many salemen will certainly tell you they are alike, but it pays to remember they ARE salemen!

They may be exactly the same except for differences in things like materials, trims, and then the options are thrown in and may change a number of those smallish points we miss when we look at an RV.

This is the list of options shown for just the 12Volt section of the electrical wiring, so if we have this number of options on one single page, think of how many options are on other parts of the RV! Where we get that specific info written down for that RV, is often in the info packet that Winnebago adds to most of the motorhomes and without checking that list, most of us will never be able to spot what options are on one versus another.

Can any of us say we came away from an RV lot knowing if we got "1BT" or did we get "1B2"? Do we know if we got option "41Y" or did we miss that small point?

Most of us do come away trying to remember simple things like, "where was the frig?"
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	options.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	181693  
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
journey