Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Plumbing | Systems and Fixtures
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-23-2020, 08:23 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

How to fix leaking T-handle low point drain valves

Have a 2020 2405RG Micro Minnie 5th wheel. It has two T-handle low-point drain valves that are leaking. If I giggle/twist the handles I can get it pretty much stopped on the Hot, but the cold line won't stop leaking. They are in a spot that requires extreme contortions to reach, and if I drop anything I am screwed. It was a struggle to even get my phone in the opening in order to take the picture. The belly is sealed with panel and expanding foam surrounds the two PEX tubes that extend out bottom, and there isn't enough tubing or room coming out the bottom to put on a second valve underneath.

Anyone have any tips to service? I have a hunch those silver U-clips (see attached pic) might be valve-stem retainer, and if I remove that I might be able to pull out the stem and replace O-rings? Though, am concerned how hard it is, given I'll be doing pretty much blind and if drop the clip, it'll be a PITA to fish out.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	197
Size:	114.7 KB
ID:	174028  
DaKevster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 03:56 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Is there enough room on the exposed pex line to put a fitting with a screw on end cap? I had a 5th wheel and that's all I had was screw on cap for the low point drain lines.
be happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 08:15 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

There isn't much exposed tubing below the belly pan, and it is cut on an angle. Would probably lose 1/2" just cutting it to a straight end. Would barely leave enough for a PEX crimp clamp. While might be possible to put a PEX fitting and cap on the exposed portion, I'm thinking that wouldn't be the best option as any water that accumulates between the leaking T-valve that is in the insulated section, and the exposed tubing below the belly pan/insulation could freeze back into the compartment/valve and break something. The Winnie has the Extreme Weather package, and while know that isn't a license to camp in deep winters, we live/camp in Colorado mountains and during good chunk of the camping months the overnight temps can easily swing 40+ degrees and dip into the 20s.
DaKevster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 12:06 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

Maybe run a bunch of water through them to try and flush out any debris that may be trapped inside the valve. Probably won't help but easy to do.

I think you may be right about that metal clip. Can you get a part number from Winnebago and then maybe find more detailed info online? Can you access the lines from inside the camper to maybe splice in another valve up top? EDIT: Sorry, I misinterpreted your picture as being under the floor but realized it was from inside your camper.

If you do get it apart and replace the o-rings be sure to lube them well with plumber's lube.
Bones2003 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak